Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Sale

Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
Just thought some of you might like to know that TS4, GTW, and ODR are on sale right meow :smiley:

https://origin.com/en-ca/store/shop/the-sims?intcmp=Tscom_TS4-E3LTPSale_Homepage_Hero

I may actually end up buying GTW, unfortunately no sale on the SP though, I'm guessing because it is pretty new. Any comment on the prices, are they low enough for you to purchase them if you haven't already?

TS4 digital deluxe: $34.99
GTW: $29.99
ODR: $14.99

happy simming!
Dear EA/Maxis,
I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
A concerned simmer

Comments

• OleummarkOleummark Posts: 30 Member
    I have been holding off on buying the game for a variety of reasons (none of them having to do with the game itself) but I think I will pick it up with GTW as it seems like an okay deal for me. Both games for less than the base game is normally. Plus I just really want to play it!
  • mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    You know what that means?
    Moneydownthedrain.png

I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    honestly I hate camping IRL but I have seen some pretty sweet homes on the gallery with content that is from ODR so I might just have to get it ... I will have to look further into what build/buy items are included with each.

Right now I only have the base game and LPS :smile:
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I may never buy any of the packs, unless it looks like something that will truly change my mind about this game. And, I'm going to resist until they are down to the $5 level and there are more in a bundle. I want the new shiny, but I don't want to encourage EAMaxis in their current path to riches and ignoring the communities needs or their decision not to share their intentions for this game with all of us here on the boards.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • BellaGothIsQueenBellaGothIsQueen Posts: 531 Member
    Ehhh I've been holding off on OR until it really goes down in price, but I think £11 is still to steep for me. :disappointed:
  • kelsomaniakelsomania Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2015
    I was planning on buying GTW and ODR this week anyway. I just saw this post and bought them.
    while some people don't want to reward maxis for their "poor behaviour"... others just want to watch the world burn.

jokermoney.jpg
    Dear EA/Maxis,

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm waiting for sales on whatever else comes out now!
    honestly I just wish that you could buy a stuff pack version of each. I really like some of the decor items from ODR but it's not very likely that I will visit the new location. Decisions decisions ... :/
    Dear EA/Maxis,

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    I really want OR and was really hoping for a 50% off sale :C Should I get it at $15 or wait even longer till it's $10?
  • mushplomplommushplomplom Posts: 760 Member
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    I really want OR and was really hoping for a 50% off sale :C Should I get it at $15 or wait even longer till it's $10?

Its probably not going to go any lower until next year. Your choice really :)
    I bought a GTX 1070 to play Sims 4.

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Letty91 wrote: »
    honestly I just wish that you could buy a stuff pack version of each. I really like some of the decor items from ODR but it's not very likely that I will visit the new location. Decisions decisions ... :/

Granite Falls is very beautiful! My sims don't go camping every weekend, but it's still a very nice place to go! The stuff from it is good, but so is the place. Well worth it.

• jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Just thought some of you might like to know that TS4, GTW, and ODR are on sale right meow :smiley:

https://origin.com/en-ca/store/shop/the-sims?intcmp=Tscom_TS4-E3LTPSale_Homepage_Hero

I may actually end up buying GTW, unfortunately no sale on the SP though, I'm guessing because it is pretty new. Any comment on the prices, are they low enough for you to purchase them if you haven't already?

TS4 digital deluxe: $34.99
    GTW: $29.99
    ODR: $14.99

happy simming!
    The regular sims 4 without the deluxe is 29.99
  • Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    This is such a lousy sale. Probably the worst I've saw in my time spent using Origin. Sure, the Sims games are on sale, but there is not any deals! Don't tell me it's a "Up To 70% Off Sale" then turn around and only put the less important games up with the big discount. Bad way to do business EA. If you really want to wrangle someone in, put some big discounts on your more popular games, for say, the top selling PC game of 2014. Yeah that'd be a great strategy right there. I want BARGAINS not this measly $5 off discounts. Does nothing for my wallet. Oh, and don't even get me started on how Luxury Party isn't on sale.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Thanks for posting this, I wish I could gift some of these packs. I would love to do that. I used to wait for sales and gift packs out to other simmers. I will see what I can do.
  • RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    Whovian97 wrote: »
    This is such a lousy sale. Probably the worst I've saw in my time spent using Origin. Sure, the Sims games are on sale, but there is not any deals! Don't tell me it's a "Up To 70% Off Sale" then turn around and only put the less important games up with the big discount. Bad way to do business EA. If you really want to wrangle someone in, put some big discounts on your more popular games, for say, the top selling PC game of 2014. Yeah that'd be a great strategy right there. I want BARGAINS not this measly $5 off discounts. Does nothing for my wallet. Oh, and don't even get me started on how Luxury Party isn't on sale.

First off, Luxury Party was just released, it would be even more of a plum move if they put it on sale so soon. And both the main games are are $50 off, that's $35 for Deluxe and $30 for regular. I honestly can't think of any company that has a sale for something whiten a month that it's released and that gives anything more than a 50% off discount to any of their larger games while it's still relatively new.
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited June 2015
    First off, Luxury Party was just released, it would be even more of a plum move if they put it on sale so soon. And both the main games are are $50 off, that's $35 for Deluxe and $30 for regular. I honestly can't think of any company that has a sale for something whiten a month that it's released and that gives anything more than a 50% off discount to any of their larger games while it's still relatively new.
    GTW was on sale the very day it came out.
    Best Buy, as well as a few other places, put it out for $29.99 the first day/week.
    But maybe because it was a retailer, only 25% off, and not Origin, it doesn't count? :/

• Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    Whovian97 wrote: »

Best Buy, as well as a few other places, put it out for $29.99 the first day/week.
    But maybe because it was a retailer, only 25% off, and not Origin, it doesn't count? :/

No matter what, none of this adds up. EA is screwing with us and I'm not having it. LGR made a very valid point in his review of Newcrest. It's so boring that you literally can't do anything with it.
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Of course it doesn't count. Best Buy discounted the game through their own margin to attract business. EA gets the same amount of money from Best Buy regardless of whether it's on sale or not.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    edited June 2015
    I was in this situation too once, so I will tell you what I did to help me make my decision. First I planned on what I wanted and needed that month (needed being paying bills and stuff) so once I planned out how much that month would cost me meaning the bills, I went on to deciding what I wanted (now remember make sure you have a good chunk of cash left for the month) I went on to deciding what I wanted the most wether it be a sims game, a new phone or a new console game. After many hard decisions I finally came to a conclusion and got what I wanted and also had some extra money to get some smaller things. So I guess the moral of the story is that make sure you can afford it and if you can they go for it.

Hope it helped sorry if it was confusing at all. :)

large.jpg
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Of course it doesn't count. Best Buy discounted the game through their own margin to attract business. EA gets the same amount of money from Best Buy regardless of whether it's on sale or not.
    Thought so, but I prefer to buy the games from BB, whenever possible.
    The reward points they give, add up. I use them to make even further "discounts" later.
    (plus free shipping)
    I preferred the $20 I paid for GTW, than the $40 Origin would have charged (at that time, & not counting taxes)). :*

edited June 2015
    Luke2153 wrote: »
    I was in this situation too once, so I will tell you what I did to help me make my decision. First I planned on what I wanted and needed that month (needed being paying bills and stuff) so once I planned out how much that month would cost me, I went on to deciding what I wanted (now remember make sure you have a good chunk of cash left for the month) then I went on to deciding what I wanted the most wether it be a sims game, a new phone or a new console game. After much hard decisions I finally came to a conclusion. So I guess the moral of the story is that make sure you can afford it and if you can they go for it.

I appreciate the advice but believe me my money is 100% budgeted every pay day (I'm a bit of a stickler in that sense - ask my bf ahaha) and the problem isn't that I'm not sure if I will be able to afford it but more so that I'm not sure the items that I know I want from the pack may or may not be worth the new reduced price. (hopefully that makes sense? it does in my head lol).

also as much as I love playing the sims, I just don't have as much time to put into it as I used to (also, I just don't get addicted to TS4 like i did previous generations - but we won't get into that here).

those plum adult responsibilities seem to always interrupt my simming (boo!)

edited for terrible typing skills
    Dear EA/Maxis,

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Thought so, but I prefer to buy the games from BB, whenever possible.
    The reward points they give, add up. I use them to make even further "discounts" later.
    (plus free shipping)
    I preferred the $20 I paid for GTW, than the $40 Origin would have charged (at that time, & not counting taxes)). :*

the only thing that is plum in that case is the fact that the stuff packs will be DLC only, otherwise I would do the same as you
    :smile:
    Dear EA/Maxis,

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Luke2153Luke2153 Posts: 538 Member
    I was in this situation too once, so I will tell you what I did to help me make my decision. First I planned on what I wanted and needed that month (needed being paying bills and stuff) so once I planned out how much that month would cost me, I went on to deciding what I wanted (now remember make sure you have a good chunk of cash left for the month) then I went on to deciding what I wanted the most wether it be a sims game, a new phone or a new console game. After much hard decisions I finally came to a conclusion. So I guess the moral of the story is that make sure you can afford it and if you can they go for it.

I appreciate the advice but believe me my money is 100% budgeted every pay day (I'm a bit of a stickler in that sense - ask my bf ahaha) and the problem isn't that I'm not sure if I will be able to afford it but more so that I'm not sure the items that I know I want from the pack may or may not be worth the new reduced price. (hopefully that makes sense? it does in my head lol).

also as much as I love playing the sims, I just don't have as much time to put into it as I used to (also, I just don't get addicted to TS4 like i did previous generations - but we won't get into that here).

Don't worry I completely understand, everybody is different on how the budget their money, but if your still skeptical maybe watch some reviews and decide then or just wait until the price is reduced and then make your decision then.

large.jpg

Don't worry I completely understand, everybody is different on how the budget their money, but if your still skeptical maybe watch some reviews and decide then or just wait until the price is reduced and then make your decision then.

actually I think watching a video of people playing with it might be a very good idea, thanks!
    Dear EA/Maxis,

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer