Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

VGryphon's Gift banners thread.

VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 3 Store Gifting
Hello, my name is Eric. As you can tell, I go by @VGryphon on these forums. :smile: I actually look a lot like my avatar. :smile:

I don't get a lot of sim point ads, but I have received many, many wonderful gifts from a lot of people here. I was trying to think of a way that I could give back to the community. So after giving @NagyGina (Mya) a banner for her Gift of Creation Game, I thought that I might spread the joy around a bit.

Rules:
  • I'll do my best to keep the file size down so that the forums don't slow down too much for those with slower internet connections.
  • Banner size will be 639 pixels wide by 74 pixels high.
  • Posting in here will not guarantee a banner, but I will do my best to fill requests.
  • I might not get to your request right away. This is a free time thing for me, and sometimes I have other demands on my time.
  • I might get to the banners out of order. This will likely be an inspiration issue or I might need to ask some questions.
  • I retain rights to the images, as I will want to include some of these in my portfolio as well.
  • Gifting me is NOT a requirement, but gifts are always appreciated.
  • You can request on another's behalf, but I would rather you ask for yourself.
  • At my choice, I will limit the number of banners made for any one person.
  • Please limit requests to once a month for yourself.
  • I may make special banners that haven't been requested, at my discretion. These do not count toward the limit.

Request form:
  • Username?
  • What would you like for text on the banner?
  • What are your favorite themes?
  • What are your favorite Colors?
  • What are your dislikes?
  • Any Additional Details? (Like is this for a game?)
  • If you would like a sim to be included, please include a picture with a solid white background.

Edit:

Instructions on how to use your new signature image:
  • Go to your profile page.
  • In the top-right there is a little figure, click on it.
  • Select "Preferences" from the resulting pull-down.
  • Click on "SIGNATURE SETTINGS" which will open up a text box.
  • Put the link to the image in this text box, surrounded by the [ img ] and [ /img ] tags.
    Example:
    [img] http://i.imgur.com/MXxll3K.png [/img]

I hope this helps.
I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
XmKUks3.jpg
Click here to request a signature banner.
Post edited by VGryphon on

Comments

• VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    edited June 2015
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    edited June 2015
    Reserved for waiting requests.

Pending Requests:
    @anettesb
    Post edited by VGryphon on
    XmKUks3.jpg
    All finished set up! Feel free to start requesting. :smile:
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2015
    looking nice

wonder if this some day would have potential in an update for the nomination game
    goddess-card-birthday-bubble-flower-josephine-wall-front-KE-38245.jpg

I love the one you made, but maybe it be worth chaning it up ones every month or 2.....

and then chaning the banner in post one to match (thoe that would make 2 difrent sizes)

would it be posible to ask for that at some point?
    Post edited by anettesb on
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • FoxyLovesKittyFoxyLovesKitty Posts: 889 Member
    What a cool idea! The banners look great too.
    anettesb wrote: »
    I love the one you made, but maybe it be worth chaning it up ones every month or 2.....

and then chaning the banner in post one to match (thoe that would make 2 difrent sizes)

Yes, it would certainly be possible.
    XmKUks3.jpg
    VGryphon wrote: »

Yes, it would certainly be possible.

well then lets make it a date in a month or 2 ;)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • UnseenHorizonUnseenHorizon Posts: 212 Member
    edited June 2015
    Request form:

* Username?
    Angel_Shades

* What are your favorite themes?
    Quite fond of a space/galaxy type theme
    * What are your favorite Colors?

Purple and black
    * What are your dislikes?
    I don't like borders on signatures too much.

* Any Additional Details? (like is this for a game?)
    Nope.

* If you would like a sim to be included, please include a picture with a solid white background.
    No thanks.

Can't add signatures to my posts just yet so take your time please - there's really no rush! :)
    "Hosting indoor firework shows since '00"
    Currently trying to pick up The Sims 3 again :)

You can find me lurking around The Sims 3 board, feel free to say hi!
    I knew I forgot something!

@Angel_Shades what, if anything do you want on the banner? Just your name or something else?
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • angelette1angelette1 Posts: 152 Member
    edited June 2015
    Username?Angelette1
    What are your favorite themes?Fantasy (unicorns,fairies,etc), Gothic (vampires,etc.)
    What are your favorite Colors? black,red,blue
    What are your dislikes? anything too 'cutesie'
    Any Additional Details? (like is this for a game?)this will be for my sims games only pretty much. if maybe these 2 sims could be incorporated into it? http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8565378 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8565361 Thank you
    Angelette Carter
    @VGryphon My name as well as a plumbob next to it.

That I can do! Added both @Angel_Shades and @angelette1 .

@angelette1, I'm going to assume that you want the names of your characters on the banner or did you just want your name?
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited June 2015
    looking nice

wonder if this some day would have potential in an update for the nomination game

Wow Anette, I made a wall mural for sims 2 of that pic, always loved it too. I tended to use it in teen girls rooms, but have used it for other rooms as well.

@VGryphon so nice of you to do this. Firstly I would like to say there is no hurry at all, feel free to take care of others first.
    Username? TnT_Terry
    What are your favorite themes? Celtic, Viking or breast cancer
    What are your favorite Colors? Any shades of greens & blues
    What are your dislikes? yellow, too girly or too gory
    Any Additional Details? (like is this for a game?)this will be for sims only. Maybe you could incorporate a plumbob into it like my present one? Doesn't have to be green as it would depend on which theme you choose...ie pink for BC, etc.
    my hubby made the one I have in my siggy now, but that was at the start of sims 3 and I am ready for a change. This one will always be special to me, but it's time for change ;)
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
    @VGryphon Thanks :)

• NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    This is such an awesome thread Eric! :)

I guess I should put in my request for next month (just do everyone else's first, I am patient)...

Username? NagyGina
    What would you like for text on the banner? Gift of Creation Game
    What are your favorite themes? For this one: 4th of July Fireworks
    What are your favorite Colors? Purples & Greens (and cannot forget my little bro's favorite: Red) ;)
    What are your dislikes? Not really a dislike, but I prefer old-fashioned to modern or futuristic.
    Any Additional Details? (Like is this for a game?) It is for the Gift of Creation Game
    If you would like a sim to be included, please include a picture with a solid white background. No Sims needed, but could you please also make a larger banner that has the same fireworks shooting up in the sky over any type body of water (I grew up on the east coast and would often go to Wildwood, NJ or Lake Lenape in Mays Landing, NJ to watch the fireworks)? But it does not necessarily have to be of either of those places. Perhaps, maybe one from Cali (I have not been there yet).

Thank you again, for all your help with the game, and every thread I see you in! :kissing_heart:

Big Pixel Hugs! <3
  • SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    This is so wonderfull idea VGryphon! Maybe I need to enable pictures in signatures again when your banners start to show up here and there.

I don't know and that's why I need to ask, if the banners could be links? Or can you put a banner in signature and links before or after it?
    You can put a banner image where the link text goes. You can even have one link hold both the banner image and text. And you can have the image before or after any text or links in your signature.
    XmKUks3.jpg
    XmKUks3.jpg
    XmKUks3.jpg
    @VGryphon Love it! <3

Yay! I'm happy you enjoy it!
    XmKUks3.jpg
    question, if people wanted an avartar would you make that?
    after all on this new site all they need to do is downloaded it, and then go to edit avatar.
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    Thanks hon. That was very sweet of you. The banners look great. Sorry for my v delayed v response. I'm at work. :smiley:
    YShQCz1.png
    question, if people wanted an avartar would you make that?
    after all on this new site all they need to do is downloaded it, and then go to edit avatar.
    I could do that. An image is generally the same steps to make either an avatar or signature banner. Just the dimensions are different.
    Thanks hon. That was very sweet of you. The banners look great. Sorry for my v delayed v response. I'm at work. :smiley:
    No problem! I should really be sleeping at the moment.
    XmKUks3.jpg