Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny House Challenge

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    KATENESS wrote: »
    Wow! Great builds everyone! I know it's an uncommon wish, but I wish we had smaller lots. I love tiny houses! :)

Me too! Most of what I used the lot-adding tool in Sims 3 for was deleting big lots and replacing them with multiple tiny ones :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In S3, I created half a dozen container houses. I wanted it to look as if they had to use some of the cargo containers after the crash landing, to have places to live. I'm going to recreate some of those for O.S. We also need a ladder for lofts in our tiny houses.
  • pigletbaby82pigletbaby82 Posts: 72 Member
    edited June 2015
    hope you don't mind me having a go :) unfortunately as I've only been on the forums a short while I can't upload any pictures or links yet but my little contribution is now up on the gallery under #tinyhousechallenge my ID is same as I use on here :)
    p.s. I'd love to know where you get those beaded curtains??
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    @white_lily_1988 - the use of the restrooms at the back of the house is LOL
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Munchy wrote: »
    Omg I'm so impressed with this!

I was afraid of putting anything under the stairs because I wasn't sure if the sims could access it! Also, I had a hard time trying to keep it under $20,000 so I forgo any outdoor landscaping. But honestly, even if I did everything, it wouldn't look as great as what you had come out with. Great job! XX

That's one of the things I like about S4. They can access anything under the stairs within 1-1/2 tiles.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I was afraid of putting anything under the stairs because I wasn't sure if the sims could access it! Also, I had a hard time trying to keep it under $20,000 so I forgo any outdoor landscaping. But honestly, even if I did everything, it wouldn't look as great as what you had come out with. Great job! XX

That's one of the things I like about S4. They can access anything under the stairs within 1-1/2 tiles.

Agreed! I tested my build by moving in one of the auto generated sims, since I had my fridge under the stairs and the easel between the stairs and wall (couldn't put the stairs against the wall since it would have intersected the roof I guess?). I'm rather impressed that it worked, as well as my loft since it's barely under the roof, lol. I'm still so used to TS3, that just looking at my build almost nothing should have been functional... but it all works! :)
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    There are so many beautiful creations in this thread! Thanks to everyone for sharing <3

I just wish they would introduce lockable doors, I am so very much wanting to place a bunch of these tiny houses on a small lot and have one or two sims living in each. Without locking doors everything just gets out of hand and I can never make people stay in their own homes lol
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Oh! I so want to do this. I haven't build a Sims 4 house yet. I used to build little houses on Sims 3 a lot to fit on the little lots because I had a pretty full neighborhood and no where to put everyone.
    Fun!
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Letty91 wrote: »
    There are so many beautiful creations in this thread! Thanks to everyone for sharing <3

I just wish they would introduce lockable doors, I am so very much wanting to place a bunch of these tiny houses on a small lot and have one or two sims living in each. Without locking doors everything just gets out of hand and I can never make people stay in their own homes lol

There is a mod on MTS. It works great. It's as simple as clicking the door and picking the sims that are allowed to enter. I have been playing apartments and hotels and trailer parks. It's pretty awesome.

I know not everyone wants to use mods, but this is seriously one that is worth the hassle. I do wish they would patch in lockable doors, though.
  • Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Letty91 wrote: »

There is a mod on MTS. It works great. It's as simple as clicking the door and picking the sims that are allowed to enter. I have been playing apartments and hotels and trailer parks. It's pretty awesome.

I know not everyone wants to use mods, but this is seriously one that is worth the hassle. I do wish they would patch in lockable doors, though.

I have actually never tried mods, at this point I think I'm going to have to check that one out because it is near impossible to play that style. Thank you!
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
    Alright, I've finally finished mine. I did a modern tiny-house that looks like shipping containers. Let me know what you guys think!

Crap. I did the exact same thing!

Like your build, by the way :)

Well the whole idea of these tiny houses is that they can be move by having wheels put under them and hooking it up to a pick up truck.
    I'm so addicted to these homes and really tried to go for something that could be easily transported this time. I'm not sure how many more ideas I can come up with for them though :(

I really wish we could use half a square for wall placements. I also wish we had those structure supports that angle inward to the base on the outside. Not sure how to describe it, but they're usually metal. It's kind of like a column that angles out from the base to the area it's supporting, like a V shape. As a workaround, I used the Decorative Corbel to give the illusion of the upper floor being supported better.

I had to play test this last one and had so much fun playing in it. I'm going to try for something even smaller next and see what I can come up with. :)

tinyHome_1.jpg

tinyHome_2.jpg

tinyHome_3.jpg

tinyHome_4.jpg

tinyHome_5.jpg

tinyHome_6.jpg

tinyHome_7.jpg

tinyHome_8.jpg
    Try limiting it to 16 tiles. You can use a single bed, toilet and shower (sink in the kitchen area) only in the bathroom, one chair, one table, etc. The shape can be any shape, just only 16 tiles. The deck or porch does not count as part of the 16 tiles. Good luck!
    edited June 2015
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Try limiting it to 16 tiles. You can use a single bed, toilet and shower (sink in the kitchen area) only in the bathroom, one chair, one table, etc. The shape can be any shape, just only 16 tiles. The deck or porch does not count as part of the 16 tiles. Good luck!

Challenge Accepted!

I made it 15 tiles. 3x5, and learned some things along the way. For example, sims can read from a bookcase over the bed and sleep with it there too. They can also use a mirror placed behind the toilet (I never knew these things).

I figure if I were to make it 3x6 I could add a computer and a one-tile dresser, thus meeting all needs. I tried to do it with this size, but I couldn't figure out a way to make it all fit together. This was the best I could do.

tinyHome_1.jpg

tinyHome_2.jpg

tinyHome_3.jpg

tinyHome_4.jpg

tinyHome_5.jpg

tinyHome_6.jpg

tinyHome_7.jpg

tinyHome_8.jpg

tinyHome_9.jpg
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited June 2015
    @kremesch73 You did better than I did. ETA. Wow, I had no idea they could fix meals on top of dressers! Thanks for showing us that!

2ef1255.jpg

2553x1l.jpg

2115951.jpg
    @kremesch73 You did better than I did. ETA. Wow, I had no idea they could fix meals on top of dressers! Thanks for showing us that!

I wish they could. Unfortunately, that's the Vault Modular Counter. Sorry.
    Those look great, just like the ones from the television show. And the new tips about placement. Good job!
    Those look great, just like the ones from the television show. And the new tips about placement. Good job!

Thanks. This really reminds me why we need trash compactors so badly. It's the need for that dang garbage can that is taking up that one vital square I could use for something useful.
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

Thanks. This really reminds me why we need trash compactors so badly. It's the need for that dang garbage can that is taking up that one vital square I could use for something useful.

Garbage can in the yard! LOL
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited June 2015
    Little big house,

4pv7o1.jpg

rws4tz.jpg

xfq2ac.jpg

24bvhic.jpg

its on the exchange. I forgot to change one of the fences in the back, and forgot to put the trash can under the stairs.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Kremesch73, that looks so funny but it so cute and I love it. Is it on the exchange? :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    @kremesch73 - I love the desk built into the cabinetry.
    @Zakeira - Excellent use of space, and the pick up on the front is a nice touch. Is this on the gallery?

Tried to quote your post, but it wouldn't post.