Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened?

2...Next

Comments

• nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I do not see a difference honestly...
    Rose-colored glasses, Colton?
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Oh I'm not denying that it looks better in-game, and that it can be very pretty. It also very much looks like a game for children, but gameplay-wise there is a level of bro/ho/potty humor in it that is a very jarring contrast.

But that's not what the OP asked; she asked what happened to the care and details that used to go into Sims games. Those details and care do seem to be gone. Either it's "too hard, too expensive" to use today's standards for video games, or they created the game with low details to play on low end computers and mobile platforms. I think it was a bit of both reasons, actually.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Oh I'm not denying that it looks better in-game, and that it can be very pretty. It also very much looks like a game for children, but gameplay-wise there is a level of bro/ho/potty humor in it that is a very jarring contrast.

But that's not what the OP asked; she asked what happened to the care and details that used to go into Sims games. Those details and care do seem to be gone. Either it's "too hard, too expensive" to use today's standards for video games, or they created the game with low details to play on low end computers and mobile platforms. I think it was a bit of both reasons, actually.

*he asked xD
  • brianars129brianars129 Posts: 63 Member
    ok first off i'm pretty sure you looked for the worst possible pictures of the sims 4 to compare to and the best possible of the sims 2, second I have seen you from literally the beginning of sims 4 coming out with non stop complaining on the forums (i recognize your avatar). you must have a lot of pent up anger if you can keep the complaining up for almost a year now.. seriously.. at this point its almost a talent
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited June 2015
    Castaway was always my favourite. Without the story/goal part of it (once you completed it and unlocked all the free play like in S2) it was the perfect base for a series. It would have been a neat twist on the game to take it from that castaway base and build it towards a society (future).
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Castaway was always my favourite. Without the story/goal part of it (once you completed it and unlocked all the free play like in S2) it was the perfect base for a series. It would have been a neat twist on the game to take it from that castaway base and build it towards a society (future).

I would have loved that, I would have also loved a Medieval version of them.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    What happened to the care that used to be put into the world and graphics? Just look at the detail put into the discontinued Sims Castaway and how much detail was out into it.

free-sims-2-castaway-stories-hd-desktop-wallpaper.jpg

black_piratecastaway00.jpg

And then look at Sims 4 the brand new 2015 game.

LS4%252520Trailer%252520Historias%252520%25252884%252529.png

SxAd4NU.png

Why can't they focus on the fine details that were out into past games? Even the unsuccessful ones had more detail put into them.
    You have to remember this was originally suppose to be an online game so because of time constraints they probebly didn't have time to change out the game engine. They had to take it from multi online player to single player mode.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    It's like a grownup's game and then a kid's game...(imo)

Here's the kids game:

TS4%202015-03-07%2017-30-44-14_zps8mnbhg9r.jpg

Where is that location in game?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,582 Member
    I don't know why your Sims 4 game looks like that in the second screenshot. I think you've zoomed out too far. XD I've seen many stunning screenshots of TS4 games.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    What happened to the care that used to be put into the world and graphics? Just look at the detail put into the discontinued Sims Castaway and how much detail was out into it.

free-sims-2-castaway-stories-hd-desktop-wallpaper.jpg

black_piratecastaway00.jpg

And then look at Sims 4 the brand new 2015 game.

LS4%252520Trailer%252520Historias%252520%25252884%252529.png

SxAd4NU.png

Why can't they focus on the fine details that were out into past games? Even the unsuccessful ones had more detail put into them.
    You have to remember this was originally suppose to be an online game so because of time constraints they probebly didn't have time to change out the game engine. They had to take it from multi online player to single player mode.

That means nothing. You don't have time to make it look good, then don't release it.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    That water looks amazing.

I've thought about purchasing this used and maybe the Life Stories. At the time I couldn't figure out if they were expansions or something different so I never bought them. That was way back when they first came out. (I know what they are now.) :p
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member

*he asked xD

Opps, sorry! I usually write s/he to cover most of the bases but got lazy I guess. :D
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    It's like a grownup's game and then a kid's game...(imo)

Here's the kids game:

TS4%202015-03-07%2017-30-44-14_zps8mnbhg9r.jpg

Where is that location in game?

It's in Willow Creek behind the Lewis(I think that is their name...?) lot.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Invisible88Invisible88 Posts: 24 New Member
    My game doesn't look like those screenshots... :# I personally love the way the game looks, especially how diverse I can make my sims look. Yeah, I wish I could manipulate the way the worlds look, but overall I'm happy with the artistic style they went with. The cartoonyness of it is cute. My sims look much better than ever before, and I love the environment too.
  • peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member

ya know i have always wanted a sims game that went along a timeline. meaning you choose your era (even Jurassic era) to start in then there is actual "years" and you play not only with a family but journey with them and their descendants thru time. ending in some time that lasts forever in a "future world" look that you can continue to play.

this would mean really early eras wouldn't have technology and need to have an actual skill to make money and grow their own food. I think this kind of game could make many people happy

Legacy players - well not only is there many generations but there is adaptation to the changing world.
    Single/ one generation players - choose an era to live each era has its own pros and cons
    builders - well ya who wouldn't love to build a house with all those item possibilities.
    Story writers/videos - so MANY possibilities
    challengers - there are so many challenges that could come from this type of game its crazy.
    peoinee wrote: »

ya know i have always wanted a sims game that went along a timeline. meaning you choose your era (even Jurassic era) to start in then there is actual "years" and you play not only with a family but journey with them and their descendants thru time. ending in some time that lasts forever in a "future world" look that you can continue to play.

this would mean really early eras wouldn't have technology and need to have an actual skill to make money and grow their own food. I think this kind of game could make many people happy

Legacy players - well not only is there many generations but there is adaptation to the changing world.
    Single/ one generation players - choose an era to live each era has its own pros and cons
    builders - well ya who wouldn't love to build a house with all those item possibilities.
    Story writers/videos - so MANY possibilities
    challengers - there are so many challenges that could come from this type of game its crazy.

That is exactly that I would like, its something different.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I find it hard to go back to the other series now. I love the graphics in Sims4. It is just beautiful!

Maybe the older I get, the more the kid in me comes out? LOL
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Wow what did happen?
    I've never really cared about graphics when it comes to my games, but that water difference made my jaw drop!

tumblr_m81kzimP291rx5jrio2_500.gif
  • alwslaughinggirlalwslaughinggirl Posts: 244 Member
    I found it to be opposite. I spent hours playing Castaway when it first came out, and the water in my game never looked that good. Then oddly enough, my Sims 4 game looks much better than your screens of that one.
    I've been playing since TS1. My favorite games are TS2 and TS4.
    Origin ID- manda102784 <3
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    the problem about graphics is part taste and part love for the game.

if you like cartoon graphics and too much bright color like living in a let's say powerpuff girls city look then the sims 4 could be fine if the problem also is not the quality and also too much fake backgrounds bilboards which is when "love comes" because "love blind" then no matter something can look ugly to the world or full of flaws for the person in love will be perfect.

with that in mind one of the big trouble in sims is part of the community want a cartoon game and many of then don't care the "quality of that cartoon" graphics as long is flash and cartoon is fine, even the 8 years humor.

while others want a more realistic game with graphics top not and don't like "low quality".

this is the big problem in sims a part want a "childsh game" while others want a "litte more serious game and more realistic graphics.

i would rater prefer sims with a realistic look and graphics of that castway or sims 3 with a 2015+++++ quality, with a more "teen" near mature humor(like 16+ humor) rater than the childshi with we have here, well i could not be troubled too much with the cartoon like if the color not where "too bright" even the sky is too blue like almost everything is sims 4 goes beyound the unncanney valley and sometimes is hard to deal at last for me, i really feel like playing a barbie game with barbies and ken characters(with the plastic hair of ken but for everyone) and with tooo "bright colors" for a life simulator, i really wish a good company could really step in life simulator games and really create a "real one" with realistic graphics, with a awesome graphic and world with characters which can make me hook on then with more "unique behavious" which you can actually see each one is really a unique person and not just "the same character with others cloths, hairs texture bla bla bla.

because since the community in this point is really divided about "what they see as a sim game, while some really want a real life simulator with sandbox others just want a personall dollhouse style game, then to have a strong real life simulator is nearly impossible in the sims series.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    They took my sandbox and dollhouse away from me!

I treat this game as a whole different game (it is nothing like the other Series, IMO). A lot of people said they didn't want a "realistic" game but to me, the other series were......just that <3 Many others don't want the cartoony look. I don't see it as that though, but its ok if people think that way. If it is said to be cartoony, that is fine with me because I love the beauty of it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)