Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Earning Tips from Comedy

I haven't found this anywhere else on the forums but apologize if it's a duplicate.

My Sim has level 8 Comedy Skill and level 5 Charisma and I have her using the mic to "Tell Jokes" and "Perform Routine" ALL THE TIME. She does it in the park, at the lounges, at home to friends etc. I CANNOT for the life of me earn a single tip. I even controlled her roommate and had them watch her perform and I was not even able to force them to tip her.

Any suggestions? Am I the only one with this problem?

Comments

• sassecatsassecat Posts: 24 Member
    My comedian sim didn't have a problem... She got her $100 tip (required for career) from one sim. I did notice an option on the computer to improve her routines, maybe try that?
  • Kahnefan20039Kahnefan20039 Posts: 24 Member
    I couldn't get any tips from comedy either, he had to learn the piano to get tip for the job promotion.
  • DiSoAngelDiSoAngel Posts: 746 Member
    sassecat wrote: »
    My comedian sim didn't have a problem... She got her $100 tip (required for career) from one sim. I did notice an option on the computer to improve her routines, maybe try that?
    That sim was a super fan! My tips for guitar came from different sims.
  • The_EmperatorThe_Emperator Posts: 8 New Member
    Took me some time to figure out. I realized that when i just "tell jokes" I don't earn tips. But performing routines does. You have to make sure that you let the entire routine run its course and that there are sims listening to what you are saying. They usually have a microphone bubble on their heads. When your Sim has finished his/her routine, you will see a little +xxx$$ added to your family funds..that's your tips.
  • celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    I brought a microphone and placed it in the park and he got 75$ before he finished his routine, Then sold the mic. I was wondering how to put the mic in inventory or do I have purchase one every time?
  • AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    celeste821 wrote: »
    I brought a microphone and placed it in the park and he got 75$ before he finished his routine, Then sold the mic. I was wondering how to put the mic in inventory or do I have purchase one every time?

just leave the MIC there.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • jimmytr87jimmytr87 Posts: 1 New Member
    create social event invite everyone remove all other fun stuff, and do your routine.
  • NO1WHOVIANNO1WHOVIAN Posts: 3 New Member
    Its such an easy way to earn money! LOL! :*
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I order to make money from tips your Sim has to write routines and perform them. Have a party ... it's easier than going to the lounge. (townies hog the mic) Sims in the same household don't give tips though. You have to invite friends and neighbors.

I always toggle death to false or my Sims will die a hysterical death.
    death.toggle false