Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game won't load with CC?

Hi. I recently downloaded a bunch of CC for my Sims 4 game, and I didn't load my Sims game at all to test if it worked, I just downloaded CC for days straight. I have probably around 200 CC items now, but when I try to load my game it takes me to the "Sims 4" screen but won't do anything else after that. Can someone help? Thanks.
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    some cc does not work with the new patches. You would have to pull your mods folder and test a few cc at a time
  • Options
    emokitty32101emokitty32101 Posts: 42 Member
    Aw okay. Thank you.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,619 Member
    Hello.
    Because you have a lot of mods/cc, use the 50/50 method. Put half of your mods/cc into the mods folder then start the game and see if the issue is still there. If the issue is not there, then you know that those items work okay with the game. Then you can test the other half of your cc/mods.
    If the game doesn't work with the first half, you will need to keep testing them to see what is causing problems. Then you will need to test the second half of your cc/mods too.
  • Options
    velvettopvelvettop Posts: 3 New Member
    Good day Fellow Simmers,

I had an issue with my game where I could not play my households. Every time I left build mode to play my family, the sim's panel at the bottom of the screen would be half gone, and if I hovered my mouse over the sim's avatar, it would say "empty string." After reading the discussion I used the 50% removal method and kept pairing it down until I found just one Mod that was causing the problem (yes it took a few hours.) It's from the 'Mod the Sims' website, and it's for allowing multiple pregnancies. The package file is titled "pekesims_quadruplets-quintuplets-55-25-13-5-2.package." My game works great now, and believe me, it was completely unplayable before.

Thank you for the 50/50 method tip. I actually removed all CC to a folder on my desktop, then I sorted it alphabetically, and put each letter of the alphabet back in until I found the bad CC.

I hope this helps someone else having the same issue.

~V
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Thanks for posting that, @velvettop :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.