Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Genie, What Did You Wish For?

AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
So, I just got the genie lamp today in game. I clicked on it and the genie came out and said I had 3 wishes ~ blah, blah, blah ~.

So I saw there's we're 6 (I think), and I ended up choosing the "live longer" one, all it did was reset his current life stage. I was hoping he would become immortal, oh well, still have 2 left.

Which wishes did you choose an why? :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

There's 3 and I usually ask for peace of mind (platinum)... or money. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Hello! :mrgreen:

Is platinum permanent? And how much money do you get?
  • Options
    Yes, it's permanent but I don't remember how much money. It's been awhile since I had ask for money. :D
  • Options
    KennydkKennydk Posts: 31 Member
    Does the genie ever 'mess up' wishes like in TS1? I use to avoid the genie in that game like the plague!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I don't remember if the Genie does- I've never had it fail. I have had the Wishing Well fail.

Gawh, yes- never the genie in The Sims. XD
  • Options
    ashleyrenee210ashleyrenee210 Posts: 187 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Hello! :mrgreen:

Is platinum permanent? And how much money do you get?

It depends on how many money bags fall from the sky. Whenever you wish for money money bags fall every hour or so each time decreasing in value. I did this for Nina Caliente once and the first one she got was $50,000 then the next was $10,000 then $5,000 then $1,000 and I think that's it. I don't exactly remember but it was something like that. It all really depends though because I also got it for Dina (Since she's married to Julien Cooke in my game) and it only gave her a $10,000 moneybag.
    Twitter: ashleyrenee210
    Tumblr: panicitsashleyatthedisco
    Origin: ashleyrenee210
    PSN: ashleyrenee210
  • Options
    RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
    If my LW is impossible (Like a job that I didn't want my sim to be in etc) I choose Peace of mind. I don't normally choose for money because being poorer is more fun than being rich. I also choose longer life if my sim is near to aging and I don't want them to and I choose the one to resurrect a dead sim if I want my sim back. BTW why do you get given the genie lamp? I thought it was from something to do with romance but sometimes my sims get it for no reason :p
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Razing wrote: »
    If my LW is impossible (Like a job that I didn't want my sim to be in etc) I choose Peace of mind. I don't normally choose for money because being poorer is more fun than being rich. I also choose longer life if my sim is near to aging and I don't want them to and I choose the one to resurrect a dead sim if I want my sim back. BTW why do you get given the genie lamp? I thought it was from something to do with romance but sometimes my sims get it for no reason :p

High hobby enthusiasm AND high lifetime aspiration. And that grants a chance of a lamp.
  • Options
    RazingRazing Posts: 287 Member
  • Options
    Hmm, I'll probably do "peace of mind" next. :p
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I usually wished for money.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    redfox5redfox5 Posts: 17 New Member
    I always ask to bring someone back to life, they way I play, my neighbourhood has a high death count.
  • Options
    NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    I usually chose money because my sims were usually so poor that I needed to chose that option. I never tried the 'peace of mind' before but it sounds like I'll have to!
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Money, Money and I usually set the ginie free :p I'm too good of a person to let the ginie rot inside the lamp :blush:
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited June 2015
    Money and peace of mind. Perma-platinum sure is a nice perk.

To comment on what someone mentioned above -- yes, you get a higher chance of getting the lamp if your hobby enthusiasm and lifetime aspiration is high, but I have had many sims get it when both were low, too. I think being really good at keeping your sim happy and fulfilling a ton of wants helps the chances too.

ETA or maybe I'm just lucky. XD
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    My favorite wish: Power to Cheat Death. Sometimes, when sim is crushed by satellite, this power can save that sim's life.
    Then Peace of Mind.
    My sims never wish for money. Or Burglar will come, and I don't want my sim to be furious to somebody.
  • Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    I just got the genie lamp yesterday. I wished for fortune three times. What happens is for each wish of fortune, a bag of $10,000 Simoleons falls from the sky. A couple bags fall later, of lesser amounts (for me it was usually $7,000 and $4,000).

I didn't wish for any of the others because the Sim I was wishing as was a married elder with an already permanent platinum aspiration.