Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does your house look?

Comments

• Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    Oh thank you everyone for your compliments on my house so far.
    Everyone has really nice houses on here. So many different designs and ideas. I love it!
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I only learned to like building houses in TS4, but now that I'm going back to TS3, I'm learning to try and appreciate Build/Buy there. It's REALLY HARD, though! I never really built houses in TS3 and there are lots of tools!! But I'm hoping that the inspiration I've gotten from this thread will help me explore a bit more!

ALSO @BlackSand , your screencaps always look so smooth. Do you have an amazing video card? Do you run that HD thing while you play? Are you just REALLY GOOD at making your screencaps look amazing?
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited June 2015
    Still WIP but the backyard is awesome has a greenhouse and nectary and a pretty pond,added a basement artifact museum, and just furnished a bedroom for my newest kidnapped foreign family member Jolene Montaque from France.Hui Young Kim will now have some company. :D

Screenshot-1260_zps6eaodjut.jpg

Overall it has 4 bedrooms,one is meant for two Single Sims.Two large bathrooms (one with the tub from HELS)my favorite tub,A Kitchen,Living room,a music activity room with a grand piano and Karaokee machine.Now has a museum basement (newest thing). Also has 2 fireplaces.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @CravenLestat Lovely looking house! :)
    @mizuru007 I don't know if I could build in the sims 4 because I love my create-a-pattern. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @SilentWolf101 thank you. :) I agree with you ten million percent,cannot live without created patterns,it is like having your hands tied without it.Sims 4 is like a box of crayons with just the basics.Sims 3 is like having 1000s of magic markers and paint and glitter and construction paper and............... :p
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    ALSO @BlackSand , your screencaps always look so smooth. Do you have an amazing video card? Do you run that HD thing while you play? Are you just REALLY GOOD at making your screencaps look amazing?

Uh ... I won't bore you with the details of my system ... But my computer is custom built.
    It is way overpowered for Sims 3 and is what could be considered a "hyper-gaming" system.

Thanks for the compliment though ... And drop me a PM if you want details on where to have a custom system built with better components you select and at a lower cost than anything in its class from a standard manufacturer.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    edited June 2015
    @SilentWolf101 thank you. :) I agree with you ten million percent,cannot live without created patterns,it is like having your hands tied without it.Sims 4 is like a box of crayons with just the basics.Sims 3 is like having 1000s of magic markers and paint and glitter and construction paper and............... :p

I like the description you give.
    For me, it is not only the patterns that count, but the textures as well.
    Plus ... Sims 3 has a ton of stuff available to mess with and you can absolutely "rock" a house in it.

Kinner%20015_zps46yjggae.jpg

Federalist3_zps233a2f04.jpg

MG15b_zps95df0655.jpg

Kinner%20021_zpswdq9p1yu.jpg

BlackSand wrote: »

I love the room your sim is in in that photo.....
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    BlackSand wrote: »

I love the room your sim is in in that photo.....

Not to be picky ... But that is Alice's new house.
    And ... That is not a room at all ... It is one of the back porches.

Kinner%20009_zpsxjmkuj6j.jpg

I went with a flat roof so I could have skylights inside.

Kinner%20014_zpses7awbb0.jpg

@BlackSand Hm. Tricky image. I still love it!

Are those windows from an expansion pack or custom content? Because they're beautiful. :)
    @BlackSand Hm. Tricky image. I still love it!

Are those windows from an expansion pack or custom content? Because they're beautiful. :)

They would have to be from an EP because I don't use Custom Content.

@BlackSand Okay. :)
    I use quite a bit of custom content - but only from one site.
    @BlackSand Okay. :)
    I use quite a bit of custom content - but only from one site.

I am pretty sure they are from the Supernatural EP ... Because they are the upper part of the windows on the Supernatural Hangout.
    They have a matching lower window without the curved top if you are using them on two story structures.

@BlackSand Thank you. I'm looking into getting either Pets of Supernatural as my next EP. :)
    edited June 2015
    I feel like I butchered it a bit...
    Origional
    b07bf3e9b67a3d4765eb38f0910e6e93_zpsxgizf8dx.jpg
    My version:
    2_zpss3dzwng7.png
    3_zps5flyhag5.png
    It is unfurnished, not including the car and garden trees. To be honest, I really like the top half of it...
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I feel like I butchered it a bit...
    Origional
    b07bf3e9b67a3d4765eb38f0910e6e93_zpsxgizf8dx.jpg
    My version:
    2_zpss3dzwng7.png
    3_zps5flyhag5.png
    @SilentWolf101 Wow... I don't think you butchered it, your build looks good! :) But to build that mansion, you need a lot of EP and store content, and probably CC as well.
    Love this thread! Wonderful houses everyone!
    NymlADp.jpg
    @jillbg I use a lot of CC (The fencing on the first floor, ALL the windows...) but I only have two EPs, High End Loft Stuff and Late Night.

Halfway through, I realized I built it wrong, and so I took the picture in photo edit and reversed it. Now they look the same. :3

It's so cheap because the only thing I did inside was add a bathroom on the fourth floor (Where the roofing is, because apparently that could be turned into a floor...)
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @SilentWolf101 It looks great! And a little scary... :D
    NymlADp.jpg
    @jillbg Thank you. :)
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I have Nita and Amos Cotton's house. They were able to afford an old run down house, which they completely gutted and made it into their dream home for them, and their three daughters. I'm not that great at decorating but over look that, and I'm not that great at taking pics either. :)

Screenshot-154_zpsnjsnz2mn.jpg
    The foyer.

Screenshot-155_zpslzvqdioj.jpg
    Living room.

Screenshot-156_zpsty7jx88f.jpg
    Dinning room.

Screenshot-157_zpssrhjgzrl.jpg
    Kitchen - which is my favorite part of the house.

Screenshot-158_zpsljrwcse9.jpg
    This is a view of the open flow from front door to the dinning area.

Screenshot-159_zpsvpxxwexi.jpg
    Nothing special, just the bath room. The second one is done the same except it only has a shower, this one has a tub for the girls, and also when mom wants a bubble bath.

Screenshot-160_zps310sewbv.jpg
    This is the two older girls' room, Aspen and Noel.

Screenshot-161_zpslotrymox.jpg
    Now that there is a toddler in the house again, the doll house is no longer safe from her drooling all over it and the dolls!

Screenshot-162_zpssqexoi3z.jpg
    Master bedroom.

Screenshot-163_zpsudbasytj.jpg

Screenshot-164_zpsmqltsoel.jpg
    And last, the nursery.

I forgot to get pics of the basement, but it's nothing special. It's finished and has a washer and dryer down there, along with the girls other toys, and a tea table for them to play with their stuffed bears.

Screenshot-165_zpsiib3dnjd.jpg
    Screenshot-167_zpsd8zi5sdv.jpg
    The family!

epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I decided it is time to build another house. I set up a new Sims 3 folder without mods or CC just in case I make something I want to put onto the exchange.

I've done the shell of the building so far and it Is the right shape.

I seriously doubt anyone would want it in their game though. Above ground it is a 5 story high mushroom with a moat around it. It is on a 50x50 lot. There is a farm in the basement. I didn't want to spoil the look of The landscaping I still have to do by putting the tractor on ground level.

I don't have any pictures yet because I started building in Moonlit Falls and there are trees all around the lot and the build is hidden behind them. I'll have to move it to a different world to get a good look at it.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    Such lovely homes, I'm just hopeless at creating them and even worse at decorating.

@GoldenBuffy I think your colour scheme is really beautiful, it's clean and modern but homely at the same time. Love the little colour accents you've given the white scheme, works really well. Might have to steal some of those ideas :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I managed to get a picture of my mushroom house. It is barely begun so will change a lot or may be totally abandoned.

MH001.jpg
  • JennMarieJennMarie Posts: 74 Member
    omg! Everyones builds are amazing! Its so inspiring!