Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC Not showing up in CAS

69withsatan69withsatan Posts: 8 New Member
Hi everyone, I have downloaded multiple .package files from many different sources, such as TSR. This CC is up-to-date with my TS4 version, and when I download them, they are already unzipped (obviously), and I go to Documents < Electronic Arts < The Sims 4 < Mods. Originally, I did not have a Packages folder in there. I have the Resource.cfg file in there. And in case that was the error, I deleted it, and restarted TS4 to allow a new Resource.cfg to be made. I have also tried deleting it and downloading a Resource.cfg file from the web (1 KB). I began putting all of my CC in the Mods folder, with TS4 not open. In TS4 I have mods checked, and when I open it I get the box that shows all of the mods running, where it says Maxis does not support mods bla bla bla. But anyways, I have a list of all my mods in there. Though not one CC item shows up in CAS/game. I have looked *everywhere* and I have many CC files, so I would have noticed at least one. They aren't showing up in the game but they are being recognized. I have also tried adding a Packages folder to the Mods folder and putting my CC in there, and a due the same results.

Comments

• 69withsatan69withsatan Posts: 8 New Member
    bump.
    I'd like to add that I just put in a background mod for CAS and it worked, however, none of my CC are working. And it can't be that they're bad because I grab from all over and they're up to date with my Sims.
    Help, anyone???
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Do you have your cc organized in folders within your mods folder?
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • rubysimmerrubysimmer Posts: 16 New Member
    i have the exact problem
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Moved to the new Mods Bugs & Issues section for better exposure :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • rubysimmerrubysimmer Posts: 16 New Member
    okay i fixed it! all i needed to do was update my game :)
    Mods work for me but not CC???
  • gracelovescatsgracelovescats Posts: 1 New Member
    I have the same issue. I downloaded a bunch of cc and made sure I did every step perfectly, which I did. Some of the cc showed up in cas but the majority of the cc didn't. What do I do?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I have the same issue. I downloaded a bunch of cc and made sure I did every step perfectly, which I did. Some of the cc showed up in cas but the majority of the cc didn't. What do I do?

Remove the CC that didn't show up. Not all CC is going to be compatible with the most recent game version.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    @69withsatan @rubysimmer @gracelovescats Has everyone checked to make sure CC is enabled in the game? This is a new action needed since the last update. Maxi's will disable CC when updating. So you will need to re-enable the CC. I know it sound like a pain but the alternative was removing the Mods folder every time the game was updated.

Open your Game; open the Options Menu; choose Game Options; Other; Check Enable Custom Content & Mods; Exit & Restart game
  • maddiem002maddiem002 Posts: 79 Member
    do you guys suddenly have a load of numbers appearing at the end of the file names?
  • maddiem002maddiem002 Posts: 79 Member
    Hey Guys! I found a solution if you have the problem I posted above. I just removed the numbers from the file names and they now all appear! @gracelovescats @69withsatan @rubysimmer :)
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I have a similar problem to this - I downloaded an edited version of a Spa Day hair - I spent ages searching for it in CAS despite putting the package file in 'Mods' but to no avail. I went back to the creator's site and she said it required Spa Day, so I thought 'Ah, okay'. But then, as I was playing, I saw a townie with that exact hair.. even though it is nowhere to be found in CAS. I've had this problem before - such as when I downloaded a jacket that won't appear in any of the clothing categories but will appear if I randomize my Sim and has appeared on random townies, so it must exist somewhere in the game..

Any solutions?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    edited March 2016
    @aaronjc123 My guess is that since it is a Maxis mesh, it may be available for townies. Since you apparently do not own Spa Day, it is not available to you.
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited March 2016
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    @aaronjc123 My guess is that since it is a Maxis mesh, it may be available for townies. Since you apparently do not own Spa Day, it is not available to you.

I suppose that makes sense - though I was actually able to get the hair by using the randomize tool in CAS.

This is the hair in question btw.. (used on Luna Villareal in Windenburg)

2ef66a20c4d54515a60f974b05405d62.png

• abbiex149abbiex149 Posts: 42 Member
    My CC isn't showing in the game most of it is clothes are here. They're showing up in the game when you click to see what CC you've got installed but if for example I put a dress on my sim then it's not showing. Hope someone can help.
    s62kc2.png
    28c10no.png
    vy2kxj.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hello @abbiex149
    Some of the cc is showing as sims 3 cc. Sims 3 cc doesnt work in sims 4. Remove the lillka sims 3 package file items.
    Then see if that helps the rest of the cc to appear and work correctly.
  • geakisthenewblacgeakisthenewblac Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a similar issue, but with hair. I've tried everything and cc is enabled but when I click on it, there's this colored area along the sides of the head but no hair, and I know it's compatible with this update because I have a friend with the same hair in question.
    I have a similar issue, but with hair. I've tried everything and cc is enabled but when I click on it, there's this colored area along the sides of the head but no hair, and I know it's compatible with this update because I have a friend with the same hair in question.

Hello @geakisthenewblac
    Try going back to the site where you downloaded the cc from and check to see if you also need to install the original mesh as well.
  • DamagedswatDamagedswat Posts: 2 New Member
    i googled this and found the answer on another site. the game might automatically disable mods/cc; you have to go to the game options -> other -> enable custom content and mods. you then have to restart the game for it to become enabled. there you go! :)
    i googled this and found the answer on another site. the game might automatically disable mods/cc; you have to go to the game options -> other -> enable custom content and mods. you then have to restart the game for it to become enabled. there you go! :)

Hello :)
    This is a link to information about it
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/861802/disable-mods-faq
  • CWS10101CWS10101 Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been trying to fix my Sims 4 for about an hour now. I've had the same issue it worked just fine a few hours ago when I was playing it. I downloaded some helpful mods and cc traits and after that all of a sudden my cc didn't show up but my mods seemed to be working.. All of my mods were from modthesims I downloaded MTS_plasticbox_1495213_pbox_notebook and _MoreTraitsMod-VersionTwo-Updated-4-21-16 both .package along with all the traits I downloaded. To try and fix it I moved all my mods into a separate folder then let the game regenerate a new Mods folder after that and I put them all back in and the game either didn't open or show my cc or mods when I double checked that mods were enabled. Any tips on how I can fix this, but still keep my CC/Mods?
    CWS10101 wrote: »
    I've been trying to fix my Sims 4 for about an hour now. I've had the same issue it worked just fine a few hours ago when I was playing it. I downloaded some helpful mods and cc traits and after that all of a sudden my cc didn't show up but my mods seemed to be working.. All of my mods were from modthesims I downloaded MTS_plasticbox_1495213_pbox_notebook and _MoreTraitsMod-VersionTwo-Updated-4-21-16 both .package along with all the traits I downloaded. To try and fix it I moved all my mods into a separate folder then let the game regenerate a new Mods folder after that and I put them all back in and the game either didn't open or show my cc or mods when I double checked that mods were enabled. Any tips on how I can fix this, but still keep my CC/Mods?

Hello.
    Try removing the mods and traits that you have just downloaded, then see if you can start the game and if the cc shows up.
    If it does, then exit the game and place the new mods one by one into the mods and then test to see if they cause an issue. Put one item in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • CWS10101CWS10101 Posts: 3 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    CWS10101 wrote: »

Hello.
    Try removing the mods and traits that you have just downloaded, then see if you can start the game and if the cc shows up.
    If it does, then exit the game and place the new mods one by one into the mods and then test to see if they cause an issue. Put one item in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

Thanks for that I have now figured out that any mods in my mods folder now does not work. I removed all mods and the game opened fine.
    Then I put the clothes back in (the ones I knew worked fine) and my game didn't respond.