Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play premade neighborhoods or custom? (sims 2)

Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims (2000)
Just wondering what other simmers like to play. Right now I just started playing my new custom neighborhood Lakeside.

Although, sometimes I do miss some of the story lines in Pleasentview and the other neighborhoods. What about you guys?
Post edited by Jinx23 on

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    At the moment I am playing Pleasantview. I was playing a custom neighborhood, but things were acting a bit wonky, and found out it was because of corruption, so it made me a bit nervous, and that's why I went back to one of the premade neighborhood.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I play custom only. I never really got into the premades.
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Premade custom: Old Town (Sims 1) recreated into Sims 2 and play with my own custom families there :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    @Godlike Cool idea! I really do miss the feel of Old Town from The Sims 1!
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    I mostly play in the premade towns but occasionally I will make my own hoods. I just got TS2 Ultimate Collection yesterday and it has been a very long time since I've played it. I plan to make my own elaborate neighborhood eventually.
  • Options
    Jinx23 wrote: »
    @Godlike Cool idea! I really do miss the feel of Old Town from The Sims 1!

After years trying to recreate it myself I got mine from here: http://modthesims.info/d/522506 - took a while to get it working by renaming files, though so don't get discouraged if it doesn't work immediately!
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Pre-made ones. I mostly play in Pleasantview.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I only play Pleasantview :blush:
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I wish I knew where the Create a World tools were. I'd like to attempt - notice I said "attempt" - to make my own map for my cities.

For now, I've been playing on a custom map:

AliceSacco map called Zania -
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=292408

I've been building my city called Steelton. The "Zania" map has alot of build space, but I want want to change the layout - mainly near my ghetto area. A 5X5 lot is the biggest lot that'll fit, but Zania is still a good build map. I'd recommend it :+1:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

I play both. Sometimes I feel like playing the old neighborhoods and sometimes I want a new one- then I pull out SimCity 4 and make a new map. I must have hundreds of them so far. I don't like them all or use them all but I keep them for some strange reason. XD
  • Options
    NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    I prefer premade, mainly because I really like the stories each neighborhood has and I'm really bad at making custom neighborhoods, they end up looking like barren wastelands. :lol:
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • Options
    @5782341b77vl for the Sims 2, the way you make custom maps is by creating a terrain using SimCity 4!

• Options
    pinkpuppy12pinkpuppy12 Posts: 71 Member
    edited June 2015
    I just reinstalled Sims 2 on my laptop for the nostalgia! I only play premade hoods, Pleasantview almost always.

Right now I'm bouncing between Brandi Broke's family and the Pleasant family. I'm trying to get Dustin and Angela married so I can continue with their story with their own family. I'm also working on getting Brandi through the culinary career and getting her remarried. o:)
    Post edited by pinkpuppy12 on
    tumblr_nd5dlgfEcF1tx5stvo4_500.gif
    <center></center>
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    D'oh! I never had SimCity 4! :( Oh well, I still enjoy my Sims :)
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    D'oh! I never had SimCity 4! :( Oh well, I still enjoy my Sims :)

You can on Origin I think or otherwise it's on Steam now for a discounted price to be picked up for $5 during their summer sale.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    I usually play in Pleasantview. Not that I wouldn't play in other hoods, I just don't have the patience for everything to load up. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I always play premade neighborhoods.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Actually, I play custom versions of the premade neighborhoods that are all combined into one big megahood. That way, I can have neighborhood cross-over, like Dustin Broke marrying Juliette Capp. B) I also have my favorite custom neighborhoods that I have created. Two historical neighborhoods, one medieval and the other Victorian. Then there's my neighborhood I created of the extracted Pleasantview ancestors.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I've played the megahood before. It was fun, but my obsessive need to play every family did me in meant I only got through maybe 1.5 rotations ;-) I have played Strangetown over and over and over and OVER; I adore Strangetown, in all its iterations. The only time I've started with one of the blank template neighborhoods was for Apocalypse Challenge and Prosperity Challenge. I'm not a builder/decorator, so creating my own neighborhood is not fun for me. I had a long-time roommate who loved to make his own neighborhoods using SimCity (was it SimCity 4? Can't remember), and then spent weeks building and decorating. He had one that was laid out like Disneyworld. He rarely played; just built.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    The base game hoods shipped pre-corrupted (Pleasantview and especially Strangetown, not sure about Veronaville) so I don't touch them anymore.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    xBob18 wrote: »
    The base game hoods shipped pre-corrupted (Pleasantview and especially Strangetown, not sure about Veronaville) so I don't touch them anymore.

If you're talking about the genetic corruption, they were patched long, long ago.
  • Options
    wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    I mostly play pre-made neighborhoods. My favorite one is Strangetown.
    ldauop39735.png
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited June 2015

I have been playing TS2 for years and have never, ever heard of corruption until I came here. I did a google search and came across this wiki: simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Avoiding_Hood_Corruption

Now I am terrified. I already deleted an urn from Pleasantview. :'(:'(:'(
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    slynnski wrote: »

I have been playing TS2 for years and have never, ever heard of corruption until I came here. I did a google search and came across this wiki: simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Avoiding_Hood_Corruption

Now I am terrified. I already deleted an urn from Pleasantview. :'(:'(:'(

Deleting one urn from Pleasantview isn't going to make your saved game into a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space. Don't worry about it. If you've been playing for years and have never corrupted a neighborhood, just keep playing like you're playing.

ETA: The actions described in the article CAN cause the neighborhood to corrupt, but only if you do it a lot. It will not corrupt the actual GAME. If ever your neighborhood becomes a BFBVFS, just take the folder out of My Documents and start all over again. The game will still work. It's the saved neighborhood that becomes corrupt.

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I alwayd play in the pre-made neighborhoods with my own sims. I have only once played with a pre-made house for the storyline.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1