Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Turn Ons and Turn Offs Need To Come Back

aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
Currently Sims are all the same. Either they're romantics or geeks. Either they're overemotional via happy or overemotional sad.
With The Sims 2 turn on and turn off we had more diverse Sims. They had attractions towards different things. A female Sim may find fat puke worthy. A male Sim may flip out when he sees a fit blonde. Where did this go? In the trash like many features from past games that helped make The Sims even more enjoyable. Now they're all too generic and unoriginal. Tired of each Sim being the same, we need more variations. Bring back older features.

Example of missing past features
-Turn ons and turn offs
-Birth signs
1. The Sims 2
2. The Sims 3
3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
4. The Sims 1

Comments

• Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    If they make more turns ons/off than they did in the Sims 2 than sure.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Witch, blonde, redhead, brunette, black hair, fit, fat, stink, good cook, and charismatic were just some.
    If they could add the family tree and other things, this could be possible too.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I agree. We need an attraction system added to TS4.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I think we need a better personality system overall like in TS3. At least our sims could have favorites.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Yes! I LOVED the turn ons & offs in TS2!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I would loooove turn ons and offs back to the game again :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2015
    In fact, I never obey to the attraction system. My sims love the one I order them to love.

TS2 Chemistry and TS3 Attraction system are irrelevant and annoying.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2015
    Preach
    Favorites was the only thing I was looking forward to.
    See sims be happy when they eat their favorite foods, or sad when they haven't eaten favorite food in a long time/or Angry when it's not well made.
    When Sims Listen to their favorite music genres they become Energized/Inspired/Confident
    when sims watch their favorite channel genre or read their favorite book genre they become Focused
    Sims who are around their favorite Animal become Playful
    When a favorite Season/weather is in play, sims become relaxed, calm, refreshed.
    when the least favorite Season/weather is in play sims become uncomfortable/tense/maybe angry.
    favorite color would play a part in certain animations like magic particles, auras, and other stuff.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    We need a proper attraction system, I loved the Sims 2 turns on and turn off's
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i would not mind this but it would need to have an option to keep it fully off for simmers that would not went to use that feature
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Memina11 wrote: »
    i would not mind this but it would need to have an option to keep it fully off for simmers that would not went to use that feature

Turning off "turn ons and offs" would be like turning off aspirations or traits, this probably won't happen.

I don't know how anyone could have issues with this, your sim may be more atracted to someone yet your the one in controll still. As long as they make the system subtle enough like what it was like in TS2 I don't think people should have any issues at all.

In TS3 the system was annoying as hell. Notifications would pop every two seconds, THAT was annoying, but not if it's well made.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    great idea!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Turning off "turn ons and offs" would be like turning off aspirations or traits, this probably won't happen.

I don't know how anyone could have issues with this, your sim may be more atracted to someone yet your the one in controll still. As long as they make the system subtle enough like what it was like in TS2 I don't think people should have any issues at all.

In TS3 the system was annoying as hell. Notifications would pop every two seconds, THAT was annoying, but not if it's well made.

Well then all i can say is this that it gives me more reason to keep my sims unmarried and single parents raising there family
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Well then all i can say is this that it gives me more reason to keep my sims unmarried and single parents raising there family

I can't understand why.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I would love turn ons and turn offs, along with zodiac signs, to return to the game. Great idea!
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Currently Sims are all the same. Either they're romantics or geeks. Either they're overemotional via happy or overemotional sad.
    With The Sims 2 turn on and turn off we had more diverse Sims. They had attractions towards different things. A female Sim may find fat puke worthy. A male Sim may flip out when he sees a fit blonde. Where did this go? In the trash like many features from past games that helped make The Sims even more enjoyable. Now they're all too generic and unoriginal. Tired of each Sim being the same, we need more variations. Bring back older features.

Example of missing past features
    -Turn ons and turn offs
    -Birth signs

Great idea! I loved the attraction system in Sims 2. I remember making my Sim 'wolf whistle' at another Sim & you would know immediately if that person liked you or not. It was very hard to get a relationship started if a Sim didn't like you. I would love to see this feature in The Sims 4. It's way to easy to build relationships. I think it would be cool to see how turn ons/turn offs would affect a Sims emotions.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    This should definitely be added into the next update. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Montana0624Montana0624 Posts: 46 Member
    An attraction system similar to the one in TS2 would be amazing. I personally like to kind of let my sims lead the way in decisions, and I always have difficulties choosing partners for them because they just get along with everyone.
  • Options
    AxeEclipticaAxeEcliptica Posts: 370 Member
    Need it. N-E-E-D IT!
  • Options
    SimsOMediaSimsOMedia Posts: 175 Member
    Add my lightning bolts and I'm game.
    Find me here:
    Tumblr
    Youtbe

download%201.jpg
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I miss those :)
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    CakeOverlordCakeOverlord Posts: 41 Member
    I completely agree! I would love this feature along with favorites back! Especially if they expand on that system a bit more!
  • Options
    pinkpuppy12pinkpuppy12 Posts: 71 Member
    vCDAag9.png

This is how I feel on the matter.
    tumblr_nd5dlgfEcF1tx5stvo4_500.gif
    <center></center>
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    The Sims 2 attraction system was definitely awesome.
    wB2Zykl.jpg