Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    Arefa wrote: »
    @Zita1966z That is such a great idea to have all the pictures in one convenient place altogether! I will definitely check that out! :)

@Skyfri_Himmel I had to re-upload my entry to get it to work. Once I saw the new one work, I took down my first one that didn't work. Yeah, I don't know what happened? I think something just glitched with my first upload when I shared it. The second one worked perfectly fine right away.
    Yeah im thinking there might have been a glitch just around the time we put up our builds.
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    O WOW! So many entries and they are all so great! Hats of to @Zita1966z and @Isssabella14 for creating such a great thread. The support testifies to the success. Now for the bad news....how the heck are you guys going to judge and separate all these lovely entries? I watched the video and every-time a new house pops up I want that one to win. Can not wait to see the outcome and there is still a whole 5 days left. :)
  • SnappSimzSnappSimz Posts: 1,237 Member
    SnappSimz wrote: »
    I just sent in an entry but it hasn't shown up D: where is it?????????????

Hi @SnappSimz, I have experienced my post disappearing too when I first started posting my builds. So here is a bit of advise, first save your entry on word and then copy and past just the written brief first and save your post. Then edit and add your photo, links ect. That normally work for me. Hope this helps :)

It does help, but... it's a little too late.
    HELLO. I HAVE RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SnappSimzSnappSimz Posts: 1,237 Member
    Okay, I just tried again, and apparently my post has to be approved first. Odd.
    HELLO. I HAVE RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    SnappSimz wrote: »
    Okay, I just tried again, and apparently my post has to be approved first. Odd.

Hello @SnappSimz .
    Try writing some text , post it, then come back and edit in the pictures to the post. That can help to prevent the approval message.
  • SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    Ok so I've seen all the lovely houses from the competition. I think I'm going to give this one a try. I might even record my build and then post it on my Youtube channel if that's ok with the creators of the challenge @Zita1966z and @Issabella14
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    SimmerPT wrote: »
    Ok so I've seen all the lovely houses from the competition. I think I'm going to give this one a try. I might even record my build and then post it on my Youtube channel if that's ok with the creators of the challenge @Zita1966z and @Issabella14

Hi @SimmerPT, welcome to our thread. You are more than welcome to post your build on your Youtube channel. Looking forward to your entry :)
  • ArefaArefa Posts: 35 Member
    @rosemow Thank you so much for reposting my post so the pictures are visible! Very much appreciated. Also, thank you so much for the lovely comments on my build! I'm so happy that many of the little details that I put in were noticed! :)

@Kaile Thank you for the comments on my build!

@professorlilith Thank you for the insight on the glitches with the gallery. I will remember that for next time. From what everyone is saying, it is not something that will just sort itself out. So next time, if it doesn't work straight away, I'll just take it down... wait... then try again to share it until it does decide to work.
    zE5f3I7.jpg
    View my other creations on the Sims 4 Gallery or by using #arefa
    Origin ID: Arefa86
    I want to make a thread with my builds (i know this is hardly the place to ask, but i dont know where else) and i dont know how to upload my pictures. do i have to put them up on some website first? Like photobucket?

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^

• Heather3184Heather3184 Posts: 431 Member
    edited June 2015
    For some reason my link is still not showing up on thesims4.com gallery. It has me really upset. :(@Zita1966z
    Post edited by Heather3184 on
    bea341.jpg
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    I want to make a thread with my builds (i know this is hardly the place to ask, but i dont know where else) and i dont know how to upload my pictures. do i have to put them up on some website first? Like photobucket?

I use Imgur.com you don't have to create an account and it lets you upload your photos then you can right click and copy image url. Hope that helps.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

I use Imgur.com you don't have to create an account and it lets you upload your photos then you can right click and copy image url. Hope that helps.
    thank you, but i dont quite understand the system on that website :/

• lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Hi @Skyfri_Himmel lots of us use photo bucket. I guess it's what ever one feels right to you :) I like photo bucket because you can make albums and slideshows for each individual build and on the side it has all the url's for you to copy with just a click. Hope you figure all out soon!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

lisa17ann wrote: »
    Hi @Skyfri_Himmel lots of us use photo bucket. I guess it's what ever one feels right to you :) I like photo bucket because you can make albums and slideshows for each individual build and on the side it has all the url's for you to copy with just a click. Hope you figure all out soon!
    Yes i created an account on Photobucket, but the problem is that when i test out the url's for the pictures in addressbar, it fails. So i dont know if i am doing something wrong, and if i am, what is that?

• SimmingWithStarsSimmingWithStars Posts: 439 Member
    Zita1966z wrote: »
    I have to try this. Let me know when the first challenge/build is released on the gallery. PM me! :D

@lavenderbag Challenge 1is released on the gallery :)

Yay!!
    Currently doing one of the following:
      - Eating - Sleeping - Simming - Reading - Watching 90s Sitcoms - Drinking tea - Wearing socks.
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2015
    E N T R Y F O R M
    Under Renovation: Challenge 1
    Origin ID: Hiddensimsrealm
    Forum ID: Kaile
    Links:
    Gallery
    Slideshow
    Street name of build: 244 Stone Brooke Drive
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects on, bb.showhiddenobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunloacksentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $132,655
    Would you like to receive any critique? yes please
    Space for 3 Advertising pictures:
    05-26-15_9-28nbspPM-5_zps6ybxquo9.png
    05-26-15_9-35nbspPM-2_zps0ojgmgwb.png
    05-26-15_9-36nbspPM-3_zpswwlakm9g.png

Disqualified
    thought the budget was $500,000.00 :/ not $50,000.00.... I knew the budget was too high.
    I guess since there was no comma I misread it? idk :/ count me out this round....
    I'll try to do better for challenge 2

@Kaile I love the exterior of the house :smile: So creative. Especially the flowers on the second floor.

• KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    thank you @Skyfri_Himmel
    @Kaile my house got past the budget too as i didn't see all of the first message explaining the rules, so you are not alone. :wink:

• OoohDeathOoohDeath Posts: 55 Member
    edited June 2015
    Origin ID: OoohDeath
    Forum ID: OoohDeath
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/browse?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=OoohDeath&sortby=downloads&max=25
    Street name of build: 333 Magnolia St.
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects on
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 49,744
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/knOlC0e.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WrNusAa.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SgB4Fhh.png[/IMG]

Despite the fact that I used absolutely no CC, the little box that says modded is checked and won't let me uncheck it. I went over my house a dozen times and didn't find anything. I think it's because I have a mod that makes the base game lockers into functional wardrobes.

Edit: Ok, so my post looked completely different when I previewed it.
    c4c8b0c9796f9ae79dbc7b917589e3e3.jpg
    Yes i created an account on Photobucket, but the problem is that when i test out the url's for the pictures in addressbar, it fails. So i dont know if i am doing something wrong, and if i am, what is that?

Hello @Skyfri_Himmel :) Use the IMG code that comes with the picture. Then post the codes in your thread post.
    When posting pictures in a thread, it helps if you write some text, post it, then come back and edit in the photos. It prevents the " post needs approval" post.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Skyfri_Himmel :) Use the IMG code that comes with the picture. Then post the codes in your thread post.
    When posting pictures in a thread, it helps if you write some text, post it, then come back and edit in the photos. It prevents the " post needs approval" post.
    Oh thank you so much! I'll try that :smile:

Although you can't enter it in the contest, 244 Stone Brooke Drive is very nice! @Kaile :) The roofing, colour and the texture of the exterior looks very nice! The flowers look very pretty lining the edges of the front footpath and the edges of the home building! The curved fencing on the front porch looks nice. Very nice master bedroom! The brown colour scheme of the room looks very nice. It looks nice how you have placed bookcases either sides of the bed in the corner nooks, and the plants on the bedside tables are nice touches of green in the room. It is a nice light filled room for sims to enjoy the sunlight coming in through the windows when they wake up in the mornings. The kids room is very nice! The pink and blue colour scheme of the room is pretty! The heart teddy looks cute sitting on the armchair! The giraffe in the corner of the room looks cute too! The paintings on the bedside wall are nice for the kids to see when laying in bed. They will enjoy dining artwork on the art table.
    The home is very nice :)
    OoohDeath wrote: »
    Origin ID: OoohDeath
    Forum ID: OoohDeath
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/browse?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=OoohDeath&sortby=downloads&max=25
    Street name of build: 333 Magnolia St.
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects on
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 49,744
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure!

knOlC0e.png
    WrNusAa.png
    SgB4Fhh.png

Despite the fact that I used absolutely no CC, the little box that says modded is checked and won't let me uncheck it. I went over my house a dozen times and didn't find anything. I think it's because I have a mod that makes the base game lockers into functional wardrobes.

Edit: Ok, so my post looked completely different when I previewed it.

I will repost your pictures for you @OohDeath and see if it will turn up when I post them.