Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Macbook Pro 15 inch run Sims 4

PorsukPorsuk Posts: 54 New Member
Hey guys !!
I just want to know can my mac handle sims 4
15 inch Macbook Pro with retina display
2.2 GHz intel core i7
16 Gb 1600 MHz
İntel pro İris Graphics
Help me !! Please

Comments

• whoisblucrafwhoisblucraf Posts: 28 New Member
    Hey hey,
    Your MacBook Pro will have no issues playing Sims 4.
    You'll be able to play with med-high settings at 1440x900 or 1920x1200 with a playable ~30 FPS (I wouldn't advise retina mode as it will have low frame rate)

I had the MacBook Pro with Retina display (2.0GHz i7/8GB/Iris Pro) last year and I played without issue.
  • PorsukPorsuk Posts: 54 New Member
    Thank you so much @whoisblucraf
    So this mac is better than 13 inch retina model at playing sims 4 ? I guess
    My housemate has a 13-inch MBP retina (2.4GHz i5/8GB/Iris/Late 2013) and can play Sims 4 at 1280x800 at Med-High and get similar frame rates to those mentioned above, but he does have slightly longer load times, and with lots with a heap of sims a little more slow down then I did on my 15-inch Retina MBP
  • PorsukPorsuk Posts: 54 New Member
    Thank you so much for helping @whoisblucraf
    Your most welcome :)
    Ohh, While I think about it, the new 2015 13-inch MBP retina has a Iris 6100 graphics card, which is supposed to bring around a 25-30% performance improvement over the Iris 5100 found in the 13-inch 2013 model. This would bring it much closer to the 15-inch retinas 5200 Iris Pro.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    The higher spec. 15" MBP yes, absolutely with all settings on high and no lag because it has dedicated graphics.

The entry level 15" should but it may struggle later on with big save files and more EPs and SPs installed. Whilst it benefits from a quad core i7 processor, as opposed to the dual core in a 13" MBP, it only has integrated graphics.
    apple-signature.png