Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny House Challenge

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    mskube wrote: »
    When I think of tiny houses I think of bold colors and clutter. I'm still working on the landscaping.

[img][/img]IM
    [img][/img]99glxy.png
    [img][/img]23hm5og.png

Love the colors and you have nailed the 'tiny' part for sure, very nice build.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Okay I didn't like the one I did, so I deleted it. I made a new one. It can still be towed but the entrance and exit is on the sides instead of the front. I have to wait for the new world to come out before I landscape it. This is on a 20X30 lot and I want to put it on a bigger lot.

2yyqqhk.jpg

s12gpj.jpg

2eghdgk.jpg

Thank you @Hermitgirl for your nice comment about the first lot.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I based mine on a RL mobile home at The Glen at Mt. Baker. For some reason I can't take screen shots in my build save. I think it's because there are no sims in it. You can download it in the gallery, and you can view it here.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    I did this years ago in TS3, my sims had a tiny house on the beach (I made it look like a retro RV).

I'd really love to do this in my challenge world with multiple tiny houses on one lot...maybe a super cute & colorful rv park :smiley:
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    I based mine on a RL mobile home at The Glen at Mt. Baker. For some reason I can't take screen shots in my build save. I think it's because there are no sims in it. You can download it in the gallery, and you can view it here.

It came out cute. Hopefully your game will let you take pics next build.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited June 2015

Thank you.
    I did this years ago in TS3, my sims had a tiny house on the beach (I made it look like a retro RV).

I'd really love to do this in my challenge world with multiple tiny houses on one lot...maybe a super cute & colorful rv park :smiley:

I created several tiny trailer parks (apartment zones) in S2. I just can't get enough of tiny homes. They're my passion.
    Everyone's houses look so nice! I'm going to save my house to my library and then decorate the lot. That way I'll have a lot to landscape with the telescope and rocket further from the house.

Thank you.

I created several tiny trailer parks (apartment zones) in S2. I just can't get enough of tiny homes. They're my passion.

Mine is decent starter houses, as in cost less than 20,000. That and decent family starter houses.

Thought of taking a shot at this challenge but just can't get into build mode. Not sure if it's due to our triple digit temps or the fact that s4 doesn't inspire me like 2 & 3 do. In 2 my passion was apartment building the more run down the better, or middle class boarding houses. B)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited June 2015
    Mine is decent starter houses, as in cost less than 20,000. That and decent family starter houses.

Thought of taking a shot at this challenge but just can't get into build mode. Not sure if it's due to our triple digit temps or the fact that s4 doesn't inspire me like 2 & 3 do. In 2 my passion was apartment building the more run down the better, or middle class boarding houses. B)

Oh. Me too. I have several 'slum' neighbourhoods and apartment buildings in S2. S4 makes everything look a little too perfect, IMO, but I do enjoy building in it. It's actually the only thing I enjoy doing with it these days. :\
    @kremesch73 I've pulled off one slightly run down build with s4 Cropper's Farm might even sort of fit the part of the tiny house goal of this challenge, but definitely not the full concept. I built it about a month or more ago ...... and my hubby just started Star Wars ..... Night all o:)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited June 2015
    Ok it's done and on the gallery. I called it small tiny breeze. Gallery ID: INDYANNA2

Fixed it, this is what it looks like.

25jb8sj.jpg

3448mmg.jpg

9icz5s.jpg

nmybyh.jpg
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
  • staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    edited June 2015
    I created a tiny house several months back loosely based on a house I saw on a diy show on tiny houses:

http://www.thesims.com/gallery/9ACFF7AFA5ED11E487676DBCC7E32CC7?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=staravia81&sortby=downloads&max=25

If the link doesn't work, it's under my origin name staravia81 and the lot is called "Tiny House."
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    How do you make streams?

I do use the fountain tool. I try to cover the edges in lots of plants to hide the ugly. :(

I like making little homes. This is the standard starter I usually build for my Sims:
    04-05-15_7-34nbspPM_zpsh19jm3pb.png
    This is my favorite of the three room challenge houses:
    11-17-14_7-46nbspPM_zpsd02dc145.png
    11-17-14_4-31nbspPM-2_zpsf5ff1fb0.png
    And this is a wee cabin on stilts:
    04-29-15_6-41nbspPM-2_zpsbbcyjlr2.png

Tiny houses are the most fun to build!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    Oh I love tiny house! I wish I'm not too late for this? I'm gonna making one now! X

I'm excited as this is gonna be my first build challenge!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    All these houses remind me of Michael Bachelor's house in The Sims 1. Maybe I would build one too tomorrow, cuz I've been building a lot today for Newcrest. :P
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    You know what would be great for tiny houses? Half levels. :confused:
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Wow, everyone's builds look awesome.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    You are all awesome!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @Munchy and @kremesch73 I love both your builds! I really love the lofted bed. I wish we had ladders back, I hope we get them soon.
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    @Munchy and @kremesch73 I love both your builds! I really love the lofted bed. I wish we had ladders back, I hope we get them soon.

I have several homes that make me wish I had ladders. I'd be in heaven with ladders.

I have several homes that make me wish I had ladders. I'd be in heaven with ladders.

I could make my 2x2 TARDIS house again.... :(

I could make my 2x2 TARDIS house again.... :(

YES PLEASE.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    (Here I am making requests not making tiny houses! Bad me. But you're all so good at this!)