Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remember the real celebrities in Superstar?

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
Sometimes Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Avril Lavigne, or Marilyn Monroe would show up, and you can ask for their autograph. You can also download Freddie Prinze Jr. off the site, but he has to replace one of the pre-existing celebs. They're still pretty active today (except Marilyn obviously), but no longer as famous as they were back in 2003. Heck, Avril even released that plummy Hello Kitty song that was so not very punk.

Can you imagine if they made Superstar today? We'd get people like Justin Bieber, Iggy Azalea, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, or Ed Sheeran. Is there anyone in particular that you'd love to see a sim version of?
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    lady gaga queen of pop slay mama
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited June 2015
    Rihanna... Maybe.

But in the Superstar sense. Not Katy Perry sense.

--T

ETA: Typo
  • KennydkKennydk Posts: 31 Member
    Anyone just not Bieber!

I use to camp out and stalk Avril! I was such a massive fan when I was a kid! I miss content such as this.
  • NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    Eww no pop celebrities, I rather just download the celebrities I want, because I would have to burn my game if Rihanna was ever on it.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Never got Freddie Prinze Jr working in my game :( but hey what about Madonna? Was rather surprised she wasn't in the original Superstar.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Godlike wrote: »
    Never got Freddie Prinze Jr working in my game :( but hey what about Madonna? Was rather surprised she wasn't in the original Superstar.

I actually can't remember if Madonna was there or downloadable. I just remember the ones I listed, plus Sarah McLachlan. Although I think I'm too young to remember anything that Sarah McLachlan did.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • KennydkKennydk Posts: 31 Member
    Me too @icmnfrsh I just Googled her and I have no idea who she is! lol
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I actually can't remember if Madonna was there or downloadable. I just remember the ones I listed, plus Sarah McLachlan. Although I think I'm too young to remember anything that Sarah McLachlan did.
    Nah Madonna wasn't featured anywhere but I think she'd make an excellent choice still if Superstar would ever get a TS4 overhaul.

Sarah McLachlan was probably being super famous at the time for lending her voice to Delerium's hit song Silence which was released in 2000/2001-ish. How do I know this? It's one of my favorite songs lol :P
    Lift me up - Let me go

Nah Madonna wasn't featured anywhere but I think she'd make an excellent choice still if Superstar would ever get a TS4 overhaul.

Sarah McLachlan was probably being super famous at the time for lending her voice to Delerium's hit song Silence which was released in 2000/2001-ish. How do I know this? It's one of my favorite songs lol :P

I'm not really familiar with it for some reason. I remember the Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, M2M, and all those 90's acts, but somehow not that. Hmm...

• Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    If Justin Bieber shows up in my game, I would take the disk, crack it up into tiny pieces, set it on fire then run over it with my car.

I'm not really familiar with it for some reason. I remember the Spice Girls, Backstreet Boys, M2M, and all those 90's acts, but somehow not that. Hmm...

Ooh such nostalgic names! Here's the song (this mix was released in 2000, apparently):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTLJjoW867g
    If Justin Bieber shows up in my game, I would take the disk, crack it up into tiny pieces, set it on fire then run over it with my car.

Oh baby! Kidding, I dislike modern pop music too so I get you :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    That's a pack that I never got. Curse being young and not being able to afford my own games or computer at that time! ha

Besides TS1, I never liked the idea of celebrities being involved in packs. I loved that Drew Carey could show up at a party with House Party installed.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    That's a pack that I never got. Curse being young and not being able to afford my own games or computer at that time! ha

Besides TS1, I never liked the idea of celebrities being involved in packs. I loved that Drew Carey could show up at a party with House Party installed.

When I was young, I thought the idea was pretty awesome. As a more cynical adult, I'll only like celebrity involvement if it's well-executed, because otherwise it's just a cash-grab. :p

• slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    Avril is my favorite singer. She's still making albums and releasing good music (forget Hello Kitty), she's just not as mainstream or as popular as she once was.

I don't play Sims 4 (and didn't really play Sims 1, either), but I would love to see Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift in my game. Or anyone from the Buffy cast, really...
    slynnski wrote: »
    forget Hello Kitty

I rather would. And Girlfriend. I haven't heard any of Avril's latest work, but if they're in the same vein as Losing Grip, then I suppose it's not so bad. :)

I also don't mind seeing certain celebrities in my game. I'll just ignore the existence of the ones I dislike, if there are any. :p

• slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    A lot of the songs on her most recent, self-titled album are reminiscent of Let Go, in my opinion. Simple, catchy. Check out Rock N Roll, 17, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 i n' Summer, Give You What You Like, Hello Heartache. All very good. TBH the whole album is good, minus Hello Kitty and Bad Girl. Her best album since Let Go and Under My Skin.

Losing Grip, Unwanted, and Take Me Away are in a class of their own, though.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    This was from the House Party EP, not Superstar, but I remember being so excited when Drew Carey showed up in his limousine at the Goth's party. In Superstar, I rarely saw anyone other than Marilyn Monroe. I'm not sure why.

In Superstar today, I'd want to see Rob Thomas, Aerosmith, Maroon 5, Pink, & Green Day. Sim versions of real actors would be neat too, John Barrowman, Nathan Fillion, Jennifer Lawrence, Jessica Alba, just to name a few. It would be neat to see them all wandering around a Sims 4 Superstar community area.
  • xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    BN-CN140_AvrilL_G_20140424123710.jpg
    Reminds me of KPST.
    oh3cjs.jpg
    xBob18 wrote: »
    Reminds me of KPST.

*Insert groan here*

I prefer the parody versions on YouTube because they're at least funny. Of course I can't link to them because they have a lot of swearing. :D

• xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Reminds me of KPST.

*Insert groan here*

I prefer the parody versions on YouTube because they're at least funny. Of course I can't link to them because they have a lot of swearing. :D
    Ha! The one from Bart Baker right?
    oh3cjs.jpg
    Reminds me of KPST.

*Insert groan here*

Ha! The one from Bart Baker right?

Yeah. But I also like Shane Dawson's version. The "Hahaha girl you dumb" line cracks me up. :D