Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the View From Your Sim's Windows or Balconies?

I thought this would be a fun little game. I vaguely remember seeing something like this a long time ago and thought having another thread would be fun. I think it's cool seeing through the point of view that your sims see all the time :smiley:

I'll start off with a view from a house I'm building for my legacy family in my game. Here's the balcony view to the lake (or whatever it's called) in Hidden Springs:
Screenshot_zpsiqift6gx.jpg

Feel free to share your pics if you want! The more the merrier :)

Comments

• BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @Mea_93 ...
    Looks like you did a great job positioning the house for an awesome view.
    Hidden Springs is full of lots that have great views if you know how to use them.

I have a Sim living on the cove in Hidden Springs.
    Here's the view from the bedroom windows .. And the sun comes up on that side of the house.

Kinner%20058_zpsauyhed76.jpg

I don't have a balcony because it is a single story house ... But I do have a porch that looks across the yard.

Kinner%20042_zpsark8zkgj.jpg

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    @BlackSand: Oh that's beautiful! I love all the scenery that Sims 3 has to offer. Looks like a lovely home as well :)
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2015
    Lovely views in Hidden Springs @Mea_93 and @Blanksand. I love that town so much.

The best view my main family has is of city hall in Monte Vista. Normally I prefer a view of nature, but dang the buildings in Monte Vista are gorgeous, and city hall is lovely. I'd gladly take a view of such a building irl.
    Screenshot-18268.jpg

I'll see about getting some of my other houses in other towns later. I have a couple families in Hidden Springs too, and I'm pretty sure every view in that town is amazing. I really need to get in that save anyway, maybe it'll provide extra incentive. In fact I think I'll be good and head in there now.
  • lovespandas1lovespandas1 Posts: 635 Member
    @Mea_93 Very pretty!
    @BlackSand Gorgeous backyard!
    Screenshot-2024_zpsy6xufblc.jpg?t=1434431305

My legacy household doesn't get a very good view. Well, not compared to you guys' pictures! Augh so gorgeous!
    you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Darren Dreamer in his natural habitat. The view from the window is nice. This is the lot I moved him to.
    tumblr_npmc4yIRFz1ssiu0eo2_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    @Mea_93 Very pretty!

My legacy household doesn't get a very good view. Well, not compared to you guys' pictures! Augh so gorgeous!

@lovespandas1 ...
    I don't know ... There are some folks that would pay for a view like that ... Plus, you have Penny and that makes any lot look better.
    Also ... If that is Sunset Valley ... You have some awesome views right around where the picture is.
    Sometimes you just have to get the most out of the view you have.

I am also not against moving townies into another house so I can steal their lot and get a better view.
    The Wolff Family almost always ends up in another house ... That lot has some awesome views in 3 directions.

WetLizard2_zpsb02ce4a2.jpg

@Simasaurus09 ...
    That looks like the perfect lot with the perfect view for that particular build.
    It looks like the work area and Darren "belong" there.

@dreamerz13: HS is my favorite town, but dang your views in Monte Vista make me want to have my sims move to that town. Lol! That's a great view!

@lovespandas1: Uh, I beg to differ! That view is gorgeous too! Is that Aurora Skies? Either way I think that view is amazing :)

@Simasaurus09: Ach, I'm always so jealous when I see the amazing graphics of your game Sima! But Darren has an awesome vista out the windows. Sooo pretty.

@BlackSand: Oh yes the Wolff house does have amazing views. I renovated their house once but kept them there. Lol
    edited June 2015
    @Mea_93 Actually, Sunset Valley! I'm using a lighting mod so it looks a bit like Aurora Skies, but the funny thing is I'm pretty sure I downloaded the ST one..

@BlackSand Yes, I'm sure all the townies get the "beautiful lot" moodlet when Penny is around.

@Simasaurus09 What a gorgeous lot! It seems fitting for him.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    @Mea_93 Very pretty!

That's a BEAUTIFUL view! I love how the sky looks.
    @Mea_93 Actually, Sunset Valley! I'm using a lighting mod so it looks a bit like Aurora Skies, but the funny thing is I'm pretty sure I downloaded the ST one..

Oh I see. I have a lighting mod similar sounding to yours. Burntwaffles?
    I actually have something similar to Auroras in my HS save as well. I suppose I should have read more into the lighting mod for the details. Lol!
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited June 2015
    My Hidden Springs pictures are from a lodge I created and placed on the original lodge lot. Sometimes I use it as a community hangout and sometimes I make it a residential lot.

Here is the view from the first floor kitchen in the late afternoon.
    Screenshot-2267_zps16d5544b.jpg
    Here is the view from the second level deck late morning.
    Screenshot-455_zps4051866d.jpg

Sunset Valley views

In an old game I built a Roman Villa on the legacy lot in Sunset Valley. Here are views from the peristylium
    Screenshot-1249_zps10c2eef6.jpg
    Screenshot-1351_zps9a74a01f.jpg
    and from the garden.
    Screenshot-1353_zps6cbd26bc.jpg

from house down on the beach
    Screenshot-1021_zpsa76c7ed5.jpg

from one of my favorite lots in Sunset Valley
    Screenshot-886_zps614fab5e.jpg
    Sinclair Mansion on the same lot in my "Emily and the Ghost" game
    Screenshot-619_zpsf2bbc74f.jpg

EDIT: P.S. Love all the beautiful views in this thread. More Please :).
    edited June 2015
    Mea_93 wrote: »

Oh I see. I have a lighting mod similar sounding to yours. Burntwaffles?
    I actually have something similar to Auroras in my HS save as well. I suppose I should have read more into the lighting mod for the details. Lol!

Yes, Brntwaffles!
    I think the Sims community have all agreed they are the BEST at lighting mods.
    It's called the "Blue Skies & Sunshine" lighting mod.
    @JessicaSimston Thank you. :relaxed:
    edited June 2015
    Penny got permission from the family to leave. Well, for 8 days at Bridgeport, atleast.

oooOoooOh pretty. ( it better be, took 20 mins or so to edit this! )

4d8096f7-3a98-4a51-bdeb-83b43ed534b2_zpspxuniecm.jpg

Rented out a high-rise.
    @cwaddell: Ohhh I love your pics! I especially love the Roman style house. I've been reading books based in Biblical times dealing with Rome and such and the house (and its view) is amazing :)
    And I'll try my best to keep this thread going :P

@lovespandas1: I definitely think brntwaffles is the best too. My lighting mod is Fresh Cut Day using Pounawea water. It really made me love my game even more. Who knew such a small feature could make my game mote enjoyable :)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Great topic, such a variety of pictures!
    Some views of my sims over the years,

Screenshot-92.jpg

Eve_025.jpg

Strandhuis03a_zps895a4bc0.jpg

Strandhuis06_zps02d405f6.jpg

5658023_orig.png

1300083_orig.png

5JZ57S6.png
    @lovespandas1: I didn't see that second city pic you posted. It's beautiful! I usually prefer countryside shots, but cities have their own beauty as well. Love it! :)

@JoAnne65: Very lovely pics! I really love your first pic with the pool. Looks like you had something for the sims to admire underwater? I might have to steal that idea from you :P
    I totally got side tracked last night lol anyway, one of my Hidden Springs houses.
    View out the front
    Screenshot-18271.jpg
    and out the back
    Screenshot-18280.jpg

This is an old picture, the sim in it no longer lives there, his parents still do though. I was having issues getting a more current screenshot, not that it matters, still looks the same.
    Screenshot-5172.jpg
    Sadly I realize he doesn't really have a view in his new home, only of a bunch of leaves from the trees outside XD.
    @dreamerz13: HS is my favorite town, but dang your views in Monte Vista make me want to have my sims move to that town. Lol! That's a great view!

LOL. HS is mine too, but MV is beautiful in its own way. It has beautiful landscapes too, but the architecture is wonderful.
    cwaddell wrote: »
    Screenshot-619_zpsf2bbc74f.jpg

Oh my gosh this one is sooo gorgeous. The sky is so pretty!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @lovespandas1: I didn't see that second city pic you posted. It's beautiful! I usually prefer countryside shots, but cities have their own beauty as well. Love it! :)

@JoAnne65: Very lovely pics! I really love your first pic with the pool. Looks like you had something for the sims to admire underwater? I might have to steal that idea from you :P
    That's the aquarium they can put in the wall ;)

@dreamerz13
    Love that second picture! Lovely view.
    I like that pose; I've always missed they can't sort of hang over a banister like that in the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • zombii3zombii3 Posts: 388 Member
    06-10-15_2-22nbspAM-2_zps6wrybj0y.png

This lovely lady stood outside my door for 4 sim hours.. >.>;;
    Not even friends with her or her family, so weird.

06-17-15_12-36nbspPM_zpsbqda7qjw.png
    Death just taking a stroll I guess.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    My current families view, and yes it's also Hidden Springs. It seems very popular just now!
    s0xtop.jpg

Looking the other way
    9i5t8p.jpg

And from an old save in Aurora Skies, can't take the credit for the beautiful garden it was a downloaded house
    14v0cwz.jpg
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    dreamerz13 wrote: »

Oh my gosh this one is sooo gorgeous. The sky is so pretty!
    Thank you. All my pictures were old ones before I started using lighting mods, except this one. I don't even remember which lighting mod it was though. Now I use various lighting mods from brntwaffles. They make sunrises and sunsets more colorful.

I like all your pictures of HS too, especially the last one with your sim looking over the balcony in the early morning.

@JoAnne65 : Your pictures make me want my sim to live in your houses. So colorful and restful at the same time.
    @dreamerz13: Hidden Springs 4eva! Hahaha. Love the pics though! I don't think there can ever be a bad pic of HS :P

@JoAnne65: AHA! I thought so!

@zombii3: Ohhh Sims 4 piccies! Nice pics! Your sim in the second pic looks as though he's all, "You seeing what I'm seeing?" Lol!

@Scrapdash: Yess, Hidden Springs shall reign in the forums!
    Otter_zps06bff37c.jpg
    Mwahaha. Sorry. Please excuse me as I have just finished a good cuppa coffee. Me + Caffeine are a crazy combo at times :P

I LOVE your pics though! I especially love your last pic with the fountain and the nighttime view. Soo pretty :)