Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHEN WILL MY SIM DIE!?

Not to be mean or anything lol, but I want my sim to die so the daughter will move out. I want him to die before the daughter moves. The sim (as of now) is 99 days old. Does anyone know when he'll die? Thanks

Comments

• rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    By any chance, did you have him complete the Marathon Runner challenge, or does he have the Vegetarian trait?

If either or both are involved (and provided you haven't changed the lifespans in any way), it might be a good long time before he finally dies.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Alex210Alex210 Posts: 81 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    By any chance, did you have him complete the Marathon Runner challenge, or does he have the Vegetarian trait?

If either or both are involved (and provided you haven't changed the lifespans in any way), it might be a good long time before he finally dies.

No, he doesn't have either. Hmm
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Alex210 wrote: »
    Not to be mean or anything lol, but I want my sim to die so the daughter will move out. I want him to die before the daughter moves. The sim (as of now) is 99 days old. Does anyone know when he'll die? Thanks

Well, I don't know what lifespans you are using, so couldn't say. Regardless, I thought it was random. Once the sim reaches the end of the elder lifestage then each day after that they have a chance of living another day. Certain things increase that chance, as @rednenemon mentions, so those sims will tend to live longer. That's my understanding, at least.
  • NinjakitzNinjakitz Posts: 142 Member
    Some sims just live longer then others. It's mostly just a lucky roll
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2015
    The way this works is that, beginning with the day on or after the last day of their life expectancy, the dice are rolled behind the scenes at midnight. If the sim, active or inactive, "loses" the dice roll, they get a visit from Grimmie later that day. If they "win," they get to live for another day and the dice are rolled again for the next day at midnight. It is possible for sims to win that roll many times in a row. The life span in my game is 242 sim days and I sometimes see sims, both mine and those around town, make it well into their 290s although some of them never make it beyond their mid to upper 240s. Most are in between.

And yes, bonuses are given for the two things @rednenemon mentioned.

There are mods that can be used to make the end of life event more precisely defined or those dice rolls more difficult to win, though many of us actually prefer the uncertainty and suspense as EA designed it. But without those, if you want your sims to generally die of old age sooner, you might need to dial the Elder part of their expected life span down a bit.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    99 days is weaksauce material.

Try 119 with no modifiers to aging (so none of the stuff @rednenemon mentioned). I was just so bored of them but didn't have the heart to kill either.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • secondendersecondender Posts: 63 Member
    If you want them dead, I advise patience. If not, you can arrange an unfortunate 'accident'...
    *poofs*
    simblr :3
  • lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    If you want them dead, I advise patience. If not, you can arrange an unfortunate 'accident'...

BahaAAHHAhah

Seriously. You are amazing.
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • Alex210Alex210 Posts: 81 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    99 days is weaksauce material.

Try 119 with no modifiers to aging (so none of the stuff @rednenemon mentioned). I was just so bored of them but didn't have the heart to kill either.

Well my other sim lived until about 100 days :neutral:
  • auntmichelle9auntmichelle9 Posts: 87 Member
    My sim married Esther Atkins from University. She just passed at the ripe old age of 153 - set on a 90 day lifespan.
  • secondendersecondender Posts: 63 Member
    > @lovespandas1 said:
    > BahaAAHHAhah
    >
    > Seriously. You are amazing.

Thanks.
    I have had times where I seriously wanted to kill a sim, so I boxed them in and left them to die.
    oops.
    *poofs*
    simblr :3
  • CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    You could just used "testingcheatsenabled", right click the sim, and force him to age. I would imagine that would automatically kill him.
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    You could just used "testingcheatsenabled", right click the sim, and force him to age. I would imagine that would automatically kill him.

if they are an elder,and you do that,it does make them expire of old age
    Happy Simming!♥
  • tacheira209tacheira209 Posts: 209 Member
    My sim married Esther Atkins from University. She just passed at the ripe old age of 153 - set on a 90 day lifespan.

Oh goodness! I would've killed her off :wink:
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would just MC trigger age transition on elders if there's too many of them and the town's getting too full unless I can raise the population cap though it would only delay the killing off elders.I'll keep them around if they're needed and let them go if they're not needed.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • auntmichelle9auntmichelle9 Posts: 87 Member

Oh goodness! I would've killed her off :wink:

It was tempting... :)
  • sookieleesookielee Posts: 114 Member
    This happened with my very first legacy founder. As much as I loved her, by the end I was like "die already Please die already". She actually lived long enough to have a great grandchild.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    sookielee wrote: »
    This happened with my very first legacy founder. As much as I loved her, by the end I was like "die already Please die already". She actually lived long enough to have a great grandchild.
    Is this unusual? In addition to my sims living that long, I knew three of my great grandparents IRL. One of them was around long enough to see me go off to "Uni" so in theory she could have been a great great grandmother (but that didn't happen). And, as far as I know, she did not have any occult states. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    My sim lived up to 109 days on normal life span. I guess I kept him too happy
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    sookielee wrote: »
    Is this unusual? In addition to my sims living that long, I knew three of my great grandparents IRL. One of them was around long enough to see me go off to "Uni" so in theory she could have been a great great grandmother (but that didn't happen). And, as far as I know, she did not have any occult states. :)

it happens often for me... why I have the elder stage short but normal adult long.... fits fine and most do see their grand children. (and some greatgrand) times great

I like the randomness in when they die as older sims...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    Once I was playing a family and the mother of my third generation just wouldn't die. Her husband had been dead for a long time, but she was still kicking around. Her son was married and had a kid in the house, but this woman was still ticking. I was out of things to do with her, so I really wanted her out of the house and finally I broke down and moved her into a nice little one bedroom. And the next day she kicked it. I was so mad.
  • CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    Everyone has all of these horror stories about elders staying for too long...mine never last past the few days they're chancing it!
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
  • sookieleesookielee Posts: 114 Member
    When my elders live a excessively long life, I have them work on skills they didn't get/need earlier. Handiness, painting and especially fishing. I think several of my elder sims went from 0 to 10 fishing autonomously.