Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    I've been testing the farm on other lots and every time the stairs disappear from the barn. I wanted to know if it has happened to the judges @Issabella14 and @Zita1966 with the houses already submitted? It's the only thing that is disappearing :|
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    I've been testing the farm on other lots and every time the stairs disappear from the barn. I wanted to know if it has happened to the judges @Issabella14 and @Zita1966 with the houses already submitted? It's the only thing that is disappearing :|

It seems like you have the same glitch a lot of us have :'( for me, every time I build a wall or recolor a wall, random items will disappear. It's very very frustrating! For me though, it's usually furniture and clutter items but since you don't have any yet? I guess it's choosing build mode items :D It could be something else of course but I'm not sure what else could be causing that :/
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member

It seems like you have the same glitch a lot of us have :'( for me, every time I build a wall or recolor a wall, random items will disappear. It's very very frustrating! For me though, it's usually furniture and clutter items but since you don't have any yet? I guess it's choosing build mode items :D It could be something else of course but I'm not sure what else could be causing that :/

Really sorry to here about the stair problem, @MandysAMess. I just inquired by @Zita1966z and both our builds were fine when downloaded. It is very odd that this is happening, I really hope it is not another glitch. Try replacing the stairs. Please let me know if replacing the stairs fixes the problem. :)
  • xovaleexovalee Posts: 273 Member
    I think I figured out the glitch where things disappear. If you are building with MOO or have used the cheat to move objects up or down or resized anything, if you add or change wallpaper in the same room as your clutter it will either go into your families inventory if someone lives on the lot or it will disappear if you are building on an empty lot. I tried this out many times and got the same result every time. So if you want to avoid disappearing objects try to get your wallpaper situated before decorating.
    xovalee wrote: »
    I think I figured out the glitch where things disappear. If you are building with MOO or have used the cheat to move objects up or down or resized anything, if you add or change wallpaper in the same room as your clutter it will either go into your families inventory if someone lives on the lot or it will disappear if you are building on an empty lot. I tried this out many times and got the same result every time. So if you want to avoid disappearing objects try to get your wallpaper situated before decorating.

Yes, definitely a good idea to get walls & wallpapers situated before placing anything! Also, for me, not only is it an issue with MOO (because I started having this glitch with my very 1st house before MOO was a thing) but also with items that I've held down Alt to place.

It's a very frustrating glitch! I keep thinking they'll fix it in a patch...& it always seems to be the items I spent the most time placing that go 'poof' lol! Like you said, especially with things I've resized or spent 10 minutes lifting into the air to place on a shelf :D
  • xovaleexovalee Posts: 273 Member
    @MandysAMess I think if it encroaches on another items personal space that is what causes the glitch. I hate that it does this because I'm constantly changing my mind about wallpaper and wall placement. This renovation was a nightmare because I couldn't decide my color scheme. I wish they would fix it lol.
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Thank you guys for the 4th place slot. :) And congratulations to all the winners of Challenge 1!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• wynwyn Posts: 901 Member

Yes, definitely a good idea to get walls & wallpapers situated before placing anything! Also, for me, not only is it an issue with MOO (because I started having this glitch with my very 1st house before MOO was a thing) but also with items that I've held down Alt to place.

It's a very frustrating glitch! I keep thinking they'll fix it in a patch...& it always seems to be the items I spent the most time placing that go 'poof' lol! Like you said, especially with things I've resized or spent 10 minutes lifting into the air to place on a shelf :D

It's funny that now before I upload, my last once over is mostly to look for clutter items that got deleted, lol. In one of my homes the coffee pot and coffee cups that I didn't use MOO or use Alt to place kept getting deleted when I was doing something on a completely different floor. After placing it for the third or fourth time I just left it til the end, lol.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    edited June 2015
    Post edited by bokylie1 on
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    BUDGET:
    Hank was only able to save $35,000, but the bank came through for him, he was able to get a $50,000 loan. (the total cost for this challenge on the uploaded build, lot and renovation may not exceed $85,000.)

I have been looking at some of the builds that have been uploaded and there seems to be some confusion over the budget. According to the brief we have $85,000 for the build INCLUDING the lot price. The lot costs $2,000, so the gallery upload cost can not be more then $83,000, if it is then you are over budget.
    wyn wrote: »

It's funny that now before I upload, my last once over is mostly to look for clutter items that got deleted, lol. In one of my homes the coffee pot and coffee cups that I didn't use MOO or use Alt to place kept getting deleted when I was doing something on a completely different floor. After placing it for the third or fourth time I just left it til the end, lol.

LOL yes! I do the very same thing, "lemme see...what go deleted...hmm..." Never fails, something is always missing :D I'm kinda considering moving a sim onto any lot I want to build on just so the items will go into their inventory instead of to the void...will be much easier that way to place things back at the end.
    kamb1403 wrote: »
    Could I make a suggestion?

To ensure the novice/new builders don't get discouraged by established/expert builders/decorators winning every renovation challenge, can we have 2 categories and a winner from each? This would ensure people with the same building/decorating skill level will be up against each other.

Thanks for considering.

I only just started building 2 weeks ago, and I tied for 5th, so not bad. :smile:

LOL yes! I do the very same thing, "lemme see...what go deleted...hmm..." Never fails, something is always missing :D I'm kinda considering moving a sim onto any lot I want to build on just so the items will go into their inventory instead of to the void...will be much easier that way to place things back at the end.

I've done that a few times! It also makes for easier testing to make sure everything's usable since I sometimes smush things together lol
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2015
    Could I make a suggestion?

To ensure the novice/new builders don't get discouraged by established/expert builders/decorators winning every renovation challenge, can we have 2 categories and a winner from each? This would ensure people with the same building/decorating skill level will be up against each other.

Thanks for considering.

I only just started building 2 weeks ago, and I tied for 5th, so not bad. :smile:

I've been building since TS2 & didn't place :D I had a dream I got 1st though...the sadness!! :'( Just kidding, I'm not really sad...but I really did dream I got 1st :D It was mixed in with nightmares :s
    So... I did another one.... o:)

Under Renovation: Challenge 2
    Forum ID: Wyn
    Link to gallery: Entry #2
    Street name of build: 74 Farmhouse Road
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement, bb.showhiddenobjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $84,975
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure

0eS2LTt.png

LB8auBC.png

L2MUeqQ.png

@Kaile Lol that's so cute! I love that you made sim versions of them :P I made a Patricia and Jamie-Ann but since I kinda hate the name Patricia I changed it to Holly, and then used them to test the house and make sure everything worked :D
    Oh, I meant to ask this and I keep forgetting!

I've been making 1 version for my actual gameplay & 1 version for the challenge (less stuff, less expensive). Is is ok if I upload the more expensive ones to the gallery as well? & if I can, what would you like me to tag them as since they're not really 'made' by me and not really a part of the challenge?
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    edited June 2015

Thank you for your insight. Silly me thinking people will get discouraged if they are up against established builders. My suggestion has been removed.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    My aunt is named patricia and goes by patty so i like it....cant say im fond of jamie-ann though XD

@Kamb1403 I do think your suggestion should be looked at by the creators of this challenge....dont remove it! I agree it may be seen as unfair to some. (I dont care personally) but I do totally understand where your coming from. :)
  • SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    I have a question about the challenge, if I replace the windows can they be different sizes than what's already there?
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member

It was after I had decorated almost everything, using moo/resizing and using alt :( after reading everyone's responses I'll now know what to try :)
    This is me too :D:s
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member

Thank you for your insight. Silly me thinking people will get discouraged if they are up against established builders. My suggestion has been removed.

I think this is a valid point. As for my own contest, I would delineate if and only if I got 20 or more entries. This hasn't happened yet. I think it's silly to go up against three or less people. I've been in a contest of one and the win isn't even remotely rewarding. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg