August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Build-n-Share Challenge #140 - A Fresh Start ** Due 31st August, 2020**

Comments

• NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    I don't have retreat yet... :/
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Rawla wrote: »
    Once I figure out where/how I can download Newcrest, I'd love to claim this lot please....
    (
    Snap ! I don't want to claim a lot until I can see it! I am in the UK, no newcrest for me yet :
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,276 Member
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    Rawla wrote: »
    Once I figure out where/how I can download Newcrest, I'd love to claim this lot please....
    (
    Snap ! I don't want to claim a lot until I can see it! I am in the UK, no newcrest for me yet :

It hasn't come out yet. Soon. :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,285 Member
    Ooh! This looks very interesting and challenging! ;)
    I'm really having a hard time building budget houses, especially if you want to add lots of details for impression. :open_mouth:
    But I'll try! Count me in and I claim:

Neighborhood 2: Established homes
    30×20 – single family home, 2-3 bedrooms, 1-2 bathrooms, total lot cost no more than 30k

Thank you! :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
    Cerrydd wrote: »
    kezflake wrote: »
    I would like to claim:
    30×20 – Row Houses, (at least two homes), 1-2 bedrooms, 1 bath. Total lot cost no more than 20k
    20k, Not even sure if this is possible! :#

Haha, the moment I saw the row houses, I knew it would be right up your alley! :#

Very tight budgets :o I'd like to try this one:

Neighborhood 2: Established homes
    40×20 lot – Single family home, 2-3 bedrooms, 1-2 bathrooms, total lot cost no more than 40k

Can't for a minute think why :D I don't normally consider budgets, especially for row style homes.

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 3,457 Member
    Think I'm all caught up, again if you can check please.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2015
    I look forward to seeing everyone's builds.
    Post edited by Rawla on
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS TO CHALLENGE #19 - DOUBLE TAKE

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AwalkingdragonAwalkingdragon Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2015
    Can i have one 'row houses' still?

-neighbourhood 1: 30×20 – Row Houses, (at least two homes), 1-2 bedrooms, 1 bath. Total lot cost no more than 20k
    Post edited by Awalkingdragon on
    Courage
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,738 Member
    edited June 2015
    Established 30×20 – Single family home, 2-3 bedrooms, 1-2 bathrooms, total lot cost no more than 30k

If I can have that? Lol I'm kind of lost with having to pick lol :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    just want to double check about the row houses, Does each house have to be fully furnished inside or just one of them?
    Got my courage back. I'll try this one:

Neighborhood 3: Generational Homes
    30×20 – High-end community gathering spot, total lot cost no more than 150k
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Can I snag the: 40×20 lot – Single family home, 2-3 bedrooms, 1-2 bathrooms, total lot cost no more than 40k
    @folala - each house has to ne furnished ;)

Thread updated, please check the OP

I am off to the land of nod, remember lots in red on the OP are now unavailable. Keep claiming, I'll be back in the morning.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Hey BnS! Tough challenge!

So..started on the apartment/housing condo thingy on a 40x30 lot with only a 20k budget... That lot is gigantic for what you can build there and I think there will be a lot of empty space. Also, not so sure a 20k budget for a decent building to really utilize the lot is enough. I have apprehensions about the conditions for that particular lot and to have it fully landscaped and furnished.

A 5x5 studio room with the cheapest bed, sink, wallpaper, carpet, door, one window, shower, toilet, dining table, dining chair and I splurged and got the cheapest TV is about $3580. Multiply that by 3 and you get $10,740...which is over half the budget and if laid side by side, the space they take fills only about 6% of the total area of the lot which leaves A LOT of open space. Maybe this condo/apartment house would look and do better on a smaller lot size.
    5sXtTqH.png
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 21
    FORUM ID: Rawla
    ORIGIN ID: Rawla
    LEVEL: Starting Out?
    LOT: Key Vanity Nightclub
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 147,270
    TOTAL COST: 149,270
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Pictures
    ENTRY DETAILS: 30x20 Lot, High-end Community gathering spot. Newcrest Neighborhood 3. There is a music/piano area, a pool and a talking area. An entranceway is small and adds to the feeling that this club is exclusive. Mostly open to the stars/sky. Two bathrooms on second floor along with a romantic setting/bar area and more seating. A nice overlook to the area below is also here.
    Key Vanity Nightclub - Download
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,465 Member
    edited June 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Zita1966z
    ORIGIN ID: Zita1966
    LEVEL:Expert
    LOT NAME: Upper Class Newcrest
    LOT COST: 2500.00
    BUILD COST: 145919.00
    TOTAL COST: 148419.00
    LINK TO ENTRY GALLERY: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/92AD7A4F109511E586BC6AA84856B674
    FEEDBACK? Yes Please
    I CHOSE THE 30X30 LOT IN NEIGHBORHOOD 3. Thanks @BuildnShare, this was really fun 2 do. :)

PICTURES:

tP7KOO9.png
    0hlPGov.png
    lamh8XF.png
    N7q63cL.png
    bOrUAih.png
    69H8r27.png

Post edited by Zita1966z on
    @Zita1966z - Excellent roof design on that build!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    edited June 2015
    I finished the Duplex! It's on the 30x20 lot in Neighbourhood 2. Haha, I am pretty happy with this, even if I wish I could have added more landscaping. Sadly 40k wasn't really enough for it...

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: Talea123
    LEVEL: No idea
    LOT NAME: Small Duplex
    LOT COST: 2.000
    BUILD COST: 37.994
    TOTAL COST: 39.994
    LINK TO ENTRY GALLERY: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/E9AE5A2610D411E5878B0D2985824A1B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Talea123&max=25

12.06.15_09-36_zpsz2qmnyhp.png
    The Blue Side
    Duplex%20Blue_zpsavqbvdt1.jpg
    And the Pink Side
    Duplex%20Pink_zpsuwve5mzq.jpg

edited June 2015
    Loving what everyone has come up with!

@Talea12345 - did you want feedback on your build? If so, a couple more pics in a slideshow format would be useful. Most people tend to use Photobucket or flickr.

@Zita1966z - did you want feedback on your build?

@Ash072 and @Issabella14 would it help if we upped the budget, so you were looking at 13k per build, bringing you up to a cost of $39k before adding the lot cost on?
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member

@Talea12345 - did you want feedback on your build? If so, a couple more pics in a slideshow format would be useful. Most people tend to use Photobucket or flickr.

@Zita1966z - did you want feedback on your build?

@Ash072 and @Issabella14 would it help if we upped the budget, so you were looking at 13k per build, bringing you up to a cost of $39k before adding the lot cost on?

@BuildnShare that will be acceptable, thanks :)
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,465 Member
    @buildnshare Yes mam, feedback would be welcome :)
    @Issabella14 - I will update the OP with the new budget :)

@Zita1966z - can you update your entry clarifying that please? Thanks.

GArBA5W.jpg
    @Kementari - your winning build for challenge #19 has been showcased on the front page of the thread. Congrats!!
    GArBA5W.jpg

@BuildnShare that will be acceptable, thanks :)

BnS - Appreciated! I will still try to keep it at low as possible to 20k since it's amazingly challenging. Granted, I can't do my original concept with a 20k budget but if I could, it wouldn't be a challenge! I was just worried about having enough money for landscaping such a huge lot. :smile:

5sXtTqH.png