Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you had one paragraph ....

Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
Hello simmers!
If you had only one paragraph (of ten sentences or less) to ask the Sims team anything you wanted, what would that paragraph look like? or maybe you would prefer 10 items in point form?

I'm just curious as to what is most important to all of you (I can already guess toddlers lol), would love to see what you would say to them if given the chance

<3

*please no extreme run-on sentences
Dear EA/Maxis,
I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
A concerned simmer

Comments

• ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    hate to say it but this post is just going to cause drama.
    good idea though :) if people just took it the right way and stayed civil
    you're ele-phantastic
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Justine Keaton.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Can we have the old forum back?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    ambrown wrote: »
    hate to say it but this post is just going to cause drama.
    good idea though :) if people just took it the right way and stayed civil

I hope everyone will let each other express their onions openly. I would love to see all of the praise and problems that everyone has with the game so far :smile:

@Colton147147 when did you fall in love with her? lol - I am fascinated by your obsession!
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Letty91 wrote: »
    When did you fall in love with her? lol - I am fascinated by your obsession!

When the Sims 3 World Adventures was released.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    edited June 2015
    I think I would have to ask about building. They did such a wonderful job with so many aspects of building, but it seems like maybe they went to lunch before they finished, and an intern thought it was finished and sent it in. We have beautiful rounded porches and octagonal rooms, but no round or octagonal roof sections to put on them. Why are there two different styles of roof pieces that look terrible together? The foundations are lovely and easy to use, but why can't we make different structures on the ground floor with or without them? Why are some doors and windows able to change colors and others cannot? Why do things like windows that seem like they go together not have the same colors available for them? What was the thought behind leaving out terrain tools, and would it be possible to add it to the game?

I love building, but it seems like they had great ideas and gave up half way though.
    Post edited by Piperbird on
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    I'm sorry, but my post will be too long and feature a lot of run on sentences. But in short, just about everything people have mentioned...and then some...and a cookie too.
    2750512.gif~c200

cookies are always appreciated!

I for one would like to know who came up with the angry poop and champion pee options - now that is getting in tune with emotions. Also, why only two carpet options?
    Dear EA/Maxis,

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I'd ask about gameplay and the emotional system.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Why no CASt :'(
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    Letty91 wrote: »
    When did you fall in love with her? lol - I am fascinated by your obsession!

When the Sims 3 World Adventures was released.

I hope she got locked in a tomb ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

Supposedly, the reason for excluding CASt was to prevent performance issues.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Lets seee....

Dear EA:
    I hate your stinkin guts. You make me vomit! You're the scum between my toes. Love, Trashmagic!!

Ok joking, I'd explain my playstyle, which is ultimately sandboxish. Is that even a playstyle? I think personally the sandbox incorporates all playstyles but ehh. I'd just ask em to bring back the sandbox so that all playstyles can be present. :)
  • NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    What is the plan for the Sims 4? How does the team see the future development of the game? I wish for more transparency.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

Couldn't they have at least given us the SAME colors for things, though? :( There are couches and matching love seats that are not available in the same colors. Same with some of the counters and cabinets, the color is slightly off. If we can't have CASt, couldn't we have the SAME 20 colors available for everything? And why only 8 colors for carpets?
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Lets seee....

Dear EA:
    I hate your stinkin guts. You make me vomit! You're the scum between my toes. Love, Trashmagic!!

Ok joking, I'd explain my playstyle, which is ultimately sandboxish. Is that even a playstyle? I think personally the sandbox incorporates all playstyles but ehh. I'd just ask em to bring back the sandbox so that all playstyles can be present. :)

that's beautiful! I want to watch that movie now - I love petey :blush:

but on topic - I feel sandbox is a good description of my style too and I miss the freedom!
    Dear EA/Maxis,

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
    Piperbird1 wrote: »

Couldn't they have at least given us the SAME colors for things, though? :( There are couches and matching love seats that are not available in the same colors. Same with some of the counters and cabinets, the color is slightly off. If we can't have CASt, couldn't we have the SAME 20 colors available for everything? And why only 8 colors for carpets?

Well said :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member

That's still my question. I get a question and that's the question I want! o:)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • SimPoseyYumSimPoseyYum Posts: 995 Member
    Since this is all hypothetical, in my fantasy, they'd answer 100% honestly, without a bunch of PR spin. Of course, my paragraph isn't holding back any punches. If I were to write an actual letter, I probably wouldn't be as blunt :). Anyway, here goes.

Dear PTB:

Do you think The Sims 4 is a reflection of the very best product you could have produced? If you had it to do over, knowing what you know now and having experienced the reaction/feedback the game has gotten over the past 9 months, would you have released The Sims 4 exactly as it was at launch? If not, what would you have changed, and why and how would you have changed it? I, personally, am very disappointed with the decision to omit open world and CASt, among other things. The rationale that I've heard for these eliminations is that you were, ostensibly, trying to make The Sims 4 run better on older PCs. I have an older PC. The Sims 3 ran (and continues to run) flawlessly on it, whereas The Sims 4 lags and crashes frequently. Both games are vanilla; neither has mods or CC or anything from the Gallery or Store. The "better on older PCs" argument doesn't fly with me. Bottom line: do you think the game should have been released as it was, delayed for further development or simply scrapped and re-started from scratch?

Sincerely,
    SimPoseyYum

Woot woot, not including the Greeting, Closing and Signature, I got it in 10 sentences!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well most know I'm happy with the game but this would be my thoughts to them. I know I'm likely to be mocked but that's okay. Use to it by now.

Hi Sims Team,

I am really happy with the game and the direction the Sims has gone in, keep up the good work! I have that old excitement back of waiting for what will come and I thank you for giving that to me again.
    I was kind of surprised that toddlers were not part of the base game, since I never played them much in the past it really didn't bother me at first, but I really would like to see how they would be made and fit into family life in this version of Sims. The reason I would like to see them is because I now really enjoy the child stage for the first time and it seems weird to go from baby to a 7 year old child to me. I also know the company reputation took a huge hit by not having them in this game and frankly that bothers me. Also, it does bother me some that the teenagers are the same height as adults and it's hard to tell them apart at times. This doesn't matter to me as much as toddlers, but it's kind of strange and I wish we had an actual teenage size. Personally though I love everything else about the game minus the bugs and glitches that are in all games and have to be worked through.. or should be. I do hope you work through them as they crop up within a reasonable time frame.
    Oh, and please moderate the forums better, new people are in a sink or swim position here and you will lose customers that way since the Sims 4 game links directly to your forums.

Thanks for the attention,

Hermitgirl

egTcBMc.png
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Dear Sims Team,

First of all, thank you for Sims 4. I am really enjoying it. I appreciate your work in making the sims more lively and animated. What I do happen to notice is that my sims are more affected by their environment than they are by each other. I hope that it is in development to have them have more personal relationships with the sims around them instead of the objects around them. I hope to see more ways in which the sims interact with each other. I'd like the ability to invite a whole household over for a bbq so that families and friends can have fun without goals added.

And yes, I'd like toddlers back because for some reason, they help with the cohesiveness of the family unit. They just add something to playing a family. But please! Make them more fun and cute like in S2 and not whiny brats like S3!

Thanks for listening!
    fullspiral