Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is what happens when your Sim is caught cheating (pics)

Comments

• Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    edited May 2015
    My Sims was flirting with the ghost of her first husband and it made her current husband jealous. He got a moodlet, I think it said flirty spouse or something, he got angry and it said from jealousy. I've never seen it before.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Jaysim88 wrote: »
    My Sims was flirting with the ghost of her first husband and it made her current husband jealous. He got a moodlet, I think it said flirty spouse or something, he got angry and it said from jealousy. I've never seen it before.

Reminds me of TS2 when if a Sim had died and their husband or wife had a new partner, the ghost of the dead Sim will be angry.

Not sure if it was like that in TS3 as I always move ghosts to the graveyard straight away lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • bilalsaidbilalsaid Posts: 86 Member
    great story here! B)

My sim got married to the richest sim in town but they never had kids!Her friend was more beautiful than her and was married and had two kids!i had my sim mess around there lol and they had an affair lol!sims 4 is real fun nice to do things you would never do in real life :p

Great story ;)
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Thanks for sharing this. I'm thinking about getting cheating into one of my storylines, but all the horror stories I heard about sims not reacting, made me kinda scared about not getting a reaction. So again... Thank you for showing that it's actually possible :smile:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm doing a test story myself right now and often the sims don't react simply because you have them focused on other tasks. If you let them play autonomously while the cheating or death happens you almost always get a reaction.. I'm doing death stuff now, and watching how the sadness goes, but I've done a few jealousy tests too :). Also if they are doing stuff they multitask at they often do pay attention. Traits can play in big time, for instance evil sims can get happy over negative emotions. Their moods also stack so that plays in too.
    The best thing to do is not believe horror stories but try it for yourself.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Have a family that most likely will go for divorce, that Dad has a few too many sweethearts when I get back to them. Will be interesting to see it myself.
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Jaysim88 wrote: »

That is actually fitting, because there are a lot of rl cases where widows's/widowers's spouses do admit to feelings of jealousy whenever their partner brings up stories about their former spouse. With the Sims you just get a more tangible visual for it when that does come up, and it definitely can create some good stories.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm doing a test story myself right now and often the sims don't react simply because you have them focused on other tasks. If you let them play autonomously while the cheating or death happens you almost always get a reaction.. I'm doing death stuff now, and watching how the sadness goes, but I've done a few jealousy tests too :). Also if they are doing stuff they multitask at they often do pay attention. Traits can play in big time, for instance evil sims can get happy over negative emotions. Their moods also stack so that plays in too.

But thats what I want. To see my sims react whether they are busy or not. I don't want them so wrapped up in tasks that they are oblivious to what is going on around them.

But thats what I want. To see my sims react whether they are busy or not. I don't want them so wrapped up in tasks that they are oblivious to what is going on around them.

Yes, It would be nice if they stopped what they are doing for all major events, and reacted.
    Recently one of my sims drowned in the pool (total accident, hardy-har-har >:) ) The household ran out plates in hand and stood there sad and shaking their heads. I don't know all of the multitasking stuff that they "see" events through.. but many do work.
    For jealousy they have to be in the same room and no it doesn't always happen. Personally, I've pretty much always seen a reaction though and most of my sims are sad for at least 12 hours. It seems pretty appropriate to me. I know many want anger as a reaction.. and that can come with some personality types as I have see that too, but it doesn't happen with most. I personally think it's better and the game makers are on the right track but they are still little programs... :)

egTcBMc.png

Except that, too, is a reflection on real life. A lot of affairs happen for so long because the spouse is so busy and wrapped up in their own thing they are completely oblivious. And a lot of those affairs do occur because of the same thing. The cheater falls into the trap of the affair because they feel ignored, unwanted, and left out.
    If you really want a solid experiment, then leaving out occasions where the sim's spouse is occupied, oblivious, or not even present can do an injustice to the overall results.
    edited June 2015

Except that, too, is a reflection on real life. A lot of affairs happen for so long because the spouse is so busy and wrapped up in their own thing they are completely oblivious. And a lot of those affairs do occur because of the same thing. The cheater falls into the trap of the affair because they feel ignored, unwanted, and left out.
    If you really want a solid experiment, then leaving out occasions where the sim's spouse is occupied, oblivious, or not even present can do an injustice to the overall results.

Wow, you got real deep there... I kind of like that theory, at least symbolically.

edit to say I an NOT mocking.. I really like that.
    egTcBMc.png

Wow, you got real deep there... I kind of like that theory, at least symbolically.

edit to say I an NOT mocking.. I really like that.

For all the nonsense that occurs in the game, it is amazing how much it is a reflection of our own lives, even accidentally.

• SilverChanSilverChan Posts: 23 Member
    Man... I really need to try out Sims 4 one of these days. I just had a nasty breakup in Sims 3 because the guy-Sim was still in love with a high school sweetheart when they got married, but I imagine it would have been even more nasty in Sims 4. His wife was pregnant and everything, I guess he confessed he was cheating to her (I left the room with the game running for a minute or two, but the other Sim definitely wasn't around at the time).

They still live together because a. I want them to have more kids, b. I'm still hoping to get them back together and married again, and c. she's gorgeous I'm not going to let her get away. I have hopes I'll do this because the first thing I did after he confessed was *finally* getting the other Sim to come around so he could break up with her (even if they never even kissed, but anyway). Here's hoping I can, I guess.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    wow, awesome story, Love how the dynamics shifts with emotions, and they do react in this game totally!
  • GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I think they have been improving this in past few months, I notice more of reactions, even when they are not in the same room..
  • ChaosMasterRoseChaosMasterRose Posts: 53 Member
    When my Arvis and Destiny Sims cheated on their husbands, Arvis's husband, Sigurd, slapped his face right in front of Seliph and Destiny, they immediately shrieked in horror at what Sigurd did!
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    This might well be an old thread, but that OP was a great read
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited December 2015
    I almost cried. Nice story, op. When I first played sims 4 i was just too much obsessed with sims in game and I didn't like that story.. feeling sympathy with game character!!! (crazy) But I couldn't help it. It is not my fault, but ea's fault.
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    One of my sims was in the bathroom showering while his spouse cheated on him in the bedroom (which is far, far away from the bathroom) so there was no way he could see her cheating on him but according to the game he did. So far my best guess is that he secretly installed security cameras in the bedroom :wink:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,286 Member
    My Legacy Challenge save file is fast filling up with ghosts! I've experienced three deaths at the precinct. The first two occurred in the Squad Room, and was noticed by several officers, including the chief. The third one, the elder Assistant went upstairs, presumably, to grab a bite to eat, and perished, instead. All the while my active Sim, Senior Detective was busy interrogating a suspect. Nobody seemed to notice the death happening in their break room. :'( So sad. Never did get any ghostly appearances. So, my Sim sent all three off to the Netherland, since too many officers spent too much of their shift grieving instead of making Willow Creek a safer place.

It's just too bad Mayra Hoskins died all alone.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    best story ever
    2vc864m.jpg

• s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited April 2016
    I think sims in sims4 ractions are different case by case. I saw some complaints about how they always smile to poor violin or piano plays unlike on previous series they go yell at poor play, but they don't know reactions are different like this.
    *fathers are smiling to his daughter's poor play, when her bro finds it annoying
    LELCgpD.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    s1mszzang wrote: »
    I think sims in sims4 ractions are different case by case. I saw some complaints about how they always smile to poor violin or piano plays unlike on previous series they go yell at poor play, but they don't know reactions are different like this.
    *fathers are smiling to his daughter's poor play, when her bro finds it annoying
    LELCgpD.png

The Dad looks so proud. :)
  • llPrincessllllPrincessll Posts: 15 Member
    I made a family with a husband, wife, and daughter. I made the wife cheat on her husband with the neighbor and they had a baby. The father was happy and awaiting the baby to come. I even had him ask her what did she think of the neighbor, and she told him "I am SO in love with Tyler!" He smiled and their relationship gained another plus. The husband then proceeded to kiss her after she gave him the news. When she went into labor, he went with her and missed work. He even greeted the newborn and treated her like his own kid. In The Sims 3, when a wife has an affair and a baby is born from it, she gets the cheater reputation. On The Sims 4, the only time your sim will react from cheating is being in the same room as it happens. Well, why would I invite her love affair over anyway? I even moved the new baby into the father's house, and then came over to visit them with her other daughter. So her daughter witnessed her mom cheating with the neighbor, and no reaction from the kid. No moodlet or anything form her. On Sims 3, the kid notices infidelity. So pretty much she has zero chance of getting caught.
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Babiephat wrote: »
    I made a family with a husband, wife, and daughter. I made the wife cheat on her husband with the neighbor and they had a baby. The father was happy and awaiting the baby to come. I even had him ask her what did she think of the neighbor, and she told him "I am SO in love with Tyler!" He smiled and their relationship gained another plus. The husband then proceeded to kiss her after she gave him the news. When she went into labor, he went with her and missed work. He even greeted the newborn and treated her like his own kid. In The Sims 3, when a wife has an affair and a baby is born from it, she gets the cheater reputation. On The Sims 4, the only time your sim will react from cheating is being in the same room as it happens. Well, why would I invite her love affair over anyway? I even moved the new baby into the father's house, and then came over to visit them with her other daughter. So her daughter witnessed her mom cheating with the neighbor, and no reaction from the kid. No moodlet or anything form her. On Sims 3, the kid notices infidelity. So pretty much she has zero chance of getting caught.

If anyone wants to know why I'm so disgusted with the current state of TS4 this post highlights it right here.

How on earth did the Gurus playtest this and decide that the game would be shipped with the sims acting like that? And then how on earth after 2 years later has this not been addressed or fixed. I can't even play the bloody game without becoming furious at how the sims react.

@SimGuruDrake are you reading this?! Pass that post on!