Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

- The Sims 4 help, troubleshooting & BUG Thread -

Comments

• norkalsimmernorkalsimmer Posts: 11 New Member
    BluebellFlora,

If I move a new sim into a small lot, an empty one, they play the same. I do have a lot of photos and harvestables in my most played household. Do you think that could be a lot of the issue? I can definitely get rid of that inventory. Will selling those things in the game help? Or are there files for them I would have to delete? I know Macs aren't great for games, but I just couldn't get another PC, they have been so unreliable for me. With all the crap on the internet nowadays even an anti-virus program isn't good enough to keep your computer 100% clean and running smoothly. Seeing as this is The Sims for Mac I thought perhaps game performance wouldn't be so bad as in the past for Macs, especially with the game being new and all. I'm afraid of my game becoming unplayable one day, but surely that shouldn't happen... and wouldn't that be happening for a lot of other people? Anyway, your opinion on getting rid of the Sim inventory? -My continued appreciation
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Yep, empty out the inventory, especially of harvestablesand see if that helps. We actually seem to be having a smoother gaming experience compared to Windows users, thanks mainly to Origin being more stable in OS X!

Others have experienced what you are and emptying the inventory seemed to work.
    apple-signature.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    The harvestable items can be stored in the Refrigerator. I do that for my larger households.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • skyetempleskyetemple Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I just downloaded Sims 4 from Origin (it was 50% off!) June 12 to be exact and I have no expansion packs, no mods of any kind and I'm having the problem where when I want to place a lot or play with my current household, I get sent to the World Map. I have had to click 'Repair Game', wait, then I get to play. Kinda sucks since I just got the game and I really wanted to play.

Mac model (mid-2012 13" non-Retina MacBook Pro)
    Processor (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5)
    Memory (4 GB RAM 1600 MHz DDR3)
    Graphics (Intel HD 4000 1024MB)
    Operating System (OS X Yosemite 10.10.3)
    skyetemple wrote: »
    Hi, I just downloaded Sims 4 from Origin (it was 50% off!) June 12 to be exact and I have no expansion packs, no mods of any kind and I'm having the problem where when I want to place a lot or play with my current household, I get sent to the World Map. I have had to click 'Repair Game', wait, then I get to play. Kinda sucks since I just got the game and I really wanted to play.

Mac model (mid-2012 13" non-Retina MacBook Pro)
    Processor (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5)
    Memory (4 GB RAM 1600 MHz DDR3)
    Graphics (Intel HD 4000 1024MB)
    Operating System (OS X Yosemite 10.10.3)

Have you downloaded any lots from the Gallery?

apple-signature.png
  • norkalsimmernorkalsimmer Posts: 11 New Member
    BluebellFlora, you tried to help me sort of recently in the past. Unfortunately nothing you told me to do worked. I really followed everything you said to the T. I've been experiencing extremely long loading screens, lag in all kinds of places, and greyed out windows which really is the least of my problems. I just for the second time now had to forcibly shut down my computer because my game got stuck. Everything is just getting worse. Can you help me?
  • DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    Hi guys! I didn't know if I should post this as its own thread, but I guess this is the thread monitored by EA?

My game has been running amazingly well for months now. But these two things still bug me since the start:

1. My boyfriend spends the night, but after wohoing, he doesn't go to sleep like me, but instead stands by my bed the whole night looking at me, kinda creepy like "Paranormal Activity". :wink:

2. Whenever more than one person have a meal, all of them keep switching seats like forever... It's been the same since the first game came out.

Has there two things been mentioned before? Will it be fixed? I have only the basegame and Get to work. No mods whatsoever.

Thanks!
    My boyfriend spends the night, but after wohoing, he doesn't go to sleep like me, but instead stands by my bed the whole night looking at me, kinda creepy like "Paranormal Activity". :wink:

You need to bin him. He's quite clearly a psychopath :lol:
    Whenever more than one person have a meal, all of them keep switching seats like forever... It's been the same since the first game came out.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/806784/sims-are-constantly-changing-seats

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22100.0
    apple-signature.png
  • DennisAlexis84DennisAlexis84 Posts: 79 Member
    I checked those threads but couldn't find any solution. I don't use many mods and I've tried repairing the game ect. Am I the only one still experiencing these bugs?
    My boyfriend spends the night, but after wohoing, he doesn't go to sleep like me, but instead stands by my bed the whole night looking at me, kinda creepy like "Paranormal Activity". :wink:

You need to bin him. He's quite clearly a psychopath :lol:
    Whenever more than one person have a meal, all of them keep switching seats like forever... It's been the same since the first game came out.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/806784/sims-are-constantly-changing-seats

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22100.0

@DennisAlexis84 No, you're not the only one but as it's not a game breaker most people just accept these stupid little bugs and move on. It really is so irritating that EA never fix the little things.
    apple-signature.png
    Updated and reorganised.
    apple-signature.png
  • SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    Updated and reorganised.

Look awesome! :D
  • Yaya10Yaya10 Posts: 7 New Member
    HELP! I have a Macbook Pro. Whenever I open my game everything turns blue and orange. Its annoying and for me the game is not enjoyable when it looks weird. Any ideas on how to fix it. I DO USE MODS!
  • MelymacMelymac Posts: 88 Member
    Is it possible to just uninstall the expansion? Get Together is causing so many problems in my game--the SIMS are just standing around and it always says they're on the computer...among other things. So i'd rather just remove it until there's a patch or something. So not worth the bother!
  • dollface2143dollface2143 Posts: 3 New Member
    hey, as i am creating or starting a new games, i have experiences pixelated edges around my sims, objects, everything, my imac is currently updated, could the team be able to fix this issue please ?? Much appreciated
  • dollface2143dollface2143 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @dollface2143 said:
    > hey, as i am creating or starting a new games, i have experiences pixelated edges around my sims, objects, everything, my imac is currently updated, could the team be able to fix this issue please ?? Much appreciated

@BluebellFlora
    @dollface2143

No one can really help if you don't supply your Mac's details. If you don't know where to find this read the opening post for instructions.
    apple-signature.png
  • SMBSMB Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2015
    Hello. Well, it seems I'm having trouble with the "Get Back to Work" DLC. Before installing it, the game didn't had any crashes. However, after installing the DLC, the game started crashing after a few hours of playing. Any suggestions at what may be causing this?
    EDIT: I tried and played it on another PC. The game didn't crashed at all.
    EDIT 2: It does seems that the game on the other PC crashes. I have to be for playing hours in order for it to crash, though.
    Post edited by SMB on
  • jlizarraldegjlizarraldeg Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey! I just started playing, and I have the UI missing or flashing controls problem. I have read what it's meant to be done in such cases, but, none of those work for me! I am playing from a Mac OSX in Yosemite.
    Anyone else has this issue?
    Hey! I just started playing, and I have the UI missing or flashing controls problem. I have read what it's meant to be done in such cases, but, none of those work for me! I am playing from a Mac OSX in Yosemite.
    Anyone else has this issue?

I have a OS X Yosemite at the version 10.10.3
    iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2010)
    Processor 3,2 GHz Intel Core i3
    Memory of 4 GB
    Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB
    @SMB are you playing the same game on the PC? Did you copy over your user data?

@jlizarraldeg did you change the settings to windowed mode then restart the game? Are you using Mods?
    apple-signature.png
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > @SMB are you playing the same game on the PC? Did you copy over your user data?
    >
    > @jlizarraldeg did you change the settings to windowed mode then restart the game? Are you using Mods?

Sorry BluebellFora, but wat are the Mods? By the other hand, I changed it to the fullscreen windowed mode and the problem kept persisting, plus the window begun to close for no reason. When I change it instead to windowed mode, the program closes at once.
    Sorry BluebellFora, but wat are the Mods? By the other hand, I changed it to the fullscreen windowed mode and the problem kept persisting, plus the window begun to close for no reason. When I change it instead to windowed mode, the program closes at once.

Mods are 3rd party created items to add to your game which change certain aspects of gameplay. You probably don't have them if you're not sure what they are :)

Can you go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and drag the Options.ini file to the Trash. Now try your game again.

apple-signature.png
  • 33mini4533mini45 Posts: 7 New Member
    Hi, so I just downloaded The Sims 4, and it runs perfectly. It just have one issue that makes makes me can't play!

[b][/b] PROBLEM

When i open the sims the start button don't work, it disappear and appear very fast, the buttons for PERSONALITY also the same. But the biggest problem is that when i click the SETTINGS button all the button's don't work! And even some are not there... Like the exit button! :(

Please someone help me, I don't know what to do, Im frustrated, I was so exited to play The Sims 4, but now I cant.

3.06 Ghz Intel Core i3
    12 GB
    Macintosh HD
    OS X 10.8.5
  • 33mini4533mini45 Posts: 7 New Member
    @BluebellFlora please help me! I dont know what to do