Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does your house look?

Comments

• SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @GoldenBuffy That looks beautiful! The first picture, I was thinking "This is supposed to be sims houses, not real houses..." By the second and third pictures, I realized it WAS a sim house... Lol.
    @Karritz! I love it so far! I can't wait to see what you do with it when it's done!
    @Scrapdash I'm not the greatest, but to be honest I kind of prefer decorating... When I first started, I SUCKED at decorating. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    @GoldenBuffy That looks beautiful! The first picture, I was thinking "This is supposed to be sims houses, not real houses..." By the second and third pictures, I realized it WAS a sim house... Lol.
    @Karritz! I love it so far! I can't wait to see what you do with it when it's done!
    @Scrapdash I'm not the greatest, but to be honest I kind of prefer decorating... When I first started, I SUCKED at decorating. :)

The first thing I did was change its colour to a type of mushroom colour and gave it a thatched roof. Now I need to sleep as its almost 2 am here.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    I feel like I butchered it a bit...
    Origional
    My version:
    You did a very good start on an ambitious project. You found the perfect location for such a grand house up on a hill overlooking town.
    I have Nita and Amos Cotton's house. They were able to afford an old run down house, which they completely gutted and made it into their dream home for them, and their three daughters. I'm not that great at decorating but over look that, and I'm not that great at taking pics either. :)

The foyer.

Living room.

Master bedroom.

The family!

Your foyer looks great. I'll be stealing those ideas for one of my future builds. I like that sofa too; I use all the time. The linens on your master bed, great. I'll be attempting something like that in the future. And your family looks very appealing. The toddler is adorable.
    Karritz wrote: »
    I managed to get a picture of my mushroom house. It is barely begun so will change a lot or may be totally abandoned.

That's fantastic. I look forward to more pictures.

I've built a small beach house for my couple in Altair Cay. I planned to get pictures when my family moved in but I've been having problems with placing lots and placing households into lots in my game. I'm going to attempt to salvage my game today and get pictures then.
  • 23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    I love these houses!! I can't wait to share mine!

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

I was able to start over with Altair Cay. Placed community and residential lots. Placed the saved households from my glitched game. My couple was able to move into their new house. I call it bumble bee beach house. (Russ's favorite color is black and Kimberly's is yellow.) I tried not to let the color scheme overpower. Might not have been that successful in the bathroom.

Screenshot-75_zpsitsiyhzk.jpg
    Screenshot-81_zpskcwn0agi.jpg
    Screenshot-80_zps8vmwdc3v.jpg
    Screenshot-82_zpszjqn4yq4.jpg
    Screenshot-84_zpss6dmlkbq.jpg
    Screenshot-88_zps5q2jzrdg.jpg
    Screenshot-92_zps8lfdnwwu.jpg
    Screenshot-94_zpszpyagwwa.jpg
    Screenshot-96_zpswrddgrgk.jpg
  • Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    I do have this nice house for my current family, I downloaded it after searching for a house for ages on the internet.

2j1vtyr.jpg

2viftwi.jpg

edited June 2015
    cwaddell wrote: »
    You did a very good start on an ambitious project. You found the perfect location for such a grand house up on a hill overlooking town.
    Actually, I built it on the little road in sunset valley with NO other houses. :) The other spots were all too small...

@cwaddell I think it looks great!

@Juliee101 It looks like a really nice house! Even though you didn't build it, I'd love to see the inside of it! :)
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @cwaddell ... You did a really nice job on that house ... Kudos!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Thanks guys! I'm glad you like their house. I watch a lot of HGTV to get ideas, and I have a few saves on Pintrest as well.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

Here is where my new creation is at the moment.

I have decided it is a home for a wealthy Sim who doesn't need to be anywhere on time - as the living area starts on level 4.

MH002.jpg

MH003.jpg

MH004.jpg

MH005.jpg

MH006.jpg

MH007.jpg

MH008.jpg

MH009.jpg

MH010.jpg

I moved a couple of testing Sims into the house. I started a new Sims 3 folder for this build and it only has Expansion, Stuff and Store items installed in it.

The Sims are EA default Sims.

The house is very early in its development as a lot of stuff is just plonked down while I work out how to set it all up.
    @SilentWolf101 and @BlackSand: thanks.

I have decided it is a home for a wealthy Sim who doesn't need to be anywhere on time - as the living area starts on level 4.
    MH003.jpg
    Are the spiral staircase the only way up to your living levels? Can they stack one on top of the other?

My beach house, with deck, porch and outside stairs, takes up 14X17 on a 16X19 lot. (The lots in Altair Cay are very small.) My current living space is 10X12. I had planned to place a third floor when I expanded the house as their family grows and maybe put in an elevator. But the problem with that is although I left enough room on the ground entry it would take up too much room on the living levels. If only I could place stairs from the second level to the third over the existing stairs.

Also I really like the hanging ivy plant, where did it come from?
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    @GoldenBuffy Love the house. It's decorated nicely.
    @Karritz I love that staircase color. Is that CC? Or a recolored game one?
    @cwaddell I like the colors. They are different.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @SilentWolf101 thank you. :) I agree with you ten million percent,cannot live without created patterns,it is like having your hands tied without it.Sims 4 is like a box of crayons with just the basics.Sims 3 is like having 1000s of magic markers and paint and glitter and construction paper and............... :p
    Exactly this.

MG15b_zps95df0655.jpg

I love what you did with those walls @BlackSand! I'm going to remember it and try to do something similar one day.
    Which also goes for the other house people show, I love building topics for this game. Because everyone puts something original and inspiring in their buildings.
    5JZ57S6.png
    cwaddell wrote: »
    @SilentWolf101 and @BlackSand: thanks.

MH003.jpg
    Are the spiral staircase the only way up to your living levels? Can they stack one on top of the other?

My beach house, with deck, porch and outside stairs, takes up 14X17 on a 16X19 lot. (The lots in Altair Cay are very small.) My current living space is 10X12. I had planned to place a third floor when I expanded the house as their family grows and maybe put in an elevator. But the problem with that is although I left enough room on the ground entry it would take up too much room on the living levels. If only I could place stairs from the second level to the third over the existing stairs.

Also I really like the hanging ivy plant, where did it come from?

Yes I stack my spiral staircases. There is one that has a problem with Sims not being able to climb when stacked but I can never remember which one it is. It night have been fixed in a patch too as I've not had the problem for years.

This staircase goes down to the basement and up to the top level. I do have other staircases in the basements. But this is the only one to go up to the top.

I recoloured it as shiny metal.

I will find out about the hanging plant for sure but I think it CA,me from Into The Future.

I set up a new Sims 3 folder and only installed some of my store content so there is no CC in it.
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I love what you did with those walls @BlackSand! I'm going to remember it and try to do something similar one day.
    Which also goes for the other house people show, I love building topics for this game. Because everyone puts something original and inspiring in their buildings.

Yeah ... That is in the basement storage area where I keep the junk I was collecting with a Sim who was into World Adventures.
    It looked better on the outside of the house ... Especially in conjunction with the blue tile roof and proper landscaping.

@Karritz I love that staircase color. Is that CC? Or a recolored game one?

It is recoloured as shiny metal.

There is no cc in the Sims 3 folder I'm using to build this to make sure none of it sneaks into the build just in case I want to add it to my studio on the exchange.
    MH008.jpg
    Isn't that Glover and whats his face? Also, I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!!!!!

@cwaddell You're welcome. :)
    edited June 2015
    Yes it is the EA pre-made Sims. I don't have any of my own Sims in this Sims 3 folder. I made a new folder and only installed some of my Store content. There is no CC or mods in the folder. Just in case I decide to put it onto the Exchange later.

Thank you. I'm glad you like what I'm doing with it.

It is completely not practical and I'm just having fun and making it up as I go along. Having Sims in it while I build makes sure it is fun to play in. I'm designing it on the assumption that they can have stay at home Jobs so they don't have to rush down those stairs to go to work on time.

If there are children in the family they'll have to be waiting outside for the school bus if they are going to get to school on time.

I'm putting a garden with the tractor in the bottom basement so they can live off that income if they need to.
    Renovations to Alice's house.
    Put in a pool, entertainment area and new garage for storing her jet ski and car.

Kinner%20039_zpslpyzuyur.jpg

Kinner%20037_zpsymokvupg.jpg

Kinner%20042_zpsark8zkgj.jpg

Kinner%20038_zpsugptsdqm.jpg

@BlackSand It looks absolutely lovely! A kind of place I would live!
    @Karritz Awesome! :)
  • Dani47531Dani47531 Posts: 192 Member
    Right now I'm playing my own version of a legacy challenge (I don't really like the rules of the normal one) and this is my sim's house:

tumblr_nppd9kiKUM1uy2myto1_540.jpg
    tumblr_nppd9kiKUM1uy2myto2_540.jpg
    tumblr_nppd9kiKUM1uy2myto3_540.jpg
    tumblr_nppd9kiKUM1uy2myto4_540.jpg
    tumblr_nppd9kiKUM1uy2myto5_540.jpg
    tumblr_nppd9kiKUM1uy2myto6_540.jpg
    tumblr_nppd9kiKUM1uy2myto7_540.jpg
    @Dani47531 It looks lovely inside! Almost reminds me of a kind of place that a person just starting out as an artist or something would stay. :)
  • Dani47531Dani47531 Posts: 192 Member
    @Dani47531 It looks lovely inside! Almost reminds me of a kind of place that a person just starting out as an artist or something would stay. :)

Thanks :) That's the look I was going for, my sim has this bohemian/artistic look and I wanted her house to fit her budget but still be nice.
    @Dani47531 Great! :)
  • MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    @BlackSand Lovely renovations!