Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy Play Thread :)

Comments

• Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @luthienrising @HarmonySims280
    You guys are giving me some really great ideas here. Photo Booth to take a picture with the "Ladies", Bar, Meals, etc. I wonder if I can just live in the building, and have my mail delivered there?
  • Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Wow, I have a western town in the sims 3. These photos give me some great ideas. Thanks.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    Sorry I've been MIA the past few days. Work is kicking my butt and I'm preparing to travel to Long Island New York for a wedding on Saturday. So excited about the wedding but bummed that I'll have to wait until Monday to really explore the new world. I'm off on Monday to recuperate from the weekend so planning a long play session.

Will post pics of my current family soon. I get so engrossed in my game that I forget to take pics. :) I remember having some type of program that automatically took pictures.
    @simgirl1010
    Have fun in New York!
  • policeofficerswifepoliceofficerswife Posts: 347 Member
    Thank you so much for making this thread. So many negative Sims 4 threads have taken over the forum. I really dislike negative and try and stay positive even when I don't like something. It's nice to see other simmers staying positive! :)
  • OleummarkOleummark Posts: 30 Member
    So I am just popping in to say that I love all the positivity on this thread! I can’t count how many times I get disheartened by other threads. Everyone has done awesome work on their houses/game play. A+
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh, I plan on posting everyday on this thread. Even if it falls back a little I don't think some of us are going to let it go belly up. It won't get too old ;). I'll make up a story if I gotta ;).

Thank you for the floor plans all of you who posted. I've been a terrible builder since sims came out and usually stuck to downloads. I'm kind of trying here or at least downloading a base and working with it now. The build tools make it much easier for me than I was use to in the past. I favor ranch styles for a sim family so that I can see everyone.

When Newcrest comes out I'm going to pick a theme for one area. I have to narrow it down and there are so many good builders... gonna be hard.

egTcBMc.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Oh, I plan on posting everyday on this thread. Even if it falls back a little I don't think some of us are going to let it go belly up. It won't get too old ;). I'll make up a story if I gotta ;).

Thank you for the floor plans all of you who posted. I've been a terrible builder since sims came out and usually stuck to downloads. I'm kind of trying here or at least downloading a base and working with it now. The build tools make it much easier for me than I was use to in the past. I favor ranch styles for a sim family so that I can see everyone.

When Newcrest comes out I'm going to pick a theme for one area. I have to narrow it down and there are so many good builders... gonna be hard.

Too funny. :)

So glad they announced the Patio Pack so simmers can plan their lots/buildings accordingly. Think I'm going to wait til it is released. Hopefully Tuesday.
    @simgirl1010 Hey I meant that lol.

The patio pack looks fantastic
    http://simsvip.com/2015/06/10/ea-announces-the-sims-4-perfect-patio-stuff-pack/#more-52055

I've read all about the hot tub, excited for the grill.. is that a new bar and couches, and plants and decor and hair and, and? I think I gotta sit down. Yeah I'm happy :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • FaithfullyJoyfulFaithfullyJoyful Posts: 49 Member
    > @Hermitgirl said:
    > Oh, I plan on posting everyday on this thread. Even if it falls back a little I don't think some of us are going to let it go belly up. It won't get too old ;). I'll make up a story if I gotta ;).
    >
    > Thank you for the floor plans all of you who posted. I've been a terrible builder since sims came out and usually stuck to downloads. I'm kind of trying here or at least downloading a base and working with it now. The build tools make it much easier for me than I was use to in the past. I favor ranch styles for a sim family so that I can see everyone.
    >
    > When Newcrest comes out I'm going to pick a theme for one area. I have to narrow it down and there are so many good builders... gonna be hard.

I don't even bother trying to build anymore! There are SO many amazing homes nit he Gallery. I LOVE the tool to just pick a room. I had twins and wanted them to have a shared room. A little search inquiries found me a perfect room that was blue and pink for my boy and girl. All I had to do was slap it on top of my house and the kids had a whole floor to themselves.
    @FaithfullyJoyful
    Yeah, I'm with you. Now and then I try to build because I can make something better than a box now.. it has a foundation and a curved roof lol. I love the gallery though, there are so many talented and dedicated builders.
    egTcBMc.png
    Here's an excerpt from my play today. I am blogging about my loosely-ruled Legacy challenge. I never realized how dramatics sims were until I started putting it in story form. Blogging has completely re-energized me and putting time into simming again!

--- Jigs Legacy Dot Blog Spot Dot Com ---

Mae leaves the girls outside to catch up while she shares the big news with Deandra. She was so excited! Then she introduced Ronny's CHILDREN to Mae.

Mae heads to the bedroom and sees the babies. That's right folks, Ronny and Deandra had TRIPLETS! What a way to start a marriage.
    Their names are Layton, Isaiah, and Karen.
    As I'm trying to get a good picture of the triplets, I notice something odd in the back ground and head to investigate the kitchen.

There's our beautiful mommy on fire! This is so shocking to me that Mae can't do anything about it!

The wonderful and sweet mommy to 4 kids burns to death while her whole family watches.

Confident Mae demands Grim Reaper to spare Deandra, but he has none of it.

Then the girls and boys come to say goodboye to their mom.
    @Hermitgirl

It is definitely inspiring to see them. Whenever I grab a screen shot, I have to get the angle just right because I just love how beautiful the rooms can be.

--This conversation is making me want to go and find a fancy new house to throw my family in!
    edited June 2015
    @FaithfullyJoyful
    Do the kids have a parent there after Moms death? Is that who Ronny is the dad?.. and I can't find your blog yet, you can't link for a bit and it's not showing in search for me yet.
    egTcBMc.png
    > @Hermitgirl said:
    > FaithfullyJoyful
    > Do the kids have a parent there after Moms death? Is that who Ronny is the dad?.. and I can't find your blog yet, you can't link for a bit and it's not showing in search for me yet.

Yeah, I wasn't sure how to do that.

JigslegacyDOTblogspotDOTcom
    @FaithfullyJoyful

You have to wait awhile to link stuff but it doesn't take very long. There are threads that can help you after you get the need points, there are a few for new members. I'll go off topic long enough to link this :). It has alot of info on that first page.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know/p1

egTcBMc.png
  • PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    now i am happy... looking forward they improve the culling sims problem and fix the relationship and family tree issue. That make this game much more fun to play...
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Thanks guys. No gamingtime today alas. Can't wait to try the hottub when it comes out. And a big <3 for all the amazing houses and lots on the gallery. So much fun to find new places to import.
  • RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    I have a new sim whom just became a professional athlete and is also a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 mother! She had been dating Don Lothario for sometime, but he ended up leaving her when he became preggo with an alien baby. He also is the father of her two boys. I'm actually pretty in love with this small family lol.
    edited June 2015
    Off topic shortly.
    @FaithfullyJoyful
    There are few things you can do to boost your "Member" Points. Add a profile picture and call someone out in the thread at least once using the @ like I did here.
    We can help her folks if we like some of her comments.

Back on topic.
    If you go into your saves, and pull the last .sav to your desktop, and rename either .sav.ver0, or perhaps .sav.ver1 to .sav, you can bring up a sav before the mother died. However, if you want to keep her around deceased, you can use the following cheats to get her back quickly.
    Make sure you have testingcheats true
    then use
    sims.get_sim_id_by_name (Sims first and last name)
    sims.summon_sim_to_zone (The numbers that pop up in the cheat window.

(She'll appear on the sidewalk in front of the house, as a Ghost)

Then start having a conversation to get the option to invite to household.
    She can be a Guardian Ghost for her kids.

Edited for typo. Now that I found one, I'll probably find another after this edit.
    @RemiSims I wanna see Don pregnant lol....

@Ulfric_Grimbrand Oh yeah, more power to the ghosts! :smiley: I lost a bunch of game play once and tried to do the save change by some instructions I found but I flubbed it up somehow. I didn't pull it to my desktop though.. so next time I'll try that. I know I just deleted that family in a minifit lol. I'm going to keep that advise in mind also thanks!
    egTcBMc.png
  • RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    @Hermitgirl I'll post them when I ay again. This would be his second alien birth, lol. Poor guy :D
    I should have mentioned, it's how I manage Ghosts in my game. I have one Ghost living in the Cemetery I put in. When someone dies, or I find a Sim in my friends list that isn't in Neighborhood management. I play the resident ghost, summon them to the Cemetery, and use the Add to Family cheat to add them. If I want them around, I keep them, if I don't, I uses the management system to move them out, and delete them. Great way to keep the population down as well.

I keep hearing about the culling issues, but I haven't ran into that yet. I have 20 Sims in homes, and 10 Not in World.
    @Hermitgirl
    I learned the hard way to keep that .sav. If I mess up, I can put it back, and load the game, and save where I left off. Unfortunately, there are only 5 sav.ver# so you may want to copy them all to a folder on your desktop to insure you don't lose too much. Don't pull them if you try that option, the save will disappear, until you put them back.
  • olyanaesmeolyanaesme Posts: 338 Member
    What a great idea, unfortunately, I am sure it will soon be derailed. I love your perfect garden. It's gorgeous and looks peaceful.

I've started my first Tumblr and I'm having a blast. It's really made me enjoy the game more. I have a Sim who is filled with sass and attitude and has decided that she's madly in love with an alien. I'm trying my best to distract her and discourage the relationship but she's having none of that. She is determined to get her alien.

She's at the campground right now, I sent her there hoping she would meet other males. Instead? She immediately gets into an argument with the first two she met because one of them decided to yell at her.

She is just so much fun. I'm hesitant to pair her off though because I always wind up abandoning the Sims after they have a child. I run out of things to do with them.

Here are some screens of her:

Impressing the alien she likes by flashing crazy eyes at him, he loved it. I think he's as crazy as she is or something.

06-04-15_5-02nbspPM-2_zpsoe7mg43v.png

Sent her to the mirror to work on her charisma skill and when I stopped her and let her do what she wanted? She chose to flash crazy eyes and make faces in the mirror.

05-30-15_3-22nbspPM-4_zpslrrqaonl.png

Disgusted that I made her make grilled cheese, she was not happy about it and hates grilled cheese. She's a bit of a food snob.

05-29-15_3-10nbspPM-9_zpsvy641vq2.png

She decided to scare the teen male who was mean to her, he was there with his blue haired father who laughed the whole time the teen was yelling at her when all she did was introduce herself.

06-04-15_7-35nbspPM_zpszndj7czc.png

And super proud of catching a small fish....lol.

leahfishing3_zpsgsmnziay.png

This Sim has so much personality, that she makes the game fun.

she's so so gorgeous! mind me, where'd you download the cc lipstick?
    we way too young to get old <3