Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny House Challenge

Comments

• wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    @vethesims , @kremesch73 - THOSE ARE SO CUTE. YES, CAPS FOR CUTENESS.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • vethesimsvethesims Posts: 695 Member
    wyn wrote: »
    @vethesims , @kremesch73 - THOSE ARE SO CUTE. YES, CAPS FOR CUTENESS.

THANKS SO MUCH! :) I'm very glad you liked it!
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Here's mine! Actually really love it

295vbx4.jpg
    1q0jea.jpg
    301qdlj.jpg
    29126ty.jpg
    2dawpyf.jpg
    2hf17rm.jpg
    2cy4bd1.jpg
    vffc6a.jpg

Excellent house
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Here's mine! Actually really love it

295vbx4.jpg
    1q0jea.jpg
    301qdlj.jpg
    29126ty.jpg
    2dawpyf.jpg
    2hf17rm.jpg
    2cy4bd1.jpg
    vffc6a.jpg

Love this house
    I've been working on my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan, I really need practice with landscaping. I saved it to origin ID mskube 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan park
    mskube wrote: »
    I've been working on my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan, I really need practice with landscaping. I saved it to origin ID mskube 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan park

Post some pics here.
    edited June 2015
    I sure will as soon as I get home... :)

Here's a few photos.

[img][/img]e0fxoz.png
    [img][/img]29ga3k.png
    [img][/img]2gvlt7t.png
    [img][/img]mcvv6d.png
    Post edited by mskube on
  • silverlilymisilverlilymi Posts: 44 Member
    Super cute! The rainbow one is adorable. I started working on another one - a two story trying to work out the double bed - but I can't figure out a good roof line. I'll have to go back to it later tonight.
    Super cute! The rainbow one is adorable. I started working on another one - a two story trying to work out the double bed - but I can't figure out a good roof line. I'll have to go back to it later tonight.

That one was so much fun. I'm working on a yurt campground now. Can't wait to see your two story.
  • silverlilymisilverlilymi Posts: 44 Member
    Asche Bungalow - in the gallery. :)

06-15-15_10-10%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    06-15-15_10-12%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    06-15-15_10-13%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    06-15-15_10-14%2525C2%2525A0PM.png
    06-15-15_10-14%2525C2%2525A0PM-2.png
    06-15-15_10-14%2525C2%2525A0PM-3.png

I'm sure most of you have see the tiny house (most on wheels). So here's the challenge = Build One

Must have all the necessities, bedroom, bath, kitchen = in a tiny house this is all in one room,

Feel free to look up pictures and plans online.

Post your creations here when done = looking forward to seeing them.

Here is an example:
    th?id=JN.pVzdnfANCVTaezZHiSwxVw&pid=15.1&P=0
    th?id=JN.ny3oAU2Byk0c6nXuI9cuAw&pid=15.1&P=0

*edited for grammar

Just a reminder that this is what we are shooting for ^^^^
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2015
    Here's mine: "Gardener's Folly", in the gallery. I could go smaller (axe the computer and the sink) but I think I may already have squeezed the lemon a little too hard.

I don't have a picture-sharing whatsit, but the gallery images show pretty much everything that needs to be seen without any help from me.

Apparently I need to be around for a little while longer before I can post links....

www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4E2128C913D411E5818D44A4A4CA829B?searchtype=ea_origin_id&category=all&time=all&searchquery=Xinqun&sortby=newest&max=25
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Xinqun wrote: »
    Here's mine: "Gardener's Folly", in the gallery. I could go smaller (axe the computer and the sink) but I think I may already have squeezed the lemon a little too hard.

I don't have a picture-sharing whatsit, but the gallery images show pretty much everything that needs to be seen without any help from me.

Apparently I need to be around for a little while longer before I can post links....

www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4E2128C913D411E5818D44A4A4CA829B?searchtype=ea_origin_id&category=all&time=all&searchquery=Xinqun&sortby=newest&max=25

Gardener's Folly is very cute & tiny
    02.jpg
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • HaitakaHaitaka Posts: 289 Member
    I will try this later! ;)
    tumblr_inline_nwa6au39531rd9om8_500.gif

Alone in the darkness, it's so cold and crazy
    And everybody’s heartless,
    got no one to save me
    But f it imma be all right, wake up and rise
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Ohh! I love everyone's tiny houses! I'm a pretty horrendous builder, but I've been inspired by this thread to try it out again. I think I'll try to work off of those blueprints on the OP and see what I can do, maybe that will be easier than trying to be creative. I'll post results later if they aren't too horrible :)
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Try limiting it to 16 tiles. You can use a single bed, toilet and shower (sink in the kitchen area) only in the bathroom, one chair, one table, etc. The shape can be any shape, just only 16 tiles. The deck or porch does not count as part of the 16 tiles. Good luck!
    I had to give this a go when I read it! I haven't landscaped yet... I find landscaping overwhelming. I'm pretty happy with it so far! I was trying to go more urban. I found some graffiti cc and it's my first time using some of it :smile:
    dfgja0.png
    2lvkav6.png
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Thanks. This really reminds me why we need trash compactors so badly. It's the need for that dang garbage can that is taking up that one vital square I could use for something useful.
    Noooooo!!! I forgot the garbage can! I can fit a tv over the door (I just didn't like it in my screenshot). It's harder to fit everything than it looks.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    Noooooo!!! I forgot the garbage can! I can fit a tv over the door (I just didn't like it in my screenshot). It's harder to fit everything than it looks.

I know. That's why I love these homes so much. They're really challenging.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    edited June 2015
    @Shaobun

Oh! Using the island counter and the barstool is very smart, as is putting the bathroom access from the deck outside! I love how island counters can do double-duty as both food preparation areas and dining surfaces. I wanted to use them in mine, too, but I couldn't see a way (at the time; thanks to you I now have an idea) to have an island counter *and* enter the bathroom from inside the space.

And, if by "garbage can" you mean one of the small disposal units that need to be emptied every so often, I wouldn't worry about it. It seems much more efficient to me to go straight to a big "all that goes in disappears forever" garbage bin outside. And some lots even come with one just across the pavement, saving you the cost of buying one as well.
    And thanks @Mmdrgntobldrgn for linking a picture of my build!
    I have another tiny house in the gallery: "Fisherman's Cabin". 13 squares. I used the old Potter Splay lot even though that's really too big for a tiny house like this one, because Potter Splay has a fishing spot right next to it.

www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/665AACA4148C11E58BC40D2985824A1B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Xinqun&max=25
    I have another tiny house in the gallery: "Fisherman's Cabin". 13 squares. I used the old Potter Splay lot even though that's really too big for a tiny house like this one, because Potter Splay has a fishing spot right next to it.

www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/665AACA4148C11E58BC40D2985824A1B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Xinqun&max=25

Wow! talk about compact. :mrgreen:
    Fisherman's Cabin
    01.jpg
    02.jpg

I have to confess that working on the one I did, left me missing loft beds.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn thanks again for linking the pictures from my build! Can't wait to be able to do it myself....

I never got around to messing with the bunk beds in Sims 3. Were you actually able to have one upper bunk and use the space underneath for other stuff, like a desk or a counter? That would be so cool.
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn thanks again for linking the pictures from my build! Can't wait to be able to do it myself....

I never got around to messing with the bunk beds in Sims 3. Were you actually able to have one upper bunk and use the space underneath for other stuff, like a desk or a counter? That would be so cool.

Yes some of the bed were lofts that you could put other stuff; desk, book case, tv; under and sims still had full use of everything. Yet half the time I forgot they were there. lol :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • MissMeipMissMeip Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi. *waves shyly* I made a house for this challenge. Here's a link to where you can find it on the gallery, since I'm too new to post pictures yet. *smiles* I had lots of fun working on it!

www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/90FC0D1314B111E5804D0D2985824A1B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=MissMeip&max=25