Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    @Kalle I like your bathroom. And @kristinemancuso I really like the way you've linked the pool and the patio to the house with the choice of surfaces in front and back
  • SunnyKegSunnyKeg Posts: 98 Member
    Thank you, @professorlilith! :)
    Origin ID: SunnyKeg
  • Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    edited June 2015
    Zita1966z wrote: »
    sounds very interesting. So I do this and then upload it into my gallery? Should I then label it "For Sale"?

Thank you! You can use any street name for your build. For example: 218 Rose Street :)
    And yes you re-upload to the gallery as your own build using #underrenovation1 :)
    Sounds good :) I'll give it a try :smile: Where do i find the house?

Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    sounds very interesting. So I do this and then upload it into my gallery? Should I then label it "For Sale"?

Thank you! You can use any street name for your build. For example: 218 Rose Street :)
    And yes you re-upload to the gallery as your own build using #underrenovation1 :)

Hello @Skyfri_Himmel :) The home is in Zita1966z 's studio. The link is
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8469A5AF0AD211E5864FB0D859B2D240
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    @Kalle I like your bathroom. And @kristinemancuso I really like the way you've linked the pool and the patio to the house with the choice of surfaces in front and back
    thanks!
    @gmcrozier the 4x4 balcony is driving you crazy? The narrow one is the one I am struggling with, lol. I want to make it symmetrical (pun intended) but it just isn't built for symmetry.
    truth be told they are both bothering me XD

• jafhsdfjafhsdf Posts: 142 Member
    gmcrozier wrote: »
    Okay, please disregard my previous entry :( I did some no-nos I will remove it and redo my entry

Oh no :'(
    edited June 2015
    :o:worried::open_mouth: So confused
    Post edited by Kaile on
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited June 2015
    Alright lets try this again

Under Renovation: Challenge 1
    Origin ID: gmcrozier
    Forum ID: gmcrozier
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/2289DF8C0CD811E5881385C8F87AB830?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=gmcrozier&max=25
    Street name of build: 605 Maple Drive
    Cheats used: bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and bb.moveobjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $49,810
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes, please

3 Advertising pictures
    06-06-15_10-44nbspPM_zpsb9mckvd9.png
    06-06-15_10-44nbspPM-2_zpsmlmme8y7.png
    06-06-15_10-45nbspPM_zpsyggxubby.png
    605 Maple Drive is very nice! @gmcrozier :) The texture of the exterior looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the blinds either sides of the front windows. The plants look nice along the front edge of the home. The star patterning on the ground in the front area of the home looks very great! The type and placement of the trees either sides of the front garden and on the corners of the backyard complement with the colour and exterior design of the home. Very nice back patio area! Sims will enjoy swimming in the sunken pool. Nice upper balcony art nook for sims to enjoy painting on the easel whilst looking out at the views.
    Very nice living room! The blue/green colour scheme of the room looks very nice and the wooden texture of the side wall complements well with the colour scheme. It looks nice how you have placed the blinds in the room. The bookcases looks very nice how you have placed them either sides of the TV, and that you have the birds picture on the TV wall as a background for when sims are watching programs. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there, watching TV and reading a book. The tissue box on the coffee table is a nice home touch. The type of dining seats that you have used look nice and suit the home. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on dining table for sims to see when sitting eating their meals.
    It is a very nice home :)
    edited June 2015
    @Zita1966z

Are we able to extend and manipulate the current balconys present?

I ask because the directions say:

"You have to decorate the shell build, paint, furnish, put the kitchen and bathrooms in and do your own landscaping. You can do what ever you want to the build, adding a pool, veranda, patio garage, anything... except for changing the structure, but you can change the windows and doors if you wish 2 do so."

and I believe veranda/balcony are the same thing? However I don't know if its changing the structure in this challenge.

Once I know the answer to this I will upload my build :) thanks
    rosemow wrote: »

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8469A5AF0AD211E5864FB0D859B2D240
    Thank you :smile:

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^

• Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    [quote Where do i find the house?[/quote]

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/8469A5AF0AD211E5864FB0D859B2D240[/quote]
    Thank you :smile:

[/quote]

Thank you for the direction to the link @Skyfri_Himmel. Just a FYI for those that do not know me in Origin. My forum ID is Zita1966z and my Origin ID is Zita1966 (without the z) (This is where you will find the house) lol I did fix the signature. Thanx guys :)
    edited June 2015
    Kaile wrote: »
    @Zita1966z

"You have to decorate the shell build, paint, furnish, put the kitchen and bathrooms in and do your own landscaping. You can do what ever you want to the build, adding a pool, veranda, patio garage, anything... except for changing the structure, but you can change the windows and doors if you wish 2 do so."

and I believe veranda/balcony are the same thing? However I don't know if its changing the structure in this challenge.

Sweetpea, you can add what you wish, balcony, patio, doors as long as you do not change the original walls/foundations or adding any rooms. :) For example, The small balcony at the back can not be removed but you can add to it.
    Post edited by Zita1966z on
    edited June 2015
    Challenge 1 Video updated. View all the entries together. Will add more as we progress. Enjoy :)
    Also added to page 1

Post edited by Zita1966z on
    The video is great! :) It is very nice seeing all the entries together. You have presented them well in the video. The effects going from one home to the next is done very nicely. It is great seeing the variety of the homes.
    Thank you @rosemow and it also amazes me to see the totally different views on the empty shell. Every single one is so gorgeous. So excited :)
    edited June 2015
    Unfortunately i didn't see the whole message of the first post in this thread so my lot value exceeds the budget with almost 50.000 simoleons. But because i spend a lot of time doing this, i'm gonna post this anyway. i know i'm not gonna be able to participate in this anymore, but i hope none the less you will still just take a look at it and pm me to tell me whether you like it or not. Thank you in advance.

If you go to the link below you will find the lot. it is for some reason under Zita's name, i dont understand why but it is. And it is named "Under Renovation Week 1:

thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=&max=25

I don't know how to upload pictures here, but i have them in my folder :smile:

And please let me know everything i did wrong with this.

edited June 2015
    Unfortunately i didn't see the whole message of the first post in this thread so my lot value exceeds the budget with almost 50.000 simoleons. But because i spend a lot of time doing this, i'm gonna post this anyway. i know i'm not gonna be able to participate in this anymore, but i hope none the less you will still just take a look at it and pm me to tell me whether you like it or not. Thank you in advance.

If you go to the link below you will find the lot. it is for some reason under Zita's name, i dont understand why but it is. And it is named "Under Renovation Week 1:

thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=&max=25

@Skyfri_Himmel so sorry to hear you went so far over budget. Even though it will not be judged It will still be added to the video so that everyone else can appreciate your hard work. No worries my dear, there are plenty renovations still 2 come and I.m sure your next entry will be within budget. Thank you for submitting <3<3

In the meantime here is your lovely build:
    w3NTtzw.jpg
  • jafhsdfjafhsdf Posts: 142 Member
    @gmcrozier I love the living room! I've got a soft spot for that blue wall color. The game says it's green but I swear it's blue.
  • Heather3184Heather3184 Posts: 431 Member
    Origin ID:Heather3184
    Forum ID:Heather3184
    Link to gallery: Link isn't showing up on Sims Website. :(
    Street name of build:3184 Heather's Way
    Cheats used:moveobjects on
    Total cost of renovation after upload: §49,989.00
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure, why not.

i19wsx.jpg

30crs5u.jpg

24q1fyr.jpg
    bea341.jpg

@Skyfri_Himmel so sorry to hear you went so far over budget. Even though it will not be judged It will still be added to the video so that everyone else can appreciate your hard work. No worries my dear, there are plenty renovations still 2 come and I.m sure your next entry will be within budget. Thank you for submitting <3<3

Thank you :) I'm so glad you will add my build to the video :smile:

Kaile wrote: »
    @Zita1966z

Sweetpea, you can add what you wish, balcony, patio, doors as long as you do not change the original walls/foundations or adding any rooms. :) For example, The small balcony at the back can not be removed but you can add to it.

this changes everything :o thanks!

• RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    ENTRY FORM
    Origin ID: RyeCris16
    Forum ID: RyeCris16
    Link to gallery: Here
    Street name of build: 456 Butterscotch Street
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects (Only in landscaping), bb.showhiddenobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload: §49,611
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes, please! :)

01_zpss8yfhocs.png
    06_zpsxfiimf1q.png
    15_zpsy92ammsk.png
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • ArefaArefa Posts: 35 Member
    Wow a bunch of entries have been entered since last time I checked! They all look so great! I can't wait until I have some time to sit down and look at them all!

I've been busy all weekend working on my entry. I'm all ready to post and it is shared to the Gallery in game... However, I am having trouble getting the link. Every time I go and retrieve it I get the pop-up "Oops something went wrong! Please try again later." I've not had this issue before. :( I'm hoping the online gallery will sort itself out by tomorrow so I can post my pictures and links.
    zE5f3I7.jpg
    View my other creations on the Sims 4 Gallery or by using #arefa
    Origin ID: Arefa86
  • professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    @Zita1966z I'm glad to hear we can extend the balconies. I don't know for rue I will, but I like having the option.@Heather3184 your roofing is beautiful.