Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC VS NO CC

12346...Next

Comments

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I have 8,000 pieces and 3GB of cc for TS2. What do you think? ;)

I'm ashamed to admit this, but my TS2 is 21GB. OMG!!!
    o.0 How did it handle it?!

Ok...well this was before the UC. I could literally go make dinner, eat it, give my kid a bath, read a story and tuck them it, go sit down and still have about 10 more minutes to wait for the game to load. LOL. And that's what I would do every night. LOL. Once in the game it was fine, loading was no big deal, even traveling.

With the UC and my awesome computer, it takes about 8 minutes to load the same amount of files.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I have 8,000 pieces and 3GB of cc for TS2. What do you think? ;)

I'm ashamed to admit this, but my TS2 is 21GB. OMG!!!
    o.0 How did it handle it?!

Ok...well this was before the UC. I could literally go make dinner, eat it, give my kid a bath, read a story and tuck them it, go sit down and still have about 10 more minutes to wait for the game to load. LOL. And that's what I would do every night. LOL. Once in the game it was fine, loading was no big deal, even traveling.

With the UC and my awesome computer, it takes about 8 minutes to load the same amount of files.
    You. Are. My. Hero. My game starts to slow down after adding 3 GB of CC! Such a shame. :(
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I played the game for the first few months with no CC and mods. Now I have ton of them.
    TS4 is the best game in handling CC and mods. Never had any problem unlike TS2 and TS3 where a game would get corrupted so easily

The only thing I wish TS4 had is the delete option right from the game to delete the unwanted CCs directly like TS2
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    I use cc because I can't afford most of the clothes I want in real life. RIP
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• HaitakaHaitaka Posts: 289 Member
    CC, because I'm not a fan of TS4's original design/style
    tumblr_inline_nwa6au39531rd9om8_500.gif

Alone in the darkness, it's so cold and crazy
    And everybody’s heartless,
    got no one to save me
    But f it imma be all right, wake up and rise
  • TacoTaco Posts: 34 Member
    CC is pretty much a fundamental part of my gaming when playing the sims. Cant imagine going without it.
  • ForeversimmerxForeversimmerx Posts: 167 Member
    CC, but i go for more maxis match stuff to fit the game and not make it look all fabricated.
    195dnd.png

Origin ID: Foreversimmerx
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I'm debating whether I should get away from custom content... I mainly use maxis match hair and clothes and don't like to have anything that looks different (minus the hair I've gotten things that aren't maxis match). If I stick with it I'm definitely going to keep the maxis match content. Although I will admit ts4 is the first game where they have excellent variety in clothing (hair styles still need help lol)
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • gabythesimslovergabythesimslover Posts: 146 Member
    I played The Sims without any CC
    With TS2 and TS3 I heavily relied on CC. I think I had some 20-30GB worth of CC with TS2, only 5GB with TS3
    With TS4 I have a lot of CC, but I don't always use it. Some of my save files are CC heavy, others are CC free (or use only maxis match stuff)
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I used to use a lot of custom content in TS2 and TS3. It's the polar opposite for TS4, I just think it's easier to share and download lots and sims from the gallery if there's no custom content involved as some sims look good with custom content but not as good without it. I also didn't really like the art style of the previous games and used most custom content to change that but TS4 is right up my alley so I see no need for that.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited April 2017
    Moldy old thread rising from the dead when there is a perfectly fresh CCvsNoCC thread around here somewhere.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    The only issue I have with mods and CC in general is that not everyone bears the personal responsibility for it's use.
    As long as people are savvy enough to use it, I don't see a problem at all.

The problem surfaces when people aren't savvy and responsible in it's use and demand the resources of the tech staff and community
    before turning to their CC as the probable cause when issues arise in the game.

The net result is wasted man hours investigating problems that wouldn't exist in a standardized game.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    maxismatch cc for me especially for berry/candy sims.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Holy thread-necro, Batman!

Pure vanilla for me, all the way. The only time I ever used CC/mods was in Sims 1 when it was necessary to get anywhere in the game and not be on the verge of death the entire time.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    CC but only after the game is complete. I'd rather not go through an ordeal whenever there's a new patch. So yeah, CC because of the endless content to choose from (for free!), but I'll play vanilla until TS4 ends. I did the same with TS3.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Moldy old thread rising from the dead when there is a perfectly fresh CCvsNoCC thread around here somewhere.

Ikr? I was like 'When did I ever make this thread?'
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited April 2017
    I have over 7,000 pieces of CC currently. Everything is super organized and scripts have their own folder. The few problems I have had were easily found and fixed. Most Maxis stuff is too plain for my liking, and definitely not in my style, so CC is a necessity.

Plus, I love cooking and gardening. I have a slew of CC plants like pumpkin, sweet potatoes, green chilies, olives, yellow summer squash, vanilla bean, cocoa trees, peaches, raspberries, blueberries, etc. And tons of custom food recipes that use those ingredients.

Then there are script mods like MCCC and several others I can't live without. I walked away from TS4 for a long time and went back to 3. If it wasn't for CC and mods, I still wouldn't play 4.

...and I just realized how old this thread is lol.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Sparkly_kittySparkly_kitty Posts: 3 New Member
    I have never used cc I am to scared to incase it messes up my game I use some game packs though in my opinion the best ones are vampires and cats and dogs.
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    all of these people are saying they have to take out their mods before loading a game from a patch, do you realize that EA has a feature where it disables mods and cc when you load your game after an update for the first time? You don't have to take it out manually.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @annabethc I think a lot of us say "taking out mods" when we really mean "disabling them"...I know I word it as taking them out often, and all I do is disable after a patch. Just old habit in terms of terminology, from prior sims games where you did have to manually move them. (this thread is older than dirt, btw.. lol)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    @Stormkeep put EA automatically disables them when you load your game for the first time after an update. You don't have to disable them by yourself or do anything manually.
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    TS2: Pretty filled up, I think I have about 1500 pieces of cc, and a sizeable amount of mods.
    TS3: Minimally filled up due to the game being very laggy even on systems more than capable of running it.
    TS4: Filled up to the bone, I once had 3,600 pieces of CC at one time!! Atm I have about 1500 pieces of cc.
    Oh hamburgers!