Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Ash072 wrote: »
    Loving what everyone has come up with!

@Ash072 and @Issabella14 would it help if we upped the budget, so you were looking at 13k per build, bringing you up to a cost of $39k before adding the lot cost on?

@BuildnShare that will be acceptable, thanks :)

BnS - Appreciated! I will still try to keep it at low as possible to 20k since it's amazingly challenging. Granted, I can't do my original concept with a 20k budget but if I could, it wouldn't be a challenge! I was just worried about having enough money for landscaping such a huge lot. :smile:
    No worries @Ash072 - just because you have a higher budget, doesn't mean you have to use it all ;)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    I hope I have done this correctly. Please let me know if I have missed anything.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and past into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #: 21
    FORUM ID: kamb1403
    ORIGIN ID: bokylie1
    LEVEL: Starting Out (just started using MOO and still getting use to it)
    LOT: 22 Old Main Road
    LOT COST: $2,000
    BUILD COST: $26,307
    TOTAL COST: $28,307
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s12.photobucket.com/user/bokylie1/slideshow/Build and Share Challenge 21?sort=3
    ENTRY DETAILS: http://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/AD4333AF110611E580B70D2985824A1B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=bokylie1&max=25

I chose Neighborhood 2: Established homes. 30×20 – single family home, 2-3 bedrooms, 1-2 bathrooms, total lot cost no more than 30k

SIM: Waldron family - Quincy, Gabrielle and Khloe
    http://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/C7440D6610FE11E58AAD0D2985824A1B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=bokylie1&max=25

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Front of the house
    06-12-15_11-19nbspPM_zps1sll4mez.png

Overhead photo
    06-12-15_11-21nbspPM-5_zpsj6lolca7.png

Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I think my entry on page 106 might have been overlooked because I did not put any photos in with it. The photos are linked though and I have them on a different thread. Should I edit in a pic or two here? I did not know I was suppose to put pics on this thread. I'm sorry.
  • superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    That's an amazing challenge!
    I claim 40×30 – Single family home, 5 bedrooms, 4+ bathrooms, total lot cost no more than 200k.
    Just one doubt: we have to respect any kind of rules? About architecture, exterior..?
    edited June 2015
    Rawla wrote: »
    I think my entry on page 106 might have been overlooked because I did not put any photos in with it. The photos are linked though and I have them on a different thread. Should I edit in a pic or two here? I did not know I was suppose to put pics on this thread. I'm sorry.
    @Rawla - you do not need to put pics on this thread, in fact, we prefer you not to put too many up! And don't worry your entry wasn't missed :)
    That's an amazing challenge!
    I claim 40×30 – Single family home, 5 bedrooms, 4+ bathrooms, total lot cost no more than 200k.
    Just one doubt: we have to respect any kind of rules? About architecture, exterior..?
    Nope, no other rules, just make whatever you fancy :) And I have updated the OP with your claim :D

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you @buildnshare :)
    @kamb1403 I very like your starter, it's perfect for your family :)
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited June 2015
    @Kementari - your winning build for challenge #19 has been showcased on the front page of the thread. Congrats!!

Thank you!

• LeebeejeebeeLeebeejeebee Posts: 116 Member
    Returning to Build 'n' Share for the first time since I don't know when...I'll claim this one please!
    30×20 – Duplex, 2-3 bedrooms per side, 1-2 bathrooms, total lot cost no more than 40k
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Please can I claim the 50×40 – Single family home, 6 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, total lot cost no more than 250k

Question @BuildnShare do the 6 bathrooms need to all be full bathrooms or is it ok to place a wc & sink like a cloak room ? for 1 bathroom ?
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• AwalkingdragonAwalkingdragon Posts: 76 Member
    how do I know the lot cost? I can only find out the total.
    Courage
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    @superbibi11 thank you for your lovely comment
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2015
    This is for Neighborhood 1: 20×15 – starter home, 2 bed, 1bath. Total lot cost no more than 13k

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Tadaima, I'm Home
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 11,382
    TOTAL COST: 12,882
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/QMQ8h
    ENTRY DETAILS: A tiny two-bedroom starter built with a Japanese style. Features a wonderful front area and backyard.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    f1h0di.png
    ab338o.png
    Post edited by pronterus on
    edited June 2015
    Can any one help answer a question, if I create some paintings with a Sim for Wall art, in my build,
    will it effect the lot value ? & will they show when uploaded ?
    I am finding the buy mode paintings expensive and un-inspiring :/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    aka DizziSquirrel

@leebeejeebee and @Liziann1 - have updated the OP with your claims.

@Liziann1 - 6 full baths please :) And yes, sim paintings are included in the costings, but I'm unsure as to whether they transfer. Remember, we only look at your media when providing feedback ;)

GArBA5W.jpg
    Thank you @BuildnShare was hoping to just have a 5 and a half baths oh, well more tweaking required. luxury on a budget is tough :wink:

aka DizziSquirrel

save your build - then delete your build, you will then see the lot cost, and be able to replace your build HTH

aka DizziSquirrel

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member

When in build mode, click on the icon i at the top center bar. This will give you information about the build including the cost. This is the total cost of both the build and the lot. Once uploaded, check the price of your build in the gallery. It should be lower. The difference of the build info price and the gallery price, is the lot price. I hope that makes sense.

edited June 2015
    I've held back $10,000 to add a hot tub and landscape when the new content is released, will have to pray I get it in time to take the photos and create the slideshow!
    Is anyone else going to wait for the new content to complete their lot ?
    Post edited by Liziann1 on
    aka DizziSquirrel

• LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    Can any one help answer a question, if I create some paintings with a Sim for Wall art, in my build,
    will it effect the lot value ? & will they show when uploaded ?
    I am finding the buy mode paintings expensive and un-inspiring :/

Yes they transfer!
    How the lot value exactly works with them is something I don't get. Ruthless_kk has a few lots with only painting, and the lot value does not reflect that in The gallery, but if you place it in your world, and then try to move in, the value DOES reflect the costs of the painting. It's odd.

Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    I've held back $10,000 to add a hot tub and landscape when the new content is released, will have to pray I get it in time to take the hotos and create the slideshow!
    Is anyone else going to wait for the new content to complete their lot ?

I was hoping to, but I only have about 7k left in my budget :/ I'm almost finished, just a few finishing touches, so I can't see it happening. I've left space for a hot tub though!
    dang, the price went up because of the lot price and now i am over the limit. Well, now deciding what to cut out of the houses (:
    Courage
    Sorry for the dubble post in advantage.
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:21
    FORUM ID: Awalkindragon
    ORIGIN ID: Annewalkindragon
    LEVEL: starting out, I guess. Made three – five real buildings.
    LOT: Newcrestweg: Schermafbeelding%202015-06-13%20om%2020.54.27_zpswse4fmqg.png
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 17,953
    TOTAL COST: 19,953
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: click here (:
    ENTRY DETAILS: Starter home, 30×20, Row house wth: kitchen-, living-, and dinner room in one, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath(room)
    And I would like feedback/some kind of judging if possible.
    Courage
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited June 2015
    My entry for Neighborhood 1:- 40×30 – Apartment house/cheap condos, (at least three homes) 0-2 bedrooms, 1 bath.

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Issabella14
    ORIGIN ID: ISsabella14
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: NewCrest Condos
    LOT COST: 3,000
    BUILD COST: 39,024
    TOTAL COST: 42,024
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s42.photobucket.com/user/Issabella_Koen/slideshow/Challenge 21
    ENTRY DETAILS: NewCrest Condos is three, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, unfurnished apartments with affordable rentals.
    LINK TO GALLERY: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/9562079411F411E58E1C1F189CF50BC3
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None Cheats used MOO, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.showhiddenobjects

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    1%201_zpshb71lz7l.jpg
    1%205_zpsesvne7ga.jpg
    Post edited by Issabella14 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top