Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Games That Are Totally Not The Sims Geek Out Corner

Comments

• hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited June 2015
    rosey1579 wrote: »

Demonic tanks like automobiles from hell. Like that plum one in Mass Effect.
    You can read the Mass Effect paragraph in the essay I wrote earlier. That plum, plum tank! I hated that tank.

Ah. Gotcha. Nope. Worst thing to "drive" is your dragon form in Divinity II. The rest don't have anything like that. And I think I have been warned about demonic tanks :D
  • rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited June 2015
    hihi122122 wrote: »

You can read the Mass Effect paragraph in the essay I wrote earlier. That plum, plum tank! I hated that tank.

Ah. Gotcha. Nope. Worst thing to "drive" is your dragon form in Divinity II. The rest don't have anything like that. And I think I have been warned about demonic tanks :D

Does the dragon have shields that take eons to recharge? Does Divinity ll have an annoying death screen? Is Divinity ll a worthy addition to my hate list? (If I were to try it out, that is.)

Does the dragon have shields that take eons to recharge? Does Divinity ll have an annoying death screen? Is Divinity ll a worthy addition to my hate list? (If I were to try it out, that is.)

The death screen was annoying, but that's it. Do not add such a good dragon game to your hate list! The abilities have cool downs, but nothing too unreasonable. The game promotes multiple types of attack (like using arrows or melee while waiting on spells to recharge). And if you're screwed from waiting on dragon abilities to recharge, you've entered too difficult of an area. Or your character is a wimp XD
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Oh cool I don't have to make my own thread. I'm so excited, I'm getting Splatoon on Friday. I played the trial and had a ton of fun with it. Anyway the trailer for it and it is a Wii U game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsZPYB0vMw
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    @Scobre - Splatoon looks like a blast for sure. I don't have a Wii-U yet though I want one for Smash Brawl :)
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2015
    Crackseed wrote: »
    @Scobre - Splatoon looks like a blast for sure. I don't have a Wii-U yet though I want one for Smash Brawl :)
    I have Smash Brawl. It is a lot of fun. My brother says he likes the 3DS maps of it better. Mario Kart 8 is hard though and I'm not very good with it. It makes me miss the quacker bike and doing wheelies with Mario Kart 7. But yes, I'm really looking forward to playing Splatoon with my brother.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited June 2015
    So apparently it's going to be called Mirror's Edge Catalyst

1289774916556709186.jpg

So hyped!!! I cannot wait for this!!! Another on the list of my most anticipated games!!!
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    @adayinthelife942 - Aww Yiss. Mirrors Edge again here we go!

...I need to invest in becoming a game streamer via YouTube/Twitch so I can play video games, review them/chat them up with people and get PAID for it.

Otherwise where am I gonna get this time to enjoy all these titles and do a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 9-5 job?! ARGH!
    y9UdOhq.png
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2015
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »

I think I'm one of the few who didn't mind the change from isometric to open world RGPS. It's probably because I love exploring open world games though.

I didn't mind the change either. I feel exactly the same way. I absolutely love well made open world games. :smile:

@GabbyGirlJ

Agreed. One of my favorite things to do in Fallout 3 was just walk around day and night with Dogmeat and take in the sights while this song played.

https://youtu.be/tuYwAB9p8Lk

Which is one of my favorite Fallout 3 ambient songs.

I love the Fallout 3 and NV soundtracks! The ambient music is amazing and the main theme always gives me chills. I also always listened to a lot of the in-game radio while playing. Three Dog was awesome in Fallout 3! And songs like this were too much fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcA24RTmnF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j__NeCooKJk
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Vici0us_VirusVici0us_Virus Posts: 3,076 Member
    edited June 2015
    Loved butcher pete and jhony guitar the nostalgia from bethesda games is epic...
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited June 2015

I think I'm one of the few who didn't mind the change from isometric to open world RGPS. It's probably because I love exploring open world games though.

I didn't mind the change either. I feel exactly the same way. I absolutely love well made open world games. :smile:

@GabbyGirlJ

Agreed. One of my favorite things to do in Fallout 3 was just walk around day and night with Dogmeat and take in the sights while this song played.

https://youtu.be/tuYwAB9p8Lk

Which is one of my favorite Fallout 3 ambient songs.

I love the Fallout 3 and NV soundtracks! The ambient music is amazing and the main theme always gives me chills. I also always listened to a lot of the in-game radio while playing. Three Dog was awesome in Fallout 3! And songs like this were too much fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcA24RTmnF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j__NeCooKJk

Ah Butcher Pete. My go to song when clearing out Paradise Falls or eliminating any Raider for that matter. Also the song Civilization is good too for that same reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgDF2xfcbv8

Big Iron is fantastic too. Especially since New Vegas has a more western feel to it, so fits quite well. Caesars Legion never saw me coming lol.

Oh and Three Dog is apparently coming back for Fallout 4. :)
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    @adayinthelife942: Big Iron is such a fantastic song! It's my favorite song from the radio in New Vegas. It encompasses the feel of the game so well, I think. And the Civilization song from Fallout 3 is another good one. We were singing it one day around my parents and they were like "That's an old one! How do you guys know it?" LOL.

I'm stoked about Three Dog's return too. I think the voice actor did great work.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    edited June 2015
    Maker's breath....there is a topic for others games. This could be a bad thing for me I could talk video games all days, every day!

I do have other games besides The Sims. I'll try to keep the photos small.

Currently, my number one game is DA:I. I am working on my fourth playthrough now and absolutely love it. I haven't had this much fun, with a Dragon Age game, since Origins. I love absolutely everything about it from the story, characters, (CULLEN!!!), all of it.

My Inquisitor, Evelyn Trevelyan, dual wielding assassin rogue of awesomeness that runs with Iron Bull, Dorian and Sera. The banter between these three is priceless!!

ScJqjuf.jpg
    meTKtRQ.jpg
    kHPKQNd.jpg

Also, I play Star Wars: The Old Republic. I have been with the game for a little over three years now, since launch. I have enjoy every single bit of it.

My main character is a gunslinging smuggler of sass....Naelah Alcaeus

2rlDE1I.jpg
    cbzFy8G.jpg

Man, SWTOR - I wanted so much more from that game given the pedigree/source material but I'm glad that it's steadily been moving forward since going F2P.

The class stories are still my favorite part though - most of them were excellent with a few meh ones.

Also - brief moment of silence for legendary Christopher Lee.
    y9UdOhq.png
    edited June 2015
    @LadyWindrunner15 --
    Andraste's flaming sword, not another one! XD Took a moment to fangirl over Cullen again <3 You never forget your first romance....no matter how many playthroughs, I'll feel like I'm betraying Cullen if I romance anyone else.

I LOVE inquisition! Building my new pc for that game. I had an elven mage, but I'm not as proud of her as a character. I'll play it again and see what I think :D She made good choices and all, I just couldn't master the controls when creating her (played pre patch 1), so she's not my best work.

@Crackseed -- NOOO!!!!! I cannot believe we have lost such a talent. He lived a long and good life though, so we must be happy for that.
    For you folks still happily ensconced within DAI - Witcher 3 would be a fantastic game to jump to next and it's on sale via Steam's horrifically awesome (I say horrifically because your wallet sits in a corner sobbing eating ice cream and asking you "Why? WHY?" after you're all done with the sale) for about 35 - and it's getting free weekly DLC.

DAI is amazing as per Bioware's normal MO but I have to give Witcher 3 a few wins over DAI in terms of side quests and the open world for that game is IMO, a bit more well crafted.
    y9UdOhq.png
    edited June 2015
    @Crackseed Believe me when I say, I have had to be incredibly patient with SWTOR. It has certainly had it's down times, and I wasn't sure if it would even make it. It's steadily improving, though. We have an event going on now specifically for the class stories. It's call Epic Story XP, we get 12 x the normal experience for class story only. It has been a complete blast. Witcher 3 is on my list of games to play, but I have to finish one first. lol. If I let myself start too many games I'll never, ever get through them.

@hihi122122 Cullenites unite!! lol. I have been waiting since Origins to romance that man. I have no regrets, and I was surprised how good his romance is. It ranks for me way up there with the Alistair romance. Next time, hopefully, I am going to romance Iron Bull. If, and a big IF, I can stay away from the flirt icon with Cullen. I understand about the controls for creating an Inquisitor. I have 49 "Evelyn Trevelyan"s listed in Dragon Age Keep because I kept starting over. She would look good in creator, but horrible in game.

The pictures are of my canon Inquisitor, and the only one I have managed to get "right."
    Post edited by CipherMandy on
    @LadyWindrunner15 - I hear you on both too many games (eyes 150+ steam list) and SWTOR's woes and tribulations.

I appreciate that they've kept at it - the class stories were fantastic and the game had some great things in it, just felt that it tapered off too quickly and some of the hype points ended up being very tiresome after you did them 20+ times like conversations in flash points.

I only pointed out the Witcher 3 bit just cause it's on special haha. But yeah, I've flirted with going back to check out SWTOR on and off. Sadly as a Republic player, that comes with it's own negatives *snicker*

Perhaps if I do, I'll give you a nudge over there :D
    y9UdOhq.png
    @Crackseed My steam list is insane. I am trying so desperately to stay away from it because of the sale. At least until next week which is pay day!

I completely get what you are saying about SWTOR. I have never lost the feeling that we are on the verge of epicness, but come up just a little short. Dailies can only take a player so far. Which is why I have so many alts because I mainly play for the class stories, and main story for the game as a whole.

I'm a Republic player too, so I feel your pain! lol
    @LadyWindrunner15 -- I wanted to romance him in Origins too, but I'd completely forgotten about it until inquisition came out. I've only got 3 keep lines. What I wanted to happen, what actually happened (for my first series run through), and my educated run through. Now that I know I can prevent Alistair from making dumb decisions I will/did.
    I'll see if I should get the witcher series. It looks good and sales are even better :D
    edited June 2015
    @LadyWindrunner15 -- I wanted to romance him in Origins too, but I'd completely forgotten about it until inquisition came out. I've only got 3 keep lines. What I wanted to happen, what actually happened (for my first series run through), and my educated run through. Now that I know I can prevent Alistair from making dumb decisions I will/did.

Any time I get a new game I always do a first run through without a thought. Just to get the feel for the game, story, and characters. First time I played Origins, I didn't harden Alistair, lost the landsmeet, killed Zevren, and accidentally married Alistair off to Anora. Despite the fact, that I was a human noble (it was the only origin that allowed me to play a human female rogue...had no idea she could marry him) and fully capable of marrying him.

Second time through, is where the real fun began and I was able to roleplay it. I get so into RPGs, that I have full backstories for my leads and I come up with stuff to add into places there are gaps. Silly, I know, but so much fun and gets me connected to the game.
    Post edited by CipherMandy on

Any time I get a new game I always do a first run through with a thought. Just to get the feel for the game, story, and characters. First time I played Origins, I didn't harden Alistair, lost the landsmeet, killed Zevren, and accidentally married Alistair off to Anora. Despite the fact, that I was a human noble (it was the only origin that allowed me to play a human female rogue...had no idea she could marry him) and fully capable of marrying him.

Second time through, is where the real fun began and I was able to roleplay it. I get so into RPGs, that I have full backstories for my leads and I come up with stuff to add into places there are gaps. Silly, I know, but so much fun and gets me connected to the game.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 you're like my long lost gamer twin xD

I do the EXACT same. I make tons of mistakes, screw-ups and experiments the first time through to learn what works and doesn't then I sit down and play through immediately after 1-2 more times getting it ALL right as much as possible. Then I tend to return a year or so later with all the DLC, etc and do completely new thorough playthroughs again.

Eesh, I'm on my 9th ME3 playthrough as is though DAI I'm still pushing through my 2nd/3rd when Warframe/Witcher 3/GTA V aren't eating my free time.
    y9UdOhq.png

Any time I get a new game I always do a first run through with a thought. Just to get the feel for the game, story, and characters. First time I played Origins, I didn't harden Alistair, lost the landsmeet, killed Zevren, and accidentally married Alistair off to Anora. Despite the fact, that I was a human noble (it was the only origin that allowed me to play a human female rogue...had no idea she could marry him) and fully capable of marrying him.

I do the EXACT same. I make tons of mistakes, screw-ups and experiments the first time through to learn what works and doesn't then I sit down and play through immediately after 1-2 more times getting it ALL right as much as possible. Then I tend to return a year or so later with all the DLC, etc and do completely new thorough playthroughs again.

Eesh, I'm on my 9th ME3 playthrough as is though DAI I'm still pushing through my 2nd/3rd when Warframe/Witcher 3/GTA V aren't eating my free time.

Gamer twin, yea!!!

Yep, I do exactly the same thing. I have my rushed play through number one, my thought out/written out/do as much as I can play through. After that, I have my completionist play through which is always my canon story and character. If my girls are going to save the world, they are going to do all of it. They are going to see everything, meet everyone, explore every nook/cave/cranny/hidden temple/dungeon there is on the map.

Currently, I am on my third play through with the smuggler on SWTOR.

Fourth with DA:I. When I finish this play through, I am starting all over back in Origins. I am going to play Origins/2 (my least favorite)/Inquisition in order to get the entire story so far. Including the DLC, minus DA2 because I always get an error message when I try to purchase the darn things!

Lastly, I am on my third play through of the entire Mass Effect trilogy.
    edited June 2015

Gamer twin, yea!!!

Yep, I do exactly the same thing. I have my rushed play through number one, my thought out/written out/do as much as I can play through. After that, I have my completionist play through which is always my canon story and character. If my girls are going to save the world, they are going to do all of it. They are going to see everything, meet everyone, explore every nook/cave/cranny/hidden temple/dungeon there is on the map.

Currently, I am on my third play through with the smuggler on SWTOR.

Fourth with DA:I. When I finish this play through, I am starting all over back in Origins. I am going to play Origins/2 (my least favorite)/Inquisition in order to get the entire story so far. Including the DLC, minus DA2 because I always get an error message when I try to purchase the darn things!

Lastly, I am on my third play through of the entire Mass Effect trilogy.

Yeah....I do the same thing...I was being ridiculous and rejected the dark ritual and I'd already killed the one guy and didn't harden either Alistair or Leliana. The romance with Alistair almost worked out....until he told me he couldn't live in a world without me and killed the archdemon. I was so mad that I wouldn't touch dragon age or the dlc for 2 weeks.

My human noble has a much happier life. She is queen with Alistair and the dark ritual was completed (really wish there was another option. Alistair is mine! Mine, Morrigan!).

Being a smart mouth got me thrown out of the inquisition ball, so....watch what you say...glad I had a save game.

I never take my first playthrough completely seriously. I make so many mistakes and usually still don't quite make nice with the game mechanics. The 2nd and 3rd time are when things get fun...I play as an evil character, recruit the non-goody-two-shoes and have a blast. Or I still be a nice guy because I want Alistair :D