Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise - Potential fix

Hello.

Today I installed Overwatch and ErrorTrap.
Here are some steps to make hopefully make your game run much smoother (mine is working perfectly as of now):
- Delete the Scott family
- Delete the Ichtata family
- Delete the Romantic family
- Delete the Arias family
- Delete the Medina family
- (Delete other families if you are experiencing issues still)
- Install Overwatch and ErrorTrap (Overwatch is not a virus packed mod, and is VERY good to have to clean up your town automatically)
- Type testingcheatsenabled true, then type discoverallunchartedislands (WARNING: This will discover all islands, so use at your own risk, if you donnot want to have them discovered)
- Set the settings in NRaas(Overwatch) to: Delete all Homeless sims True and Delete all vechiels(I cant remember how to spell it xD)

Hopefully this will work (apologies if I forgot any steps), as my game runs very smoothly as of now.
:D!

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Delete them why?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • AkejsaAkejsa Posts: 149 Member
    Delete them why?

Well it's the easiest way xD or you could take much longer and go in and edit all the houses which contain game errors..
    I prefer doing it the lazy way :smiley:

Update: It works very well! Occasionally it plays a bit slow, but get up and run perfectly fine after! I have all expansions installed except for Pets (as I won't have any pets) with a few stuff packs.
  • fruitchew87fruitchew87 Posts: 114 Member
    I have been doing the majority of these fixes for over a month now, and I can confirm that the amount of lag in my Isla Paradiso has gotten much better. I didn't so much delete any families, but I moved all families that were living in houseboats into land lots. When other families take off into the ocean in their houseboats, I've noticed that's when huge lag spikes would hit me. I had to turn off story progression to ensure no new families would move into houseboats.

After a couple hours of playing, however, my lag would slower get worse and worse. I'm wondering if maybe I should delete some families, as you have mentioned, so that it also cuts down on boat-usage overall (i.e. traveling from island to island).

So just to clarify, for anyone wondering what all I have done to nearly eliminate all lag is:
    Overwatch mod (with culling of homeless)
    Errortrap mod
    Remove all families from houseboats
    Discover all islands (to remove the horrible fog lag)

Ellen0909, seeing as you have mentioned that your game runs perfectly now, I think I will try deleting the families you mentioned above. Do you also keep sims out of houseboats? Do you play with story progression on?

Thanks for the info!
    Visit my YouTube channel for my Let's Plays and Build videos <3

FreeSO, it's happening.
    I have been doing the majority of these fixes for over a month now, and I can confirm that the amount of lag in my Isla Paradiso has gotten much better. I didn't so much delete any families, but I moved all families that were living in houseboats into land lots. When other families take off into the ocean in their houseboats, I've noticed that's when huge lag spikes would hit me. I had to turn off story progression to ensure no new families would move into houseboats.

After a couple hours of playing, however, my lag would slower get worse and worse. I'm wondering if maybe I should delete some families, as you have mentioned, so that it also cuts down on boat-usage overall (i.e. traveling from island to island).

So just to clarify, for anyone wondering what all I have done to nearly eliminate all lag is:
    Overwatch mod (with culling of homeless)
    Errortrap mod
    Remove all families from houseboats
    Discover all islands (to remove the horrible fog lag)

Ellen0909, seeing as you have mentioned that your game runs perfectly now, I think I will try deleting the families you mentioned above. Do you also keep sims out of houseboats? Do you play with story progression on?

Thanks for the info!

Hello. Yes, I have story progression on and no, not all sims are evacuated out of their houseboats. My game does run very smoothly (minor hiccups), but may get a little slower when played for like 3 hours or so. If the slowness continues, I would normally save and exit and delete my cache files, DCBackup (or something), and delete FeaturedItems. This actually does help.
    My comp is powerful, but it does get minor hiccups. In-game, the ErrorTrap records many errors a dag and fixes it. Same with Overwatch. It deletes many vehicles a day (maybe over 100?). Have you turned on the option that deletes inactive vehicles? I highly recommend doing so.

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @46982459843 - Yes, even though this is a very old thread, I think it's important to say that deleting families is NOT advised! Simply move them to the clipboard in edit town mode and then move them into a different home. And, definitely follow the link that @lisasc360 posted just above. As it's much easier to copy/paste the redone save file than do it all from scratch. But all the info to redo it yourself is also provided there.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi, I'm going to close this thread now as it's an old one and you seem to be done with clarifying what was suggested back in 2015. Thanks for sharing that link @lisasc360!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top