Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Arefa wrote: »
    Wow a bunch of entries have been entered since last time I checked! They all look so great! I can't wait until I have some time to sit down and look at them all!

I've been busy all weekend working on my entry. I'm all ready to post and it is shared to the Gallery in game... However, I am having trouble getting the link. Every time I go and retrieve it I get the pop-up "Oops something went wrong! Please try again later." I've not had this issue before. :( I'm hoping the online gallery will sort itself out by tomorrow so I can post my pictures and links.

There is a video posted of the first 14 entries to view them all together. Posted on this page and page 1.The video will be updates on Monday with the new entries. Sorry to hear you having issues. Hope to see your entry soon :)
  • Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    Wow a bunch of entries have been entered since last time I checked! They all look so great! I can't wait until I have some time to sit down and look at them all!

I've been busy all weekend working on my entry. I'm all ready to post and it is shared to the Gallery in game... However, I am having trouble getting the link. Every time I go and retrieve it I get the pop-up "Oops something went wrong! Please try again later." I've not had this issue before. :( I'm hoping the online gallery will sort itself out by tomorrow so I can post my pictures and links.
    I had the excact same problem, but only with my lot. I tried other lots and those worked fine.

Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello @Skyfri_Himmel :) Your home is very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the front outdoors areas with the rocks and the flowers! They look so nice! They look very nice how you have placed them either sides of the front footpath and have used them to create a footpath leading around to the backyard area. The colour of the exterior of the home looks nice. The bonsai animal is a nice touch in the front garden. The palm trees add nice looks to the home. Child sims will have fun playing on the pirate ship. It looks nice how you have used hedging around the sides of the backyard area of the build, and have a hedge arch entrance to the area.
    The home is very nice :)
  • ArefaArefa Posts: 35 Member
    edited June 2015
    Under Renovation: Challenge 1
    Origin ID: Arefa86
    Forum ID: Arefa
    Link to gallery: h ttp://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3BC1E50F0D5C11E58C4FBD43B4501D7D
    Street name of build: 22 P rickly Pear Blvd
    Cheats used: moveobjects, ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement, showhiddenobjects, enlargeobjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $49,960
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes please, I am trying to refine my building skills :)

Advertising Pictures:
    h ttp://buildmode.weebly.com/uploads/4/7/9/2/47924999/1631281_orig.png
    h ttp://buildmode.weebly.com/uploads/4/7/9/2/47924999/9499168_orig.png
    h ttp://buildmode.weebly.com/uploads/4/7/9/2/47924999/6617499_orig.png

Sorry I am still a "New Member" and unable to post links or pictures. So if you remove the space after the "h" in "http" you will be able to get to all the links.

Edited: I'm not sure why my lot name was censored... I named it after a cactus.
    zE5f3I7.jpg
    View my other creations on the Sims 4 Gallery or by using #arefa
    3184 Heather's Way is very nice! @Heather3184 :) It is nice that you have named the home after your username. The stone and wooden texture of the exterior of the home looks very nice! The slanted roofing is very nice! The flowers and plants look very pretty on the edges of the home. It looks nice how you have done the patterned front footpath. The living room is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the sofas, so sims can sit and chat. The plant and books are nice touches on top of the coffee table, and it looks nice how you have placed the corner endtable between the sofas with a lamp on it . Very nice play area in the room! The bunny and giraffe look very cute! Kids will have fun playing with the toys from the toy box. The books, plant and fruit picture on the wall shelf are nice home touches in the room. The blue and orange colour scheme of the kitchen and dining room looks very nice! Very nice window dining area. Sims will enjoy sunlight coming in through the windows whilst eating their meal at the table. The type of blinds that you have used there look nice and complement the colour scheme. The picture on the wall suits well the rest of the room. The hanging pans on the wall and the fruit bowl on the counter are nice kitchen touches in the room. It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets over the stove hood. The patterned floor rugs add nice looks in the room.
  • ArefaArefa Posts: 35 Member
    @Zita1966z That is such a great idea to have all the pictures in one convenient place altogether! I will definitely check that out! :)

@Skyfri_Himmel I had to re-upload my entry to get it to work. Once I saw the new one work, I took down my first one that didn't work. Yeah, I don't know what happened? I think something just glitched with my first upload when I shared it. The second one worked perfectly fine right away.
    zE5f3I7.jpg
    View my other creations on the Sims 4 Gallery or by using #arefa
    456 Butterscotch Street is a very nice home! @RyeCris16 :) The roofing is very nice! The chimney is a nice touch on the roof. It looks nice the type of windows that you have used in the build. The lavender plants look pretty along the front edge of the building. Very nice greenery covered trellis front porch! Sims will enjoy sitting there at the chess table playing chess in the sunshine. It looks very nice how you have done the wavy rock paved front pathway. The large tree looks nice in the front yard. Very nice living room! The colour of the walls looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching TV and warming up in front of the fire. It looks a very nice light filled room. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst sitting there. The wooden flooring looks nice. They will have fun dancing to the stereo music! The plants are nice touches of nature in the room, and look nice placed either sides of the sofa. It looks nice how you have placed windows either sides of the TV and fireplace area. The sims will enjoy sunshine coming in whilst watching the TV. The gym room is great! Sims will enjoy keeping fit using the fitness equipment there. It is nice that you a wall of mirrors in the room. Sims will enjoy cooking tasty meals outdoors on the BBQ on the outside patio, and eating the food at the umbrella covered table in the sunshine. The curved patio outdoor dining area is very nice! Nice pool and gardening area. Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, and enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the gardening boxes. Child sims will have fun playing on the monkey bars.
    edited June 2015
    Under Renovation: Challenge 1
    Forum ID: Arefa
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3BC1E50F0D5C11E58C4FBD43B4501D7D
    Street name of build: 22 P rickly Pear Blvd
    Cheats used: moveobjects, ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement, showhiddenobjects, enlargeobjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $49,960
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes please, I am trying to refine my building skills :)

Advertising Pictures:
    1631281_orig.png

9499168_orig.png

6617499_orig.png

Sorry I am still a "New Member" and unable to post links or pictures. So if you remove the space after the "h" in "http" you will be able to get to all the links.

Edited: I'm not sure why my lot name was censored... I named it after a cactus.

I have fixed the pictures for you. :)
  • Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    @rosemow Thank you dear Rose for assisting her <3
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    @Zita1966z
    Sorry again the rules just confuse me.
    Can you confirm this is okay? otherwise ill edit it before submitting my final entry.
    05-26-15_9-44nbspPM_zpssou3pdaj.png

I did not change the original walls/foundations.....but i added exterior foundation? :/
    @Arefa the kitchen and dining is lovely!
    22 Prickly Pear Blvd is a very nice home! @Arefa :) The texture and colour of the exterior looks very nice! Very nice roofing! The alternating flowers and plants along the front of the building, the cactus plants along the edge of the front footpath, and the flowers, rocks and tree in the porch corner nook gives a very nice look to the build. It looks nice the curved fencing that you have used for the front porch. The front area of the build looks great! Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen and dining areas! The blue, orange and brown colour scheme of the room looks very nice! The curved bar stool counter and the placement of the kitchen cabinets on the walls looks very nice. The fruit bowl is a nice kitchen touch on the counter. The flowers on the dining table are nice for sims to look at whilst they are sitting there enjoying eating their meals. The fruit picture looks great on the dining room wall, and the oranges in the picture complement well with the colour scheme. The pink colour scheme of the girls bedroom is very pretty! The heart teddies on the dresser and the pink bunny in the room look cute! Very nice armchair book nook area for sims to enjoy sitting reading a book. The lady bird picture on the bedhead wall and the panda light look cute in the room as well! It looks nice how you have angled the floor rug in the room. Nice study desk area for sims to sit and do homework or read at the table. The lantern ceiling light looks pretty. The poster and decals on the wall add nice looks in the room.
    The home is a very nice :)
  • Heather3184Heather3184 Posts: 431 Member
    Thank you for the lovely comments.
    bea341.jpg
  • mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    WOW! I can't believe the activity on this thread! So excited to see so many awesome entries! :D Love this can't wait for the next challenge.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    @RyeCris16 I love your renovation - the roofing is gorgeous.

I am learning so much from everyone's different take on Zita's original shell. Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    @Arefa I had the same message when I first uploaded. What worked for me was that I removed the lots from the community, waited a couple of minutes, and uploaded them again. I had to do it a couple of times with the lot, but it worked.

• SnappSimzSnappSimz Posts: 1,237 Member
    I just went searching through the thread because I can't find the shell and I was nervous that the shell was taken off the gallery. But I got it figured out now. Just gotta use the hashtaggy.
    HELLO. I HAVE RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SnappSimzSnappSimz Posts: 1,237 Member
    I just sent in an entry but it hasn't shown up D: where is it?????????????
    HELLO. I HAVE RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited June 2015
    Kaile wrote: »
    @Zita1966z
    Sorry again the rules just confuse me.
    Can you confirm this is okay? otherwise ill edit it before submitting my final entry.
    05-26-15_9-44nbspPM_zpssou3pdaj.png

I did not change the original walls/foundations.....but i added exterior foundation? :/

Hi @kaile, please refer to point 5 of the brief. Quote "5. You may not change the structure (walls and foundation) inside or outside". I hope that helps. :)
    edited June 2015
    SnappSimz wrote: »
    I just sent in an entry but it hasn't shown up D: where is it?????????????

Hi @SnappSimz, I have experienced my post disappearing too when I first started posting my builds. So here is a bit of advise, first save your entry on word and then copy and past just the written brief first and save your post. Then edit and add your photo, links ect. That normally work for me. Hope this helps :)
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
    edited June 2015
    yes @isabella14
    but zita said earlier
    "Sweetpea, you can add what you wish, balcony, patio, doors as long as you do not change the original walls/foundations or adding any rooms. :) For example, The small balcony at the back can not be removed but you can add to it."
    so eh?
    Idk I'm happy with my build so im submitting it....if I broke a rule...well I'll know better for the 2nd challenge :)
    Kaile wrote: »
    yes @isabella14
    but zita said earlier
    "Sweetpea, you can add what you wish, balcony, patio, doors as long as you do not change the original walls/foundations or adding any rooms. :) For example, The small balcony at the back can not be removed but you can add to it."
    so eh?
    Idk I'm happy with my build so im submitting it....if I broke a rule...well I'll know better for the 2nd challenge :)

Then that settles it. Can't wait to see what you have built. :)
  • superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Amazing entries guys! :astonished:
  • Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Skyfri_Himmel :) Your home is very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the front outdoors areas with the rocks and the flowers! They look so nice! They look very nice how you have placed them either sides of the front footpath and have used them to create a footpath leading around to the backyard area. The colour of the exterior of the home looks nice. The bonsai animal is a nice touch in the front garden. The palm trees add nice looks to the home. Child sims will have fun playing on the pirate ship. It looks nice how you have used hedging around the sides of the backyard area of the build, and have a hedge arch entrance to the area.
    Thank you so much :smile: I am glad you liked it.
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @kamb1403! *group hugs* :smiley:<3<3<3

I'm glad that you liked my roofing too, Kamb! I found it hard to manage it, but I'm glad it worked out successfully! :relaxed:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16