Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny House Challenge

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I tried to maximize counter space in 2 of the houses by placing a counter and then adding that pancake griddle on top of it. But they couldn't route to it. So I had to pull the counter out and since I hate the way that griddle thing doesn't fit into the counters, I changed it to a regular stove. Otherwise, everything else works. --Err...not the bookshelf, but I have a mod that makes stacks of books into bookshelves, so I don't worry about that too much. It's just for decoration.

I've noticed so far that the bookshelf trick only works with certain beds. That's why I use the ones from OR a lot for this challenge.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    I think I'll add all the tiny houses to the new world
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    If ya'll add your (or anyone's) tiny houses to Newcrest (NC), please post picks here of the neighborhoods.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Olivesims2 wrote: »
    I think I'll add all the tiny houses to the new world

The new world has little lots! I'm so happy!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • OleummarkOleummark Posts: 30 Member
    Ah! I am loving all these tiny houses! *pets screen* Great work everyone!
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    @Piperbird1 - I had to take the flower boxes off the windows in front, it was keeping my sim from getting in the house.
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    My very first tiny home :) I tried to make one for a couple and I think it worked out pretty well. I play tested this and everything seems to be working fine. It's called "Tiny Home 1". Would love to know what you think!

12.06.15_09-13_zpst7cdmeig.png
    12.06.15_09-13-2_zpsoidvhlpa.png
    12.06.15_09-15_zpsj74fllpq.png
    12.06.15_09-14_zpss89qsa29.png
    edited June 2015
    @Piperbird1 - I had to take the flower boxes off the windows in front, it was keeping my sim from getting in the house.

Nuts. I was afraid that might be the case. Thank you for letting me know, I will not put them by the door like that again. I MOOd the window in the bathroom between the shower and toilet, has it caused any issues?

*edit because I apparently ADD'd that last sentence and just plain did not finish it!
    Post edited by Piperbird on
  • jafhsdfjafhsdf Posts: 142 Member
    I'm not sure if this counts (since more than the bathroom is walled off).

ipxAKaq.png
    5v7yuKk.png
  • BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    This is awesome! Super creative builds everyone :D

I use to do Micro Mini builds in Sims 3 . I will have to try this soon.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I decided to try something a little different. How about life on the water? It's a tiny home you can take anywhere. Right? :D

It meets all my sims needs and is available on the Gallery. Again, I've given it an uncreative name: Tiny Houseboat.

tinyHome_1.jpg

<3
    <3<3

Your build is so going in my game. :)

.... and now I want to try, might have to borrow the boat idea (maybe).
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I tried to maximize counter space in 2 of the houses by placing a counter and then adding that pancake griddle on top of it. But they couldn't route to it. So I had to pull the counter out and since I hate the way that griddle thing doesn't fit into the counters, I changed it to a regular stove. Otherwise, everything else works. --Err...not the bookshelf, but I have a mod that makes stacks of books into bookshelves, so I don't worry about that too much. It's just for decoration.

I've noticed so far that the bookshelf trick only works with certain beds. That's why I use the ones from OR a lot for this challenge.

I've used it above chairs and desks before. Never tried it behind a bed...because I worry that my pixel people might bump their heads or knees. LOL.

In previous games, we used to be able to combine objects to make new objects and they would still be usable. I'm sad to see that isn't possible anymore. I always used to combine the stove and counter to make a cooktop. I'm going to have to figure it out or mod it in.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I've used it above chairs and desks before. Never tried it behind a bed...because I worry that my pixel people might bump their heads or knees. LOL.

In previous games, we used to be able to combine objects to make new objects and they would still be usable. I'm sad to see that isn't possible anymore. I always used to combine the stove and counter to make a cooktop. I'm going to have to figure it out or mod it in.

I miss those range cookers. I can't remember if it came with S2 or if it was a CC/Mod that I had.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Okay I got one tiny house finished and another 1/3 to 1/2 done before game glitches made me cranky.

Oak Alcove - Tiny House (I forgot to tag it nocc & no moo)
    This is an all base game lot since, I don't have any of the dlc/ep/sp/gp's.
    dc9bb8addbb4e560be27e6773a6a5ab5.jpg
    e81f5dfcaa4f47ec48785fe5ee0d18d1.jpg
    e3ba13e8f59ea640bc7352e995d2693d.jpg
    b01e555beabd1509e48d623a8cfb80f7.jpg
    9382bc39de5f6abd3e51c595a443e9f1.jpg

Borrowing on kremesch's idea for a house boat here is the one I started.
    36183b318a353418e609a87a64fb6e66.jpg
    I might finish it tomorrow, but not today. Every time I tried to change the roof pattern the roof vanishes unless I'm clicking on it to move it. :s

Time to repair, clear caches, & cross fingers. Although the issue might be the lot itself. >:| To fill in two of the deck panels leading to the sidewalk I had to put down a small 2x1 room.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    jafhsdf wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this counts (since more than the bathroom is walled off).

ipxAKaq.png
    5v7yuKk.png

I dig it. And for some reason it really made me laugh that the only access to the bathroom is through the bedroom. Guests have to pee? Too bad! Very nice build! ^_^
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I can't wait to build on the tiny lots in Newcrest.
  • Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    edited June 2015
    @Mstybl95 that lot of 3 houses is adorable, is it on the gallery by any chance?

Also @kremesch73 that houseboat made my day <3

I just might have to give this challenge a shot!
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Letty91 wrote: »
    @Mstybl95 that lot of 3 houses is adorable, is it on the gallery by any chance?

Also @kremesch73 that houseboat made my day <3

I just might have to give this challenge a shot!

I haven't shared it, yet. I am planning on making it a little housing development so I'm adding more tiny lots (24 tiles) behind them.
  • niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
    Cant wait to do this challenge!
  • tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    First, I want to say what an awesome idea.

Here is my first attempt. I didn't put too much outside. I'm waiting for the new stuff next week.
    06-12-15_4-46nbspPM.png

and here is the very first resident of Newcrest....Enzo Baez

06-12-15_4-43nbspPM.png
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    I suppose it's not as tiny as it could be but it's all one room and micro-sized except for the bathroom. :smile: I'll put it on the gallery if anyone wants it.
    18561955378_a58b718e45_z.jpg
    18127095104_92fdd239d4_z.jpg
    18562002980_64743b2627_z.jpg
    18129064953_20727bed21_z.jpg
    18723444546_a7e31675a9_z.jpg
    18561943228_00f43191fe_z.jpg
  • Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    I suppose it's not as tiny as it could be but it's all one room and micro-sized except for the bathroom. :smile: I'll put it on the gallery if anyone wants it.

can you share it pretty please, I would love to move it into town :smiley:
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • silverlilymisilverlilymi Posts: 44 Member
    I don't think I've ever posted here - though I read almost every day, but I LOVE this thread. Absolutely LOVE. You guys have given me such inspiration to build!!