Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge Main Page

Comments

• FennadevFennadev Posts: 180 Member
    I should finish my second house. But I really don't like that I must get a cowplant for house 3. Bcos I think that search will take his whole life. Maybe skipping house 3 and going directly to house 4.
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Cow Berries r a lot more common that u think @Fennadev =)
    However...any way u choose 2 play the Drifter Challenge...in bits & pieces or following along...that's the beauty of how I've put it together....if there r things u REALLY just don't wanna' tackle...u don't have 2 =)

It's just nice having Drifters...so THX 4 playing!!!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • kerpleenketkerpleenket Posts: 213 Member
    Fennadev wrote: »
    I should finish my second house. But I really don't like that I must get a cowplant for house 3. Bcos I think that search will take his whole life. Maybe skipping house 3 and going directly to house 4.

Don't give up so easily! I literally caught a cowplant on my very first catch during this challenge! I caught at least a half a dozen more during the entire challenge.
    Origin ID: Emmblie
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Heyyyy Vih! *waves* You know all those troubles I was having the very first time around? Yup.... it happened again. I lost all the progress I had. Yeah I was 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but I didn't let that stop me. Not long after I had that crash (due to my video card having a mind of its own and wanting to update itself), I restarted the challenge -- AGAIN. (sheesh! how many times have i gone through "again"?! lol)

Any way.... I'm still using Sabrina. Only this time, while she did meet a random townie, it was actually her co-worker, Fletcher Kowalski. They hadn't really talked at work, but he did show up at her house one day. They hit it off, he moved in, became bf/gf, and pretty soon Sabrina had proposed. And very recently, well, a few sim days ago, Sabrina gave birth to their baby daughter! **This is funny because in my last go-around, she also gave birth to a baby girl!** Their daughter will soon be aging up to a little girl. I can't wait. Sabrina can really concentrate on her career - I gave her the scientist career again - while dad and daughter can *really* form their bond.

I'm hoping that some time soon, I can start the second challenge. I feel like a loose wheel that came off and now I'm struggling to find someone or something to help me get further. LOL :D (omg! no - not really)

Well.... that's my update for now. I'm heading back in game. :#
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @MsPrissy88 You're back @ The Drifter Challenge again...gotta' love that! @ least u seem 2 have enough fun w/it that you're willing 2 restart!! U sound like me when I was play testing..I musta' played House 001 @ least 7-8x ha ha ha...course that was choice..not forced...but still =P
    I sure hope your computer behaves this go round & that u enjoy your journey through House001!!

Sounds like this time around is going pretty good so far =) What did u name Sabrina's baby girl!?

Happy Simming...keep me posted -k- =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited June 2015
    I had posted a story and pictures of the house from House003, but a pop-up said that it needed to be a approved. That was a few hours ago, and I've never had that prompt before, so I have no clue how long it takes for that. Anyway, I uploaded the house. My username is Emmblie, if you want to at least take a look at it.
    I'll definitely look up the house!! When u get that "must b approved" message....yeah...they don't approve....I'm pretty sure that's the pop up u get when SOMETHING isn't right in the coding or it thinks there r copyright issues. I got that message a few times when I used Photobucket 2 host my pics...ever since I started using Imgur...no more troubles.
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    @kerpleenket I JUST looked @ the house u uploaded...I LOVE it!! Job well done, my friend =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Vihisha wrote: »
    I'll definitely look up the house!! When u get that "must b approved" message....yeah...they don't approve....I'm pretty sure that's the pop up u get when SOMETHING isn't right in the coding or it thinks there r copyright issues. I got that message a few times when I used Photobucket 2 host my pics...ever since I started using Imgur...no more troubles.

Yep, I was using Photobucket. I will have to check out Imgur. :)
    I sure hope it works 4 ya..I hate when things don't work as intended -_-
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • SimmerPTSimmerPT Posts: 128 Member
    Hey guys! Part 4 is up on Youtube! I had a minor trouble with this one, because when I recorded part 2 and 3 I forgot to save my game before exiting the game. Silly me :s . But everything is rolling again and back on track. Hope you like this episode!!! Part 5 coming up later today with many surprises :p
    cpbbxqP.png
    Origin ID:badana90
    Blog:simmerptstories.wordpress.com/
    Youtube Channel:Simmer Pt
    Let's Play:The Drifter Challenge House 003
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited June 2015
    I just now found this. I'm going to try it! :)

Edit: I made my starting Sim but I don't know how to bulldoze lots without moving my Sim onto it. Can someone tell me if there is an easier way please?

Edit 2: I am currently watching this Twitch tutorial hosted by Grant and Graham about editing and bulldozing lots. I'm including the link here for anyone else that might have the same question I did about how it is done.
    Grant and Graham talk about neighborhood editing and bulldozing lots!

Edit 3: Yay! All lots on both worlds have been bulldozed and money for starting Sim is set to zero. QUESTION: Do I also need to bulldoze the venues in the mini-world that came with the Get To Work expansion pack too? Sorry if this has already been answered. I am excited to begin! :)
    Post edited by Rawla on
    edited June 2015
    > @Rawla said:
    > I just now found this. I'm going to try it! :)
    >
    >
    >
    > Edit: I made my starting Sim but I don't know how to bulldoze lots without moving my Sim onto it. Can someone tell me if there is an easier way please?
    >
    > Edit 2: I am currently watching this Twitch tutorial hosted by Grant and Graham about editing and bulldozing lots. I'm including the link here for anyone else that might have the same question I did about how it is done.
    > Grant and Graham talk about neighborhood editing and bulldozing lots!
    >
    > Edit 3: Yay! All lots on both worlds have been bulldozed and money for starting Sim is set to zero. QUESTION: Do I also need to bulldoze the venues in the mini-world that came with the Get To Work expansion pack too? Sorry if this has already been answered. I am excited to begin! :)

@Vihisha has a link for a save file that has all the neighborhoods emptied. You can find it in the post that contains the rules for the challenge.
    I think you don't need to empty those if you don't want to be troubled with it. You can't travel there anyways for House 001 so I think it's ok because they are retail lots. If the next Houses of this challenge require those lots I think you can just bulldoze them before you start that specific lot.
    What is the rule here @Vihisha?
    cpbbxqP.png
    edited June 2015
    It happened again, Vih. :s This time it was because of some Windows updates that also had my video card included. I was **just about** to play my game, and when I got to the main menu, I already got an error message. GRRRRRRR!!!!! :s:'((edit - i had to -- unfortunately -- delete ALL my save files)

But, to answer your question about what I had named my heir this last go around.... Ariella. I went through the randomizer and when it came up with that name, I took it. **sighs**

I'm so glad that you had gone through this first challenge a few times as well. Oh, I read that you had said that it was choice. I wish that my reason. Geeeees..... By the time I get to finish the first one, it'll be September again! And then I won't have any time to play.

**can i kick my computer out the door and send it flying up by you?!** LOL :D
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited June 2015
    @MsPrissy88 - That is very sad that your computer is giving you grief. I sure hope it behaves itself for you soon.

For my own beginning challenge, I had my male Sim flirt up a storm all day and got married to the girl. Then I had him go insane trying to collect enough things around his little street neighborhood to afford a meal and a toilet before he wet himself. Wow, it was such a close call. Going to sell the toilet and get him and his wife (if I have enough) a sleeping bag each. Or one for her to use and he can sleep on a park bench for the first night. This challenge is already soooo much fun. I'm very glad I found it! :smiley:

Edit: Oh goodness. Just checked to see if his new bride had anything in her inventory. Nope. Nothing. BUT... I also snuck a peek to see if she had a job. Yes! She's a level 2 astronaut. lol Cool. That will help a lot.
    @Rawla I'm soo happy that you've stumbled upon The Drifter Challenge & r excited 2 start!!
    Rawla wrote: »
    QUESTION: Do I also need to bulldoze the venues in the mini-world that came with the Get To Work expansion pack too? Sorry if this has already been answered. I am excited to begin! :)
    U do NOT need 2 bulldoze any of the Get 2 Work lots & the lots in Granite Falls...will remain as they r...unless specified later on =)
    Here's a link 2 the already pre-cleared lot that we have set up https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzXRh0E1Z3ofZDVScXhIa213cDQ/view
    Thank-You @SimmerPT 4 answering the questions...I have been away from my computer ALL day =P

Awe @MsPrizzy88 r ya ever gonna' catch a break?! :s I'm so sorry that u had 2 delete EVERYTHING again...there's GOT 2 b a better way!!

@Rawla it sounds like you're having fun so far!! I would love 2 stay up on your Drifter happenings..so feel free 2 post updates/pics anytime!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm having waaay too much fun. lol xD Right now he and his new bride are on day four I think. They have a small garden growing. (carrots, strawberries, 1 lemon tree) They have a toilet, a shower and a cheap double bed. He is fishing and collecting and she is working at her astronaut career. :smiley:
    @Rawla - WELCOME to the fun and crazy Drifter Challenge! Woohoo!! Looks like you're on your way with the first one. I hope you'll continue to have fun.

@Vih - I know, right?! :D I have started this yet again. And this time.... even though I love Sabrina the best.... I am using one my guy sims. I'd like to introduce you to Joe. Joe Wilder. He just landed the job over at the Future Sims Laboratory.

06-07-15_4-43nbspPM_zpsom7yioyn.png
    06-07-15_4-47nbspPM_zps5xyxxyqq.png
    06-07-15_4-47nbspPM-2_zpsruusnkkt.png

And by the time his lonnng day was over, he already got his first promotion! #woohooo :#

Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @MsPrissy88 - Thanks! I'm having a super fun time! Your Joe Wilder Sim looks great. And promotion on first day? That's awesome! xD

My Sim and his wife have their first room of the house, bedroom. She is pregnant with their first child (heir). They now have a fridge, stove, counter and painting easel. He's getting good at both fishing and painting. I sold his strawberry plants but kept the carrots and lemon tree. Too much time was being used to care for them all. She is still going to work on her own in the astronaut career so that helps. I'll get a pic or two when I can.
    @Vihisha So I was editing my videos and by the end of part 5 I had a question, so here goes: I have now two sets of different valuable frogs. Can I transfer one set to one of my non-playable sims inventory and breed them there, so I don't have to wait to breed both sets or do you consider this is cheating because I actually command my non-playable sim to do something, hence I kind of control him?
    cpbbxqP.png
    @Rawla NICE! Already having walls up & everything! Heir on the way...how exciting!!! I would LOVE 2 c pics =)

@MsPrissy88 Joe Wilder looks like a fun guy & that's awesome...promotion on 1st day!! I love those active careers!

@SimmerPT U can transfer things into non-playable characters inventories & out of them as well...but actually breeding frogs or activating anything like that IN their inventories is not allowed...that WOULD fall under control of non-playable Sims....or in essence "cheating," yes
    I just finished up Episode 4 of your videos...so I'll b watching 5 soon =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Thanks for the quick answer @Vihisha . I will be recording the next episodes tomorrow morning (it's now 1 AM here) and Part 5 has just finished rendering and I'm now uploading it to YT.
    Episodes 4 and 5 were kind of hard to record because I was super tired and my allergies were just killing me, but they actually were very productive gamewise!
    cpbbxqP.png
    edited June 2015
    Here is my challenge Sim for the 1st challenge. His name is Abel Painter.
    06-07-15_1-34nbspPM.png

Abel and his new bride share a bench to sleep in for the first night of their marriage. No woohoo for them. lol
    Edit: Her name is Liberty Lee.
    06-07-15_5-32nbspPM.png

Here is what their lot looks like currently with their newborn daughter Destiny's bassinet near the painting easel.
    06-07-15_8-08nbspPM.png
    > @Rawla said:
    > Here is my challenge Sim for the 1st challenge. His name is Abel Painter.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Abel and his new bride share a bench to sleep in for the first night of their marriage. No woohoo for them. lol
    > Edit: Her name is Liberty Lee.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Here is what their lot looks like currently with their newborn daughter Destiny's bassinet near the painting easel.

Wow @Rawla quite a lot of progress you made on your challenge! I' so happy you are doing well with this challenge.
    By the way I really like your daughter's name!
    cpbbxqP.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top