The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3x3 Build Challenge

Has anyone else heard about the 3x3 Build Challenge?

If not, there's three rules:
1: Each room must 3 tiles wide, can be as long as you want
2. Must have the necessities in the house (kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom)
3. Have fun

I would really like to see some of your creations in this challenge, if you've done it.

I've gave it a try, and you can see my result right here.

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I thought you were building a tiny house that is very popular on TV shows. Everything in one room but the bath. Your house looks good, I may download it for NC.
  • ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    your house has rooms that seem to be way more than 3 tiles wide...?
    adorably cute house though! definitely will download :)
    you're ele-phantastic
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Cute house, but those rooms aren't 3 tiles wide? Maybe I'm just not understanding...
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Each room must be only 3 X 3 tiles. Gee, we really can park a city bus in there. :D
  • TrendniqGamesTrendniqGames Posts: 82 Member
    @Dannydanbo - I thought it should be a small house too, but that's not how the rules are, haha :D

@ambrown - If you read the rules, the house doens't need to be 3x3. It's the challenges name, but the rules is that a room only has to be 3 tiles one way, the other way can be as long ad you want them to by. My rooms are open, but they're not more than 3 tiles in one of the ways :p But I'm glad you like it :D

@jessathemessa - I refer to my answer to ambrown :)

@sunman502 - No no, yeah room has to be 3x? tiles, haha - even though the name says it, the rules are, that only one way of your home has to be 3 tiles :) I know it's a bit stupid, but i'm not the one who created the challenge, I just completed my challenge ;)
  • 0Chloe0Chloe Posts: 1,922 Member
    At first when I read this title, I thought it meant a 3x3 square house build challenge. I was like, this challenge sounds terrible. Haha!
    nR9bj3xc5JPW0.gif
  • BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    Ooh I have to try this! I'll do today! :D
    giphy.gif
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    @trendniqgames Ohh! Haha. Makes sense! Lovely house, I think I'll try out this challenge!
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Interesting idea! Your house turned out pretty well too, I would have never thought you built it with those restrictions.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Each room mus
    @Dannydanbo - I thought it should be a small house too, but that's not how the rules are, haha :D

@ambrown - If you read the rules, the house doens't need to be 3x3. It's the challenges name, but the rules is that a room only has to be 3 tiles one way, the other way can be as long ad you want them to by. My rooms are open, but they're not more than 3 tiles in one of the ways :p But I'm glad you like it :D

@jessathemessa - I refer to my answer to ambrown :)

@sunman502 - No no, yeah room has to be 3x? tiles, haha - even though the name says it, the rules are, that only one way of your home has to be 3 tiles :) I know it's a bit stupid, but i'm not the one who created the challenge, I just completed my challenge ;)
    I wasn't saying that you were the one who started this challenge. I was just joking when I had made that comment about 3 X 3 tile rooms and parking a city bus in there. :)

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I really like this idea. I once challenged myself to a 2x3 build that I just uploaded today since I finally turned the game on again to try an experiment. I'm going to do this one too.

If you're interested in seeing the 2x3 one, it's here. The outside of the building looks a little plain compared to yours, but I'm still happy with it.

I'll post my 3x3 when it's done. It will give me something to do today. :)
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    0Chloe wrote: »
    At first when I read this title, I thought it meant a 3x3 square house build challenge. I was like, this challenge sounds terrible. Haha!

Now I want to try that! How functional can I make a 3x3 home? ;)
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
    okay, here's my 3x challenge. Hope I did it right.

View link here
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2015
    Piperbird1 wrote: »
    0Chloe wrote: »

Now I want to try that! How functional can I make a 3x3 home? ;)

Single bed on one side.
    Shower in corner
    Toilet in corner
    fridge in between the above two
    sink at foot of bed
    door on opposite wall

??

It *might* actually be possible.

Edit: cancel that, sink would be in front of the toilet, doesn't really work, so close
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
    SpidersWeb wrote: »
    Single bed on one side.
    Shower in corner
    Toilet in corner
    fridge in between the above two
    sink at foot of bed
    door on opposite wall

??

It *might* actually be possible.

It's very possible. It's even possible to play in a 2x3 room build. Did you know sims can scoot across the double beds in S4? You can place a double bed in a 3x3 room and still have a couple sleep in it. It's a bit cumbersome, but it works. Woohooing doesn't though.
  • SpidersWebSpidersWeb Posts: 1,027 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    It's very possible. It's even possible to play in a 2x3 room build. Did you know sims can scoot across the double beds in S4? You can place a double bed in a 3x3 room and still have a couple sleep in it. It's a bit cumbersome, but it works. Woohooing doesn't though.

Awesome.
    Performance, Price, Portability - pick two.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    SpidersWeb wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Awesome.

If the woohooing is initiated in a different room, sims (at least my sims) won't have problems with the bed in a small room as long as there is 1/2 a tile space on each side of the bed.

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    This is really a great challenge. I looked carefully at both, and I can see 3x everywhere. But I can't say 3x3, as some areas going into other areas doesn't make it 3x3. But it does make it 3x everywhere. Great jobs @TrendniqGames and @Kremesch73! Thank you for letting us download and learning these space saving techniques!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Reminds me of a competition from back in TS1 where you had to build 'slums' and the winner was a Sim who lived under a highway lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Gave it a try just now. I think it came out pretty well :3 I left the backyard somewhat un-landscaped, so you can add a space ship or kids stuff.

ts0gQFB.png
    VxEDDB9.png
    GN4mPV4.png
    4MFUAaq.png
    vmbPBZf.png
    KFhXAN2.png
    8VjSE8V.png

Gallery Link

Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • StrangeGirlSimmerStrangeGirlSimmer Posts: 15 New Member
    > @0Chloe said:
    > At first when I read this title, I thought it meant a 3x3 square house build challenge. I was like, this challenge sounds terrible. Haha!

Actually, it's not. If you look up some of TheSimSupply's videos, I think he actually made a successful 3x3 house.
    > @0Chloe said:
    > At first when I read this title, I thought it meant a 3x3 square house build challenge. I was like, this challenge sounds terrible. Haha!

This is a secondary comment, but yeah. The Sim Supply has a video titled "The Sims 4 House Building - 3x3 Puny House" that shows how you can make a literal 3x3 house that is fully functional.
    > @SpidersWeb said:
    > Piperbird1 wrote: »
    >
    > 0Chloe wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Now I want to try that! How functional can I make a 3x3 home? ;)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Single bed on one side.
    > Shower in corner
    > Toilet in corner
    > fridge in between the above two
    > sink at foot of bed
    > door on opposite wall
    >
    > ??
    >
    > It *might* actually be possible.
    >
    > Edit: cancel that, sink would be in front of the toilet, doesn't really work, so close

Actually, it does work. Check out The Sim Supply's "The Sims 4 House Building - 3x3 Puny House" video.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited May 2016
    Sorry for bumping this ancient thread, but I've read about this challenge way back when it started and found it interesting at first. It somehow lingered and it was only recently that I really wanted to try it, which I finally did.
    I added a couple of "threes" and made 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms ;)
    14v5t20.jpg
    30w6l5f.jpg
    2yngggj.jpg
    9vh1t3.jpg
    15331ao.jpg
    2mw5yrl.jpg
    Gallery link | Showcase link
    Post edited by MDianaSims on
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited April 2016
    Here's a quick 3 x 3 fully functional home I made. Requires Outdoor Retreat and Get Together.

SY7JHTs.jpg

DETXbrq.jpg

N9gEqlx.jpg

IZkaoJb.jpg

Fully functional for the basics, especially if you have a Dancer or Lazy Sim that gets special naps. The bush from Get Together provides the place to nap, woohoo, and bladder relief all in one. The cooler provides endless food and drink and a place to sit while eating. The computer provides entertainment and career opportunties. And the shower is self explanitory. I tested it and my Sim can use any of the items.

Edit/Addition: I forgot to mention that this includes the best computer and shower available and is only $15,000-something, so it makes for a starter home too.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.