Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge

Comments

• have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    I would think that crafting furniture is fine, but to sell or put in family inventory. Otherwise what would be the purpose of seating limits? I would think that applies to skill items as career rewards also. If you get an easel from work, it should replace one you already have. This is just an opinion. :)

It seems to me like I did hang some of the paintings my Sim did that his job made him do that had an aura.

The challenge I did is on page 4 of this thread. I decided to keep playing after the challenge was over. Between the paintings my Sim did, his produce, and money earned by the household, I bought a huge house with all nice stuff and played for quite a while.

:)

• wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    I haven't added the chairs I crafted, but the seating limit doesn't seem to bother my sims anyway, they just go sit on the beds and read/chat/whatever. I have hung my emotional paintings, but I don't use the aura, although I'm tempted to put the angry/playful one in the foyer for some potential drama when anyone goes upstairs/comes home.
    My other sims don't even touch my easels anyway, I bought 2 thinking I'd have to fight over them.. but nope! They also have not once picked up the guitar. The only skill item that they've used is the chess table.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • katakata Posts: 25 Member
    I just started this challenge yesterday, and it's really bugging me that the time doesn't go to turbo speed because somebody is always awake. I feel like most of the time I'm just sitting there waiting for my sim to wake up or come home from work. Maybe I'll have her quit her job...
    I didn't make the other inmates get a job because I thought they then would definitely die, but they are taking care of themselves surprisingly well. I remember back when I played Sims 2 that unplayed sims were always about to die.
  • queloryquelory Posts: 4 New Member
    Yeah, my crazies are doing quite well for themselves. What comes to work, one got sack, two got demoted, but one got promoted twice already.
    I'm wondering if I can decorate my ward a bit with the money my crazies have earned? I did upgrade few electronics already as it was required to own at least 3000$ worth of electronics for the aspiration anyway.

Only one of the crazies has picked the easel. Rest stick with punching bag, chess, tv and computer. A few times they've also repaired something and taken trash out. Happy we can afford a maid now though.
  • simswithcheesesimswithcheese Posts: 79 Member
    Well I just came back to a whole heap of notifications :D Sorry for the wait! Also I noticed that the post is almost at 50k views, awesome! :)

Just another reminder that upgrading items with the handiness skill is allowed, you can use the replace option but that costs more money!

With the woodworking table you can either sell the things your Sim makes or you can keep them around the asylum.

@MocaJava Chairs used for chess tables and computers don't count towards the total number of chairs

@LemmyLouch @Selenaxoxo Yes, your Sim can continue their life after the asylum, it's your choice!

@Hashtag Sparkle-Cupcakes Benefit from their promotion, it doesn't matter if they do.

@Pia Sims If you want to translate the challenge that's ok :smile:

@amberrosalie 1) Yes, I need to add that to the rules 2) The cheapest which isn't custom content (since it can cost $1), expansion pack content is fine.

@AestheticSimmee Just send them home immediately, relationships are fine, and using satisfaction points are fine as well

Chairs used for chess tables and computers don't count towards the total number of chairs

LOL. I was counting mine into the total. Guess my sims'll be happy they can have 3 more chairs!
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    wyn wrote: »
    Chairs used for chess tables and computers don't count towards the total number of chairs

LOL. I was counting mine into the total. Guess my sims'll be happy they can have 3 more chairs!

Me 2 LOL

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • guccifaithguccifaith Posts: 2 New Member
    I started this last week, all is doing well, only one sim has died of embarrassment, and hopefully no one else dies, haha. Anyways, I have a question: Can your main sim have a child, get married, etc?
  • queloryquelory Posts: 4 New Member
    I think it was answered before that no unless that child would also become a patient and that you can't play it.

I took a day off from my game. I'm doing my 2nd whole aspiration and I'm stuck with Renessaince Sim's have 3 careers at level 3 or something like that. It doesn't seem to validate even though I'm on my 3rd job and have reached level 3.

I also counted computer chairs and chess chairs towards the number, so happy to have a few additions.
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    sims can nap on chairs?
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Kaile wrote: »
    sims can nap on chairs?
    Yep

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2015
    **** I think if you keep getting better stuff with the money, that sims wont die as quickly. Also, would result in longer gameplay on just one challenge.You want one sim...to be the last Sim Standing. "And you're free." And get to keep all the leftover money you didn't spend on better furniture for those other sims.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    kata wrote: »
    I just started this challenge yesterday, and it's really bugging me that the time doesn't go to turbo speed because somebody is always awake. I feel like most of the time I'm just sitting there waiting for my sim to wake up or come home from work. Maybe I'll have her quit her job...
    I didn't make the other inmates get a job because I thought they then would definitely die, but they are taking care of themselves surprisingly well. I remember back when I played Sims 2 that unplayed sims were always about to die.

This is driving me nuts too, and honestly making it a lot less fun for me. I wish there was an option to do turbo speed at any time because the fastest fast forward just isn't fast enough.

I'm doing hard mode but I'm not getting the level of chaos i was hoping for. I've put a few more restrictions on myself to make it more interesting, like if I go to bed and something breaks, I don't wake my Sim up to repair it, it just stays that way until she's rested. I realize I may be biting myself in the backside later on by doing that but I need MORE SUFFERING >:)

MocaJava wrote: »
    I'm doing hard mode but I'm not getting the level of chaos i was hoping for. I've put a few more restrictions on myself to make it more interesting, like if I go to bed and something breaks, I don't wake my Sim up to repair it, it just stays that way until she's rested. I realize I may be biting myself in the backside later on by doing that but I need MORE SUFFERING >:)
    I'm actually watching someone on youtube do the challenge, and she imposed a rule on herself that she only fixes something if her playable sim needs it. She also takes out the beds between 8am-8pm lol.

I just finished this challenge the other day, it wasn't that bad once I was able to use my handiness to upgrade things. I'll upload the pics and put them in an imgur album and link it here later.
  • MemorialTunic84MemorialTunic84 Posts: 3 New Member
    I just started this challenge yesterday after seeing a couple episodes of the English simmers Let's Play. This is my first official attempt at a challenge. So far it seems pretty fun. I love reading all the posts about other people's assylums. To all the fellow simmers currently working on this challenge, "Good luck and keep posting."
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited June 2015
    MocaJava wrote: »
    I'm actually watching someone on youtube do the challenge, and she imposed a rule on herself that she only fixes something if her playable sim needs it.

Oh my, yes. I am so doing this.

Edit: Just started it and everything is broken now! CHAOS MWAHAHAHA
    Post edited by MocaJava on
  • Pyur_JeniusPyur_Jenius Posts: 101 Member
    edited June 2015
    I found this today (thanks to TheEnglishSimmer on Youtube) in an attempt to make S4 any kind of fun because i refuse to pay $39 more to get aliens, grrr. I appreciate you guys who have given feedback on this, it will help me plan this better and really help my chances of enjoyment.

Edit: P.S. I'm playing this on hard mode. Anyone else?
    Post edited by Pyur_Jenius on
    Jaz_in_SG-captioned%20copy_zps0ecd2f78.jpg

Greed destroys everything it touches.
    Gallery Link: PyurJenius
  • MemorialTunic84MemorialTunic84 Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm playing on medium mode but I'm very tempted to restart with only 7 insane sims and one non insane who would be a caretaker/handyman/cook/housekeeper. I figure I could make the caretaker evil and flirty. I would control him and he could try to start affairs with the residents. I guess this would be majorly messing with the challenge rules though. I'm getting really frustrated with the need to fix broken things all the time. My main sim doesn't have time for social interaction because she's always either fixing things or painting to make money to pay bills. Have any of you decided to put a caretaker in your asylum?
    I'm playing on medium mode but I'm very tempted to restart with only 7 insane sims and one non insane who would be a caretaker/handyman/cook/housekeeper. I figure I could make the caretaker evil and flirty. I would control him and he could try to start affairs with the residents. I guess this would be majorly messing with the challenge rules though. I'm getting really frustrated with the need to fix broken things all the time. My main sim doesn't have time for social interaction because she's always either fixing things or painting to make money to pay bills. Have any of you decided to put a caretaker in your asylum?

It starts out this way, but you quickly build up your handiness too, so you can upgrade the items to break less. I remember the first in-game week or so, my sim barely knew anyone because once she got home she had to fix things, eat, and then get to bed so she could get to work again, lol. Her fun was pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for a while, when she was at work I tended to turn on whichever option it was that gave "fun". Also, I used her aspiration points and bought "Never Weary" first, so I had time to actually DO the aspiration challenges :P
  • EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member
    This has probably already been asked but are we allowed to level up in our own career? Or is nobody allowed to level up?
    Eminik wrote: »
    This has probably already been asked but are we allowed to level up in our own career? Or is nobody allowed to level up?

It's allowed, some of the aspirations require you to be a certain promotion level in a specific field.
    Have any of you decided to put a caretaker in your asylum?
    I am all in for the letter of the law on the hard mode, partially because i accidentally made it a bit easier on myself with the aspiration i chose for my controllable. I made her aspiration mischief which is, so far, proving very easy to work on while keeping the household afloat. So i'm commited to going it without any cheats. I'll just save strategically if i get in a tough spot, i think.

You can also give your residents traits + aspirations that are likely to earn the household money like painting and gardening and on easy and medium maids are allowed.

It's allowed, some of the aspirations require you to be a certain promotion level in a specific field.
    I'll add that it depends on your chosen difficulty level, i think. In hard mode you can only take employment if your controllable's aspiration requires a job, otherwise you have to make money only at the asylum from gardening, creating and i assume collecting right on the lot and from collecting from other lots only between 12 and 3 a.m. In that regard i may end up finding i also made it harder on myself, lol: So far there's no job requirement for mischief or requirement to travel to other lots where everyone could get refreshed and loot some collectibles.

• EminikEminik Posts: 181 Member

I'll add that it depends on your chosen difficulty level, i think. In hard mode you can only take employment if your controllable's aspiration requires a job, otherwise you have to make money only at the asylum from gardening, creating and i assume collecting right on the lot and from collecting from other lots only between 12 and 3 a.m. In that regard i may end up finding i also made it harder on myself, lol: So far there's no job requirement for mischief or requirement to travel to other lots where everyone could get refreshed and loot some collectibles.
    [/quote]

Thank you both! I'm playing on medium mode but I'm only letting my controllable sim have a job. Makng it a bit harder on myself. I'm only 2 sim days in and I've already had sims pass out as well as pee themselves because the bathroom was occupied. This challenge is definitely going to be a fun one!
    sims can nap on chairs?

Yes, and i found out today they can also sleep in the bathtub. :D

• RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    sims can nap on chairs?

Yes, and i found out today they can also sleep in the bathtub. :D

Yes, they sure can. The first time I had one of my Sims fall asleep in the bathtub I thought for sure they were going to die of drowning. lol I love all the little things you can see in this game still even after it being out for several months. :smiley: