Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some questions about Sims4

Hi everyone, I've been playing Sims2 pretty much everyday since it came out. I love it. I tried Sims3 for a few weeks but couldn't get on with it.
My pc recently died which meant I needed a new one. But my new pc has windows 8, so I ordered the Sims4 and am waiting for it to arrive.
I have a certain way of playing sims, which is where I mostly leave them in a house (I call them experiment houses) on free will, I only interfere if they need to get points for work, to greet people who walk past or if they the need to get married/have a baby comes up in their wants. They have to reach the top of their career before they can get out of the house, and then I move them into a flat and then they have to have babies which I then put back into my experiment house and start it off again. So my questions:
1) Are the sims good at free will? Will they look after themselves?
2) Are there flats?
3) Will they keep a baby alive on free will?
4) Do they all stand there and do nothing if a baby crys?
5) Are there still nannies on the sims?
6) Can you bring sims back to life?
7)Are there still zombies?
8) I've heard a ghost can be a playable character? Is this true?

That's all I've got so far. Thanks for your help! I'm going mad not having any Sims game to play!

Comments

• redfox5redfox5 Posts: 17 New Member
    Thank you!
    I knew about the toddlers, kinda sad they left them out :(
    Interesting to know that the baby is just an object. And you can leave them on their own! :O So when you are out the house, does the baby just move about on it's own or does it just stay in it's cot?
    And what about kids? I guess they are also left on their own?
    There are still teens right?
    So if someone dies, you can't ask the grim reaper to spare them?
    Does the ghost take up one of your playable character spaces?

Sorry now there is more questions! :)
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Just to point, Sims 2 works on windows 8/8.1, it only needs some tweaks.
    Yeah I know, my sister runs it on her pc it but she had to download something to get it going and it has a lot of bugs. If I don't like the sims4, I'm just going to reinstall vista. Not sure if my hard drive with all my sims2 saves on it can be saved yet. I hope so just in case! Also thought it might be nice to try something new. I didn't like the sims3 because they seemed to get all depressed if they had to leave the house and I like my sims staying in lol. Read alot of reviews where people say the sims4 is better suited to people who enjoyed the sims2 more than 3. I hope I like it :)
  • katakata Posts: 25 Member
    When you leave the house, the baby gets sent to daycare and reappears when you return. Kids can be left on their own as well, and yes, teens still exist. You can ask the grim reaper to spare a sim and a ghost does take up a spot of the played sims in the house.

I only ever played sims 2 before sims 4 and I have really enjoyed it.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sul5ul wrote: »
    Hi and welcome. Just in case you didn't know, there's no toddlers in this game.

Yeah they do that pretty well in this game.

2) Are there flats?
    No flats/apartments yet.

Yes, the baby can't die technically but I believe it can be taken away by social services. This time though, the baby is just an object not a real Sim.

My new parent Sims always go to the baby.

No nannies or baby sitters, but you can still leave a baby on their own (you just don't see who's looking after it).

Yes, there's a recipe for that.

No zombies yet.

Yes you can play ghosts after a Sim dies, or make one straight in CAS.

A recepie and a book. If you have a sim with level 10 writing he can write "The Book of Life". Ghosts that read it will become alive once again.

You "can't" make a ghost straight from cas so to speak. You'll need to upload, when creating a sim, a ghost sim from the gallery and go from there.

redfox5 wrote: »
    Thank you!
    Interesting to know that the baby is just an object. And you can leave them on their own! :O So when you are out the house, does the baby just move about on it's own or does it just stay in it's cot?

When there are no sims that you control in the lot where you live the baby goes to the daycare service (he disapears).

I'm not sure about kids but I think they can stay in the house on their own when there is nobody, I might be wrong though...

There are teens but they have the same heigh as Young Adults, Adults and Elders.

You can plead the Grimmy not to take a sim's life yes :)

The ghost takes up a playable character space yes. You can control them too. If you have a high relationship with one you can ask them to move to your household.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    IN my game, the sims do a pretty good job of autonomously taking care of themselves and their babies, unless their needs start to get to low, then sometimes I have to prompt them to eat or bathe. I usually age the babies up pretty quickly, but the few times I've kept them babies for a while, their parents have taken pretty good care of them, though they sometimes needed prompting to feed or change them.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member

Yes, I made a experiment about this and can say they do.

2) Are there flats?

No. Yet

Yes, they seem to care more about the babies. And there's a lot of cute interactions.

No.

No. But there is a daycare which they are sent everytime the sims go to work.

Yes, via the Book of Life (Writer aspiration) or Ambrosia (recipe)

Nothing yet.

Yes, if one sim dies you can ask them to join back the family and play as them again. They have special abilities and behavior depending on the way they died. For example, if one sim died from drowning, they always leave puddles on where they pass, if they died by electrocution, they always break objects on freewill.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
    Thanks everyone.
    So you don't have to have the ghost take up a space, you get a choice?
    And last question I can think of, can you still play your own music through the stereo?
    It's been dispatched! I hope it's here tomorrow :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Thanks everyone.
    So you don't have to have the ghost take up a space, you get a choice?
    And last question I can think of, can you still play your own music through the stereo?
    It's been dispatched! I hope it's here tomorrow :)
    Yes, you get a choice with the ghosts. If you don't invite them to move in they'll still haunt the house occasionally, but wont take up playable character spot.
    Yes, but the music has to be in MP3 format.
    I hope your game arrives quick! :smile:

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    1) Are the sims good at free will? Will they look after themselves? Yes. So well, you can't even kill them from starvation even if you put free will off.
    2) Are there flats? Nope.
    3) Will they keep a baby alive on free will? Never played with a bay sim but most probably yeah.
    4) Do they all stand there and do nothing if a baby crys? I don't think so.
    5) Are there still nannies on the sims? Nope. But babies can get send off to daycare.
    6) Can you bring sims back to life? Yes. But it's really difficult. The other sims in the household has to cook something called ambrosia.
    7)Are there still zombies? No. Not yet.
    8) I've heard a ghost can be a playable character? Is this true? Yes.

And yeah, you don't have to invite the ghost to your household. You can also release them to the Spirit World or whatever it's called. And you can play custom music too although I don't, so I can't say if there is a problem with it, cuz I think there's some glitch that doesn't allow you to do that.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    Enjoy TS4 :) and if you don't, you can play TS2 on windows 8 if you have it on compatibility mode.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Hi everyone, I've been playing Sims2 pretty much everyday since it came out. I love it. I tried Sims3 for a few weeks but couldn't get on with it.
    My pc recently died which meant I needed a new one. But my new pc has windows 8, so I ordered the Sims4 and am waiting for it to arrive.
    I have a certain way of playing sims, which is where I mostly leave them in a house (I call them experiment houses) on free will, I only interfere if they need to get points for work, to greet people who walk past or if they the need to get married/have a baby comes up in their wants. They have to reach the top of their career before they can get out of the house, and then I move them into a flat and then they have to have babies which I then put back into my experiment house and start it off again. So my questions:
    2) Are there flats?

That's all I've got so far. Thanks for your help! I'm going mad not having any Sims game to play!

1) yes they are
    2) no but you can build some pretend ones
    3) probably
    4) I don't think so
    5) no but Babies can be home alone and stay alive
    6) yes you can
    7) not yet
    8) yes it is
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
    Thanks everyone. I've been playing it for a few days now and I'm not feeling it. It really doesn't suit my style of game play. The sims are really slow and dumb. Seems to take them forever to make some food. They keep putting it back on the side and looking at it before finally starting to chop it up. It seems to take ages to get a promotion, even if I make sure all the daily tasks are done. It's a shame because I love create a sim and how they can all have different traits. I guess it's back to sims2 for me.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes since a patch, it has been much better.

2) Are there flats?
    Not yet.

Yes better since it got patched.

4) Do they all stand there and do nothing if a baby cries?
    Not anymore, patch fixed it. Only advice is don't go to space when no one else is home because baby could be taken away then.

Yeah sadly no nannies.

Yes. Guide can be found here: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/death/

Not yet. But Sims feel like it sometimes. XD

Yes and the death guide should help with that. Ghosts came with a patch. Ghost babies are not possible sadly.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Thank you!

It gets sent to daycare, so it like disappears from the bassinet until Sims return from work.
    Kids are left on their own devices and have no curfew and yes teens are same height as adults. They can mess around in bed now.
    You can ask Grim reaper to spare them but the chance of them sparing the life is pretty low. I heard the voodoo doll can help with this sometimes.
    Yes ghost do take playable character space but the game is pretty brutal at having priority of culling them first.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Yes. Still need to micro manage.
    2) Are there flats?
    No.
    Probably not.
    Yes.
    No nannies.
    Yes.
    No.
    Yes.

Aussie_Simmer
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Thanks everyone. I've been playing it for a few days now and I'm not feeling it. It really doesn't suit my style of game play. The sims are really slow and dumb. Seems to take them forever to make some food. They keep putting it back on the side and looking at it before finally starting to chop it up. It seems to take ages to get a promotion, even if I make sure all the daily tasks are done. It's a shame because I love create a sim and how they can all have different traits. I guess it's back to sims2 for me.
    Sorry it didn't suit your style :/ I hate sims being slow too! Thought maybe it was partly my computer. I actually like the careers being challenging, but they could make them a little bit easier and there would still be plenty of challenge. Lets hope for some patches then.
    Do we need to download the patches from this site or does the game update itself?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Do we need to download the patches from this site or does the game update itself?

The game updates automatically through Origin. You do have the option to set Origin to not update automatically (which is useful if you use mods and need to pull them out for update time); if you do this, you can right-click on Sims 4 in Origin to check for updates.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    My Sims keep coming back from work nude :) Funny glitch. I'm starting to get into it more now. Just had to adjust my playing style.