Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 & Sims 4 [LOOKS DIFFERENCES]

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    MzB06 wrote: »
    I know no one propably cares, but these are the dolls that remind me of TS3 for some reason. :D:D

G16721.jpg

Those dolls still look happier than any TS3 sims.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I know no one propably cares, but these are the dolls that remind me of TS3 for some reason. :D:D

G16721.jpg

I don't understand. In real life, many people can have neutral expressions. Sometimes, I look serious/intense or worried in my neutral expressions. The Sims 4 are kind of creepy with their constant smiles. I understand if it's a cheerful person, but even cheerful people can have neutral expressions.

One of my Sims does smile quite a bit in Sims 3 because I keep his needs up and his wishes filled a lot. Plus, he was a hopeless romantic, too, so he would constantly smile and sigh sometimes when he was around his loved one. :p
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member

G16721.jpg

I don't understand. In real life, many people can have neutral expressions. Sometimes, I look serious/intense or worried in my neutral expressions. The Sims 4 are kind of creepy with their constant smiles. I understand if it's a cheerful person, but even cheerful people can have neutral expressions.

One of my Sims does smile quite a bit in Sims 3 because I keep his needs up and his wishes filled a lot. Plus, he was a hopeless romantic, too, so he would constantly smile and sigh sometimes when he was around his loved one. :p

Yeah, but TS3 sims' neutral faces are like they're plotting a murder or something. It's just this soul-less doll face that they have.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

G16721.jpg

Yeah, but TS3 sims' neutral faces are like they're plotting a murder or something. It's just this soul-less doll face that they have.

Oh, I see. I can sort of see that. Sometimes, they do look kind of serious or intense. Or gloomy-ish, lol. :p
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    FoxcrestFoxcrest Posts: 348 Member
    I love CC, and I only play sims that are decked out in CC.
    If it wasn't for custom content I probably wouldn't love TS3 as much as I do

I prefer TS3 custom content sims over TS2 and TS4. But I do enjoy all the games.

I agree with you so much! I much prefer Sims 3 CC to the CC in Sims 4! They're both good don't get me wrong, but TS3 CC adds something special to the sims.

VJ Alvi
    EgDs3aX.jpg

Michael Bachelor
    wcU607B.jpg

Parker Langerak
    g5hsArf.jpg

My Sims 4 sim
    QSZra1F.jpg?1
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited June 2015
    TS3 Sims always had psychotic eyes to me. I will admit that TS4 Sims are better.

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    TS3 Sims always had psychotic eyes to me. I will admit that TS4 Sims are better.

The sims 4 doesn't even have eyelashes like the sims 3. Having all my sims in 4 with fake eyeliner for eyelashes looks terrible
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited June 2015

The sims 4 doesn't even have eyelashes like the sims 3. Having all my sims in 4 with fake eyeliner for eyelashes looks terrible

Will I do know that the Sims in S4 have better facial expressions. It was hard for me to make Sims in Sim 3 without using sliders. They all had the pudding face. Though I'm not sure why S4 Sims don't have eyelashes. Thats weird. :/
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Will I do know that the Sims in S4 have better facial expressions. It was hard for me to make Sims in Sim 3 without using sliders. They all had the pudding face. Though I'm not sure why S4 Sims don't have eyelashes. Thats weird. :/

Sims 4 does not have eyelashes. Mine dont have pudding faces and never used custom sliders ever. EA's sliders are all yoou need if you learn how to use them. The sims 3 has way more facial features than the sims 4.

Pudding face is when all your sliders are set at zero which is NPC in the sims 3. The sims 4 does have better NPC than the sims 3
  • Options
    KikaritoKikarito Posts: 50 Member
    Sims 3 was launched 6 years ago and the game looks pretty awesome compared to a game launched a year ago.
    I would say TS3
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Really? I don't think my Sims have Pudding Faces. :p
  • Options
    pinkpuppy12pinkpuppy12 Posts: 71 Member
    With custom content, I could make some really beautiful sims in TS3, but talking base game I definitely prefer the way TS4 looks. The colors are brighter, the neighborhoods don't look as dark and depressing, and the textures are much softer/more appealing. I also think we were given better base game clothes and furniture compared to TS3.
    tumblr_nd5dlgfEcF1tx5stvo4_500.gif
    <center></center>
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, I knew someone would say Base Game. I made my Sims back in those BG days and took their pictures then...I use less CC then than most use in TS4 now. Lol!

I was once fooled by the bright and shiny, not any more.

*I hate using a tablet. XD
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Rflong7
    Ray.png

Christian7.jpg

I know they have cc, but there's just something in their eyes and skin that gives them depth. And they look mature, they're men. I just never see that in Sims 4. They don't look like people to me and I mind. And the men all look like boys.

sims4-male-practice8.jpg?w=714

Even with wrinkles, it's just not a man. It's a boy with wrinkels.

What's wrong with their chin by the way? Looks fine to me.

Couldn't agree more! I wish the male Sims looked more manly...

I tried making this Sim look mature, but I don't think I succeeded XD
    [img][/img]4bdefd4b-8227-4e77-bf9f-f9ce4b452055_zpscjniguh9.png

He/Him
  • Options
    The Great Loli SummonerThe Great Loli Summoner Posts: 325 Member
    edited June 2015
    AHHH! The sims 3 sims look hideous! and scary! they look like lifeless dolls staring into your soul!
    But that couch sure is detailed, but I'll take better looking sim over detailed objects anyday.
  • Options
    The Great Loli SummonerThe Great Loli Summoner Posts: 325 Member
    edited June 2015
    AHHH! The sims 3 sims look hideous! and scary! they look like lifeless dolls staring into your soul!
    But that couch sure is detailed, but I'll take better looking sim over detailed objects anyday.

Not trying to be disrespectful but I understand why you think they look like lifeless dolls by looking at your profile picture :p
    She doesn't look lifeless! so not to be disrespectful but, plum you!
    A doll? yes. Taking that as a compliment because I was going for the anime look.
    And I'm not the only one that thinks they look lifeless, so I'm not sure what my profile pic has to do with anything influencing my opinion.
    Post edited by The Great Loli Summoner on
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

Not trying to be disrespectful but I understand why you think they look like lifeless dolls by looking at your profile picture :p

Lol! haha. LOL.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Rflong7
    Ray.png

Christian7.jpg

I know they have cc, but there's just something in their eyes and skin that gives them depth. And they look mature, they're men. I just never see that in Sims 4. They don't look like people to me and I mind. And the men all look like boys.

The top one has Custom skin and hair, they both have an eye shine that was CC back in the base game. :)

I know what you mean- they look way too young in TS4. I like them to look like men and teens so I can tell the difference. XD

Well, it took some work to get the chins wide without blowing them out funny- for me. I guess it's hard to explain.

Most of my problem with TS3 Sims was the way the mouth/nose moved when they smiled. TS4 Sims smile well but they act Goofy when and that's worse- for me.
    As far as I'm concerned they took the smiling problem with them lol
    In 3 there's something really painful happening to their mouths when they do, in 4 it just looks fake. It's not a real smile, they have to study smiles before they start putting them on sims the next time...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015

G16721.jpg

If anything they look happy, the sims in 3 ;) The pudding ones all have this innocent 'yes, I was in fact born yesterday'-look.
    And I see a lot of sims here that aren't plotting a murder. I know my Shayne isn't, nor the women I showed before. They only look odd when people give them the round eyes/high eyebrows look. If you hate that there's a solution: don't.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    To be honest it's those constant smirks in 4 that looks psychotic to me, and the funny walks. Sims in 3 can have a rather surprised look, it doesn't look psychotic to me though. And although not many, there are sliders to give them a facial expression. A lot can be helped with the way you place their eyebrows and their eyelids.

My problem is: when I play I'm not staring them in their face all the time, I don't play the game to create hunks and models and take their screens (the sims I showed aren't posing, I just paused the game while playing). I do dislike the puddingfaces and I regret there are so many townies looking totally off in 3, but most of the time I play my own sims anyway.

In Sims 4 you can't avoid their basic appearance, because they all do it, no matter how you create them. It's the whole picture that bothers me: the way they smile all the time, the 'we're so quirky' smirks and animations, the way they walk (definitely going to mod that out when I'll start playing again), the way they do push ups all the time, the way they talk (really, they must have been inspired by the ventriloquist dummy look cause that's exactly what they're doing with their mouths when they talk). It just strikes me every time I open the game, telling myself to enjoy it. I so very much don't like those sims and it has everything to do with their looks (that profile...), behaviour, their posture, their facial expressions (some call it realistic but I'm ever so glad it isn't because I'd lock myself in and never leave the house ever again if it was), the push ups and the walks. You can create a stunner in CAS, they'll all end up acting like that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @Rflong7
    Ray.png

Christian7.jpg

Couldn't agree more! I wish the male Sims looked more manly...

I tried making this Sim look mature, but I don't think I succeeded XD
    [img][/img]4bdefd4b-8227-4e77-bf9f-f9ce4b452055_zpscjniguh9.png

That ain't bad at all. It's a young man but at least it's a man.
    (why do modders do a better job creating body hair than EA...?; looks great, do you have a link for me?)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    @Rflong7
    Ray.png

Christian7.jpg

Agreed! :mrgreen:
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited June 2015
    whoops hit the comment button.
    giphy.gif