Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite book/What are you reading now

Comments

• silverlilymisilverlilymi Posts: 44 Member
    > @Simasaurus09 said:
    > I'm reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children for the second time. I read a lot of teen books.. Are you ever too old to read teen books? :p

Never too old! Those are some of my favorites.

I'm currently pushing through Outlander - Breath of Snow and Ashes. I read the first over a decade ago, but just recently picked up the rest and plowed through them but got stuck here. I should pick up something else for a break I think.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    Lots of good stuff. As far as classics go I like Anne of Green Gables (not too fond of the others though I've read them). I also like Jane Eyre.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • NejioranaidNejioranaid Posts: 748 Member
    Some really good books have already been mentioned in this thread!
    One of my favourite books is Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanne Clark. I always recommend this book to others.
    The BBC is broadcasting a lovely series atm, which is definitely worth watching as well.
  • MMLP2OVERILLMATICANYDAYMMLP2OVERILLMATICANYDAY Posts: 7 New Member
    does the way i am book count? it's an autobiography i love reading if i'm having a bad day or just bored
  • christianscott9christianscott9 Posts: 44 Member
    My favorite book series is Witch and Wizard by James Patterson and others. And I am currently reading The Rook by Daniel O'Malley
  • OleummarkOleummark Posts: 30 Member
    @Nejioranaid That funny I was just watching the first episode last night. Had no clue it was based off a book series. I will have to check it out.
  • Hemptress143Hemptress143 Posts: 115 Member
    fav book (I Am Regina by Sally M. Keehn) reading (the latte rebellion)
    hsfile_272820_zpsods1d6oi.jpg
  • Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    Abnormal psychology/Fight club/rereading The zombie survival guide, for no reason and a few I.T. books but they're a headache...
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm not reading anything at the moment, but my favorite book/series so far is The Vampire Huntress Series by L.A. Banks. The series is finished and the author has passed away (There was an episode on Grey's Anatomy similar to the authors life). However, this was one of the best reads of my life.

It's suitable for YA and A.

6bfa8ae6d92d396bacecaed502b637f3.jpg

It's actually 12 books

T2eC16NHJHYE9nzpcw70BQULv0yw60_35.jpg

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    I paused my reading of The legend of Drizz't with book 20 so I could read the newest Frostborn book that came out last month. No worries I'll pick up Drizz't again just need to have my frost fix.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    These two books kept me up a few nights, but they're worth the read

goodhouse.jpg

b998d6e5dac614f488c427a9faa4f113.jpg

This is an awesome supernatural thriller/ suspense: The Mercy Thompson Series

Mercy-Thompson-book-covers-Briggs.png

The Descent Series by SM Reine

azure_d05e622e829e621a0568132c1e36b4b9.jpg

• LadyAscheraLadyAschera Posts: 43 Member
    Julie Kagawa the Iron Fae series are really amazing *A*
  • mariesummersmariesummers Posts: 598 Member
    edited June 2015
    favorite
    vampire kisses by ellen schreiber
    8127f86df154a26133cef86778e9384f.jpg

house of night by pc cast
    tumblr_mfwviep48U1s25mtmo1_1280.jpg

What im readying
    dark world by zak bagans
    71D-ANRkftL.jpg

Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian by el james
    635687492080226960-greys.jpg

sweep series by cate tiernan
    sweep-series-books.jpg

one of the house of night books, vampire kisses again
  • simmerinesimmerine Posts: 54 Member
    I've been reading ¨Love in the time of cholera¨ by Gabriel García Marquez, although I sort of stopped because of uni. I'm not an avid reader and haven't read that many books but the one that has really made an impact on me was ¨One hundred years of solitude¨, again by Gabriel García Marquez. I wonder if anyone else here has read any of those books?
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I started reading Fifty Shades of Grey.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    I read Fifty Shades a couple years ago. I just read the last House of Night book a few weeks ago.
    @Simmerine I've heard that first title but I've never read either. Is he a good author?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • RosillatrixRosillatrix Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2015
    My current book obsession is a series called "The Mortal Instruments" and I am reading it for the third time!!
    I'm super pumped because they're currently filming the book series to be turned into a TV show called "Shadowhunters" (omg they turned the first book into a movie last year and it was soooo bad!! I am really hoping that the show will be much better)
    Origin Username: Rosillatrix
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    simmerine wrote: »
    I've been reading ¨Love in the time of cholera¨ by Gabriel García Marquez, although I sort of stopped because of uni. I'm not an avid reader and haven't read that many books but the one that has really made an impact on me was ¨One hundred years of solitude¨, again by Gabriel García Marquez. I wonder if anyone else here has read any of those books?

I have a paperback copy of One Hundred Years of Solitude that I've read so much I'm amazed it holds together!

Currently Reading: I'm between books but planning to read next Raziel Reid's When Everything Feels Like the Movies (http://www.arsenalpulp.com/bookinfo.php?index=410) and Rainbow Rowell's Attachments.

Favourite Book: Lord of the Rings. I'm a bit of a @pottergoose type fan: Have lived on fan forums, reread regularly, and have gone to fan conferences and academic ones. I'm out of the fan loop a bit now, but LOTR came into my life at a time (a late one, compared to many of my now friends) that mattered in many different ways that have stayed with me ever since.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    Mr. Stephen King is my favorite. Currently re-reading Delores Clairborne. :)
  • RosillatrixRosillatrix Posts: 60 Member
    @CaliadneAmatrix oh my god I am in LOVE with Les Miserables!! I went to the movie theater to see if seven times, I have the book, PLUS I went to go see it live on Broadway in NYC. It's absolutely amazing, always makes me cry and sing along.
    Origin Username: Rosillatrix
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member

I love Gabriel García Marquez! One Hundred Years of Solitude is one of my favorite books.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • CaliadneAmatrixCaliadneAmatrix Posts: 210 Member
    @Rosillatrix Happy to find a Les Miserables fan! :D I am loving the book. It's so good.
  • pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member

I have a paperback copy of One Hundred Years of Solitude that I've read so much I'm amazed it holds together!

Currently Reading: I'm between books but planning to read next Raziel Reid's When Everything Feels Like the Movies (http://www.arsenalpulp.com/bookinfo.php?index=410) and Rainbow Rowell's Attachments.

Favourite Book: Lord of the Rings. I'm a bit of a @pottergoose type fan: Have lived on fan forums, reread regularly, and have gone to fan conferences and academic ones. I'm out of the fan loop a bit now, but LOTR came into my life at a time (a late one, compared to many of my now friends) that mattered in many different ways that have stayed with me ever since.

Nice to see a fellow con goer :smile: have you
    Ever cosplayed?
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • simmerinesimmerine Posts: 54 Member
    @lisamwitt He was a good writer, sadly he passed away last year. His books often blend reality with fantasy. When I read his books I feel like someone is telling me a story :)
  • NejioranaidNejioranaid Posts: 748 Member
    Right now I'm reading The Country of Ice Cream Star by Sandra Newman. It's a challenging read, because it's written in a 'new' sort of English, but it's very interesting!