Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Games That Are Totally Not The Sims Geek Out Corner

Comments

• lissiealissiea Posts: 175 Member
    hihi122122 wrote: »
    Crackseed wrote: »
    @LadyWindrunner15 -- I wanted to romance him in Origins too, but I'd completely forgotten about it until inquisition came out. I've only got 3 keep lines. What I wanted to happen, what actually happened (for my first series run through), and my educated run through. Now that I know I can prevent Alistair from making dumb decisions I will/did.

Any time I get a new game I always do a first run through with a thought. Just to get the feel for the game, story, and characters. First time I played Origins, I didn't harden Alistair, lost the landsmeet, killed Zevren, and accidentally married Alistair off to Anora. Despite the fact, that I was a human noble (it was the only origin that allowed me to play a human female rogue...had no idea she could marry him) and fully capable of marrying him.

Second time through, is where the real fun began and I was able to roleplay it. I get so into RPGs, that I have full backstories for my leads and I come up with stuff to add into places there are gaps. Silly, I know, but so much fun and gets me connected to the game.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 you're like my long lost gamer twin xD

I do the EXACT same. I make tons of mistakes, screw-ups and experiments the first time through to learn what works and doesn't then I sit down and play through immediately after 1-2 more times getting it ALL right as much as possible. Then I tend to return a year or so later with all the DLC, etc and do completely new thorough playthroughs again.

Eesh, I'm on my 9th ME3 playthrough as is though DAI I'm still pushing through my 2nd/3rd when Warframe/Witcher 3/GTA V aren't eating my free time.

Gamer twin, yea!!!

Yep, I do exactly the same thing. I have my rushed play through number one, my thought out/written out/do as much as I can play through. After that, I have my completionist play through which is always my canon story and character. If my girls are going to save the world, they are going to do all of it. They are going to see everything, meet everyone, explore every nook/cave/cranny/hidden temple/dungeon there is on the map.

Currently, I am on my third play through with the smuggler on SWTOR.

Fourth with DA:I. When I finish this play through, I am starting all over back in Origins. I am going to play Origins/2 (my least favorite)/Inquisition in order to get the entire story so far. Including the DLC, minus DA2 because I always get an error message when I try to purchase the darn things!

Lastly, I am on my third play through of the entire Mass Effect trilogy.

Yeah....I do the same thing...I was being ridiculous and rejected the dark ritual and I'd already killed the one guy and didn't harden either Alistair or Leliana. The romance with Alistair almost worked out....until he told me he couldn't live in a world without me and killed the archdemon. I was so mad that I wouldn't touch dragon age or the dlc for 2 weeks.

My human noble has a much happier life. She is queen with Alistair and the dark ritual was completed (really wish there was another option. Alistair is mine! Mine, Morrigan!).

Being a smart mouth got me thrown out of the inquisition ball, so....watch what you say...glad I had a save game.

I never take my first playthrough completely seriously. I make so many mistakes and usually still don't quite make nice with the game mechanics. The 2nd and 3rd time are when things get fun...I play as an evil character, recruit the non-goody-two-shoes and have a blast. Or I still be a nice guy because I want Alistair :D

I'm still on my first DAO playthrough but I already know about the dark ritual. Really, really not looking forward to it because Alistair is MINE. Also, I'm not very fond of Morrigan. My game is slowing down to a crawl because smoochies. Yes, I can't move three steps without having teh smoochies with Alistair. :*

Meanwhile, I'm finding it difficult to progress in ME because combat in the Mako is RAGE.

Anyone bought anything in GOG and Steam sale? I bought the bard's tale and it's pretty funny.
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    @lissiea -- we'll be the anti Morrigan group. She's just such a know it all whiny sarcastic woman. She says she's my friend, but she still can't be nice. Guess that's her mode of operation, but I would do well without her. Until perhaps inquisition when she grows up a bit.
  • lissiealissiea Posts: 175 Member
    @lissiea -- we'll be the anti Morrigan group. She's just such a know it all whiny sarcastic woman. She says she's my friend, but she still can't be nice. Guess that's her mode of operation, but I would do well without her. Until perhaps inquisition when she grows up a bit.

Good thing she's useful or I'd have dumped her snarky backside ages ago. >:) Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't stand her! :D
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    The Steam summer sale will be the death of me...or well my wallet anyways. For those who have any interest, tons of stuff on sale this week. Sometimes major sales up to 75% off. Worth looking into. I just bought three games on my wishlist for less than $20
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    lissiea wrote: »

Good thing she's useful or I'd have dumped her snarky backside ages ago. >:) Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't stand her! :D

Hehe :) yeah. I'd have gotten rid of her if she had no use. But she's a powerful mage and a plot item. So I feel I need to not completely make her mad.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Steam Summer Sale. The event where my wallet ends up crying in a darkened corner of the room rubbing wherever the money comes out of and sobbing desolately with "Why...WHY...I'm a part of you!" and gorging out on ice cream to numb the pain.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
    Crackseed wrote: »
    Steam Summer Sale. The event where my wallet ends up crying in a darkened corner of the room rubbing wherever the money comes out of and sobbing desolately with "Why...WHY...I'm a part of you!" and gorging out on ice cream to numb the pain.

I already feel your pain. I think I bled some money this morning.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    Argh....20 games bought today. But for total of less than $100 - not so bad, when one thinks about it.
  • shadowcat85shadowcat85 Posts: 5,219 Member
    I have gone back in time and am replaying Morrowind.

Made myself a kind of sort of arcane archer custom class. Wood Elf.

Having fun. :D
    tumblr_inline_ne699tiMiG1r36c5t.gif

• x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    So, since E3 is around now, I thought I post about it.

http://best-of-bethesda.tumblr.com/post/121560761621/summary-of-fallout-4-conference

This is basically a summary of the Fallout 4 E3 conference and it seems as if customization is gonna play a huge part of that game.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Fallout 4 Gameplay is here:

http://youtu.be/QxSn2BBJQy8

So excited!!!! :grin:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
    Yeah, holy plum did not see the this year release coming at all. Well played Bethesda.

AND we are getting Dishonored 2 as well? Eeeee. Tomorrow is EA's conference and if they drop ME4's reveal...

Hnnnngh. Anime nosebleed time.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited June 2015
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »

Ah you beat me to it lol. It's cool though as a fellow Fallout lover I'm glad you posted this. Ok time for some yelling.

OH MY GOD I AM SO HYPED!!!!! DID YOU SEE THAT DEMO?? DID YOU?? WASN"T JUST AWESOME?!

Everything about it made me smile. The game looks fantastic first off, and I may be in the minority, but I LOVED that the protagonist has a voice. It's new and I appreciate Bethesda trying new things. Can't wait for November and I will be getting the Pipboy Edition. I mean I have to lol.
    Post edited by Arkane on
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member

Ah you beat me to it lol. It's cool though as a fellow Fallout lover I'm glad you posted this. Ok time for some yelling.

OH MY GOD I AM SO HYPED!!!!! DID YOU SEE THAT DEMO?? DID YOU?? WASN"T JUST AWESOME?!

Everything about it made me smile. The game looks fantastic fist off, and I may be in the minority, but I LOVED that the protagonist has a voice. It's new and I appreciate Bethesda trying new things. Can't wait for November and I will be getting the Pipboy Edition. I mean I have to lol.

OMG did you SEE that character creation? It's what the Sims should have been!

And how about building your own flippin' SETTLEMENT!?

I can hardly wait.
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited June 2015
    Sue_D_Nim wrote: »

Everything about it made me smile. The game looks fantastic fist off, and I may be in the minority, but I LOVED that the protagonist has a voice. It's new and I appreciate Bethesda trying new things. Can't wait for November and I will be getting the Pipboy Edition. I mean I have to lol.

OMG did you SEE that character creation? It's what the Sims should have been!

And how about building your own flippin' SETTLEMENT!?

I can hardly wait.

The character creation is very in depth this time around it truly was ridiculous (in a good way)

Now when I saw the settlement part. I lost it. I am seriously losing my mind. Bethesda is doing things of epic proportions here. Oh and I dunno if you saw the video of that Deathclaw grabbing you, but THAT was some scary stuff.
    Post edited by Arkane on
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    So they are definitely firing on all cylinders for Fallout 4 - hot diggity daffodil that was excellent.

My main complaints against Bethesda have primarily always been: terrible animations/character generators and I feel their open worlds are sometimes too...same/empty of details or interesting things.

Fallout 4 pretty much smashes most of these grumps out the window at first blush - we'll see about the open world but even with that caveat I did enjoy F3/NV quite a bit.

Only last thing I'd like to see is how much smoother the shooting engine is - the VATS being back is always welcome as I prefer that to ironsights but I'd at least like the ironsights to function better. Plus the option for ME style dialogue? Wee!

Then we got DOOM preview and that smexy Dishonored 2 reveal with returning characters...and EA goes up to bat today.

If I grab all of you into a cuddle/geek out pile, no one will mind right?!
    y9UdOhq.png
  • CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    edited June 2015
    2 HOURS AND 47 MINUTES UNTIL EA!!!

The ONLY thing I care about for the EA showing is...

(this may be a shocker...)

PFFT Nope, it shouldn't be at all.

STAR WARS Battlefront and, most importantly, Star Wars The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire. I'm so excited I don't know what to do!!!

Mr16cJf.jpg

Edit: Previous photo was waaaaaaaaay too big!
    Yeah them announcing something SWTOR related with that much hype attached is...interesting. Especially those teaser images of whoever those twins are.

EA conference will be good period but for me - it comes down to the next ME reveal. If that goes down today with SOLID info/videos please send emergency medical response to my work place as I will probably be catatonic with glee on the floor.
    y9UdOhq.png
    edited June 2015
    I would gladly join a cuddle geek out puddle :)

But...I don't have access to tv here and the time zone makes life hard. I also no longer am on English speaking servers, so I get to wait until a week from Wednesday to view most videos. The sad life of a traveler. I'm just super excited for new games! I think I want the battlefront game, but we shall see.

Edit: puddle, pile, same diff. Phone and I aren't getting along.
    edited June 2015
    *cuddles @hihi122122*

Where are you at right now with those kinds of restrictions? :O

Edit: Welp, I'm sitting in an IT fishbowl babysitting and the EA conference is about to start - I may gush into this thread and whip you all up into a frenzy, so...be potentially prepared >.>

...and Mass Effect Andromeda announced/teased with a 1 min or so trailer. I...I need like hours to recover at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG8V9dRqSsw

For my SWTOR brothers from other mothers/sisters from other misters - Knights of the Fallen Empire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omvM7n6FLgI
    Post edited by Crackseed on
    y9UdOhq.png
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    @adayinthelife942: They killed it with that demo! It was amazing. They really know how to show off a game. I haven't been this pumped for a new game in a looong time. (Since Skyrim, come to think of it, LOL.) I'm pre-ordering ASAP. I've already warned everyone that I know that I will probably drop off of the face of the planet for a little while come November 10th. :grin:

@Sue_D_Nim: I nearly died when they said you can build your own settlements! How freakin' cool is that? :open_mouth:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    Between Mass Effect and SWTOR....I'm still speechless.

*Clicks repeat on Mass Effect: Andromeda*
    edited June 2015

We still have Battlefront coming up too in the conference.

Also a SUPER interesting tidbit about ME:A - it's set a LONG time after ME:3 so that will be VERY interesting to see how they handle lore bits about the ending choices. Human only PCs and while I'd love to have seen more options, I'm all for it if the quality of the worlds, exploration, characters and story benefit from that.

Edit: Waiting for the Mirror's Edge Catalyst trailer to be available but that will be another fun one :)
    y9UdOhq.png

squeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Watching gameplay for Star Wars Battlefront just take my money TAKE IT
    GIMMEE

*launches into orbit from excitement*