Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UPDATED 6/6 My House Showcase - #BuildNewcrest

ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello

I wanted to share with everyone my awesome new house that I built for my sims. I am considering uploading it to the Gallery but I haven't decided yet. If I do would people be interested in the furnished or unfurnished models or both! Please let me know what you think! ;)

I also wanted to tag @meganalyssa94 in this because she was interested in seeing the whole house.

UPDATE: The house is now available on the Gallery, it's called Barondale (or search username Love_Wasaabi). I had to change the tiles around the pool to terrain paint due to a testing issue where some of them would get deleted when you place the lot and couldn't be replaced. I believe that this is due to the basement and the known issues with level terrain on the Oakenstead lot in WC. You may need to replace some of the benches around the pool and in the garden as well as the horseshoe pit since those items also deleted when the lot was placed but there is terrain paint to mark the areas so it should be easy to fill in. Also in testing I noticed that all the painted canvases loose their frames and need to be redone. There are also tons of emotional aura items in the house and you will need to enable the auras for them to work in your game. The house uses the MOO cheat so enable that before you place the lot to avoid issues. There are also 2 sun disks that need to be enlarged with the "shift ]" cheat, one is on the side of the house above the walkout basement and the other is on the retaining wall for the basement by the fountain and the clock over the mantle in the basement, if you are confused check the pics in this thread for locations.

I also removed all the family photos from the home and replaced them with various pieces of art to fill in the blank spaces. Feel free to take your own family portraits and replace what I have removed. The collections item (my sims statues and eggs) have also been removed from the build.

ALL the plants on the property are perfect and the fishing pond is a RARE spawner. The Lot was built with objects from the Digital Deluxe edition, Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work.

GALLERY LINK http://www.thesims.com/gallery/2D2BB883EC9711E48E0D74782C4318E8?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=barondale&max=25
Front of the House
gUcrDar.png

Back of House
AaXZS7g.png

Walkout Basement
FX22jeA.png
1SgmOf6.png

Outdoor Areas
Garden
YMHryUf.png
Fishing Pond
XhQTB0R.png
Fire Pit
TIhkHPQ.png

Floor Plan - from lowest basement level to the 3rd floor

Lower Basement Level
5NKjz14.png
Walkout Basement Level
3z8DYa5.png
First Floor
yOcTarH.png
Second Floor
K6bBcjM.png
Third Floor
gLBYLEW.png

First Floor Interior
Grand Entryway
k1wR7xB.png
QxpJGrW.png
A1bdLbM.png
Kitchen and and Breakfast Nook
9S3l7o8.png
M81DYtR.png
s7m5iah.png
CMoTL9u.png
Dining Room
MOFs4FN.png
Bar and Card Room
Ta4EKhG.png
The card table is hidden behind the table lamp in this pic
lsQYUO6.png
Family Room
MLccOqm.png
Sun Room
4P2kK0n.png
Home Office
HgdXXTw.png
Writers Retreat
S8CVMdJ.png
First Floor Bathroom
RO3yJZa.png

Second Floor
Landing Area
rsIcWGX.png
j3K6cNK.png
Guest Bedroom
Lw8JS5p.png
cUeFeqS.png
Art Studio
BQ5rXtK.png
cp5UZJX.png
QwQwW22.png
Library
eSGZA2A.png
Music Room
s4XoABY.png
Second Floor Bathroom
2nGxqCx.png

Third Floor
Game Room
i157CNj.png
razztix.png
2yL0VMy.png

Walkout Basement Level
Entryway
ziIzeIr.png
Seating Area
nQqb22i.png
oRglgcf.png
Downstairs Bar with a Pool View!
Cq09uO5.png
Hallway to Master Bedroom
C71VmW7.png
Formal Living Room
98kfXAN.png
Home Gym
VdgWvM8.png
Master Bedroom with a Pool View!
wKii1b3.png
jPSaY6X.png
fI2dvZQ.png
His Closet
8q9eUAs.png
Her Closet
auiFzRr.png
Master Bathroom
PSrbOHR.png

Lower Basement Level
Entertainment Area - the bookcase is actually a secret door to the science lab!
R3Jw8ie.png
Collection Display
o29OeaE.png
Art Gallery
7gCFylL.png
BvzUVy0.png
Hidden Science Lab
ML103xU.png
Post edited by ShadyLady_DQ on

Comments

• meganalyssa94meganalyssa94 Posts: 199 Member
    Sooooooo creative! I've obviously already let you know my vote for putting it on the gallery ;) I would definitely prefer the already furnished version because I am terrible at decorating houses and everything you have decorated it with looks lovely! Very big and rich looking house. The only thing is that if you do upload it I would have tons of pictures of your Sim family xD. But it isn't bad because it will actually give me a chance to totally try out the photography skill since I haven't yet and I can replace those pics with ones of my Sim family :)

But again wonderful job! I have never been more amazed by a house in TS4 until yours! It totally fits my style! :)
  • ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2015
    Sooooooo creative! I've obviously already let you know my vote for putting it on the gallery ;) I would definitely prefer the already furnished version because I am terrible at decorating houses and everything you have decorated it with looks lovely! Very big and rich looking house. The only thing is that if you do upload it I would have tons of pictures of your Sim family xD. But it isn't bad because it will actually give me a chance to totally try out the photography skill since I haven't yet and I can replace those pics with ones of my Sim family :)

But again wonderful job! I have never been more amazed by a house in TS4 until yours! It totally fits my style! :)

Awe thanks so much for the nice comments. If I put it on the gallery I will probably remove the family photos and the collectibles (my sims statues and eggs) but every else will remain the same. My simself also painted all the painting in the house, but I will leave those in because they are less personal. Oh and all the plants are perfect and the fishing hole is a rare spawner as well!

That would be preferable. Probably for others too so they can add their own little touches. But it still stands that I will fill those empty spaces with pictures of my sims as well. I like how it looks with your sims and it's a good idea to add lots of personal photos :)

I would definitely download it regardless, I can't emphasize that enough! Lol :)
    edited April 2015
    @meganalyssa94 you have convinced me! I am currently working on editing the lot to remove the photos. I will replace some of them with paintings to fill in the blank space, but please feel free to delete those and hang up your family photos instead.

I really love the portrait studio (except that I had to add a sim to my household to take the couple pics) as well as the camera and I think it makes the game so much more personal to be able to capture precious moments in your sim's lives.

Edited to add: @meganalyssa94 I love your siggy, Revenge is a great show and Nolan is awesome!
    Yayyyyy! :smiley: I cannot wait until it is ready to download! I will move my family into it immediately! I think it is a great thing that they added in GTW. I have only dabbled with the selfies for now but I really want to try using the actual photo studio (good thing there is one in the basement of your house!).

Yeah Revenge is one of my favorite shows! So excited for tonight since it is on! Only a few episodes left! Nolan is so fashionable, but I really love Jack! :)
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Stunning build
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Beautiful showcase. I love the fact that you did a walk out basement
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    Well that is one amazing home, I think my favorite part is the exterior! I love a pretty outside view.
    259g3le.gif
    Thank you @Nhicks and @Liltab1121 the walkout basement and exterior are some of my favorite parts too!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Your home is very nice! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! Very nice layout of the build, both outdoors and the interior of the home! Nice texture of the exterior. The water fountain in the front garden is nice for sims to see when coming to the home. The flowers look nice around the base of the fountain, and it looks pretty how you have placed the plants and flowers on the edges of the home. It looks very nice how you have done the water fountain feature at the back area of the home! The walkout basement area is very nice! Very nice gardening, fish pond and fire pit areas! The layout and furnishing of the interior of the home is very nice! Each level of the home is very nice! It is a very detailed home, so I won't post on all the rooms but I am enjoying looking at the pictures of them! It is a very nice home, both indoors and outside! :)
    Thank you so much @rosemow your comments are always so positive and nice! I'm so glad you enjoy the pics, I was afraid I was kinda afraid that I posted too many but there are so many rooms. lol
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Great work!
    5sXtTqH.png
    Here is my new house for my build showcase. It is a lovely 1br/1ba ranch style starter home for your sims for under $20,000 simoleons. The exterior features brick accents, harvestable roses and lily flowers as well as a veggie garden with mushrooms, spinach, basil and onions for the aspiring chef. The interior is well appointed with mid-range appliances and furniture to make your sim comfortable at home.

You can download this house from the Gallery HERE

Front of House
    tc1NGaa.png

Back of House
    kGNXphM.png

Interior - View from the Front Door
    pQLSrdb.png

Interior - The door straight ahead leads to the bathroom and the door to the right leads to the bedroom.
    lpY9jyo.png

Kitchen
    eXNIjwE.png

Bathroom
    Mpo9ado.png

Bedroom - from the door
    34SCp5O.png

Bedroom - from the dresser
    JRnZZVO.png
    Brick Ranch Starter is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of the home! The brick texture of the exterior is nice, and the open shutter windows on the front and side of the exterior adds a nice look to the home. It looks pretty how you have placed flowers near the mail box and on the side of the front pathway. It looks very nice how you have done the front and back stone pathways. Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the planters and garden box at the front and back areas of the home. The plants look nice how you have placed them under the front windows. Nice umbrella covered table area for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the sunshine. The curved back porch looks nice. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The wooden flooring looks nice. Nice sofa seat sitting area for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the seat watching TV or reading a book from the bookcase whilst enjoying the sunshine coming in through the windows. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows whilst waiting for the meals to cook. The bar stool counter is a nice place for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools eating a meal. The blue/green and white colour scheme of the bathroom looks very nice! The wall and floor pattern looks very nice. Sims will have very nice views of the outdoors through their bedroom windows whilst laying in bed. The yellow flowers plant on the dresser adds a nice sunny touch in the room.
    The home is very nice :)
  • kaichen04kaichen04 Posts: 376 Member
    Hello

I wanted to share with everyone my awesome new house that I built for my sims. I am considering uploading it to the Gallery but I haven't decided yet. If I do would people be interested in the furnished or unfurnished models or both! Please let me know what you think! ;)

I also wanted to tag @meganalyssa94 in this because she was interested in seeing the whole house.

UPDATE: The house is now available on the Gallery, it's called Barondale (or search username Love_Wasaabi). I had to change the tiles around the pool to terrain paint due to a testing issue where some of them would get deleted when you place the lot and couldn't be replaced. I believe that this is due to the basement and the known issues with level terrain on the Oakenstead lot in WC. You may need to replace some of the benches around the pool and in the garden as well as the horseshoe pit since those items also deleted when the lot was placed but there is terrain paint to mark the areas so it should be easy to fill in. Also in testing I noticed that all the painted canvases loose their frames and need to be redone. There are also tons of emotional aura items in the house and you will need to enable the auras for them to work in your game. The house uses the MOO cheat so enable that before you place the lot to avoid issues. There are also 2 sun disks that need to be enlarged with the "shift ]" cheat, one is on the side of the house above the walkout basement and the other is on the retaining wall for the basement by the fountain and the clock over the mantle in the basement, if you are confused check the pics in this thread for locations.

I also removed all the family photos from the home and replaced them with various pieces of art to fill in the blank spaces. Feel free to take your own family portraits and replace what I have removed. The collections item (my sims statues and eggs) have also been removed from the build.

ALL the plants on the property are perfect and the fishing pond is a RARE spawner. The Lot was built with objects from the Digital Deluxe edition, Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work.

GALLERY LINK http://www.thesims.com/gallery/2D2BB883EC9711E48E0D74782C4318E8?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=barondale&max=25

The walk out basement is a show stopper. I also like how the backyard area integrates well with the woods. I love the closet-like area you created. I had never seen anything like it for the game yet. Everything is very tasteful and proper. I feel inside the Titanic.I love how the house is equipped with all sorts of skilling objects and entertainment options. The pool window into the bedroom is breathtaking. There's even a hidden science lab!
    Thank you guys for the nice comments @rosemow and @kaichen04
    edited June 2015
    #BuildNewcrest
    This is the Industrial District, inspired by some converted warehouses near me. Check out my blog for full interior pics and more information.
    You can download the lots from the gallery here.

Sowh7FH.png
    Qwvsl15.png
    EIEm3TX.png
    tj09BoB.png
    mMxFlUi.png
    pcsuQzV.png
    mGPCs8l.png
    ToDoCeo.png
    It is great that you have created an industrial district set of homes for the new world Newcrest! :) Each of the four homes are very nice! Very nice exterior designs of them! The colours and textures on the exteriors look very nice! The Loft duplex home is very nice how you have designed it as two lofts in the one build! It is nice how you have based the Station House on the theme of it being a covered old fire station. The real life photos of the buildings that you based the homes on are very nice. It is great how the Feed Mill sign on one of the buildings led you to create the Feed Mill home in the game. The three storey Warehouse build is very nice, as is all of the builds ! Very nice furnishing of the homes! It is very nice of you that you have created this set of homes to share with the simming community in preparation for the new world. The homes look great together! They will make a very nice district in the new world :)
    Thank you for you nice comment, I drive by those apartments everyday and they look very good together and it inspired me to create an entire neighborhood that is themed together and Newcrest is the perfect opportunity to do that and share it with the community!
    edited June 2015
    I have spent many hours creating the entire world of Newcrest for everyone to enjoy, please visit my blog for complete information and Gallery links for downloads. #BuildNewcrest
    The world is divided into 3 neighborhoods (show in order below), the affordable neighborhood of Aqueduct Place, the middle class neighborhood of converted warehouses in The Industrial District and the exclusive and affluent Creekside Estates neighborhood.
    vcAkFqM.png
    T9RjBpt.png
    XelGA2V.png
    Your three Newcrest world neighbourhoods are very nice! :) You would have spent many, many hours and put in such a lot of work to create all the builds for the neighbourhoods! It is very nice reading both the descriptions of each of the neighbourhoods as well as the background description of each of the builds in the neighbourhoods. The builds are very nice! Simmers will enjoy creating their own world filled with your homes that complement each other in the neighbourhood! Thankyou for sharing your builds with the Simming community! :)
    Thank you so much for you nice comment, I had a lot of fun (and time spend) creating this and I hope the community will enjoy it.
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    Awesome builds for your Newcrest world, great creativity and design, wonderful work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • AmethystSageAmethystSage Posts: 1 New Member
    I LOVE your "sun" room :smile: