Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2015
    So we cannot delete walls but we can replace the arches with doors correct?

also if remove and replace window do they have to be in the exact same position or spot?

can we make walls bigger/smaller?
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    All challenges from now on will be posted on page 1 <3
  • Options
    thanks zita <3
  • Options
    Kaile wrote: »
    So we cannot delete walls but we can replace the arches with doors correct?

also if remove and replace window do they have to be in the exact same position or spot?

Doors and windows can be removed, deleted, replaced as u wish and placed anywhere you desire. As for the inside walls, you can place arches and doors as you wish as long as the wall is not removed as it form part of the structure :)
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    Thanks, Zitq1966z
  • Options
    thanks zita

one more: we can make the ceilings higher? (CHANGE WALL HEIGHT) :open_mouth: ??
  • Options
    thanks zita

one more: we can make the ceilings higher? (CHANGE WALL HEIGHT) :open_mouth: ??

LOL I think that would be changing the structure. :)
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    @mommataurus2 your rustic build is amazing I never would have thought of that approach since the original shell looked so modern. Great job, very creative <3

Thanks Kaile. :) My motto: ALWAYS think outside the box!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    66 Flamingo Way is a very nice home! @pammiechick :) The colour of the exterior looks very nice, and the awnings complement with the exterior colour of the home. Very nice upper balcony! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there on the seats, enjoying the outdoors views. It looks nice the type of front windows that you have used. The pink flamingoes, flowers and tree feature that you have done in the front area of the home is very nice! It is great that you have named the home to reflect the flamingos. The front footpath paving and the lights either side of it looks nice. It looks nice how you have a front gate entrance to the home. Very nice living room! The blue and white colour scheme of the room looks very calming and restful. It looks very nice how you have placed the armchairs and sofa. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there, having a chat and watching TV. The blue patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the area. The flower cart is pretty in the corner nook for sims to see when coming to the kitchen. It looks very nice how you have placed the different sized fruit pictures on the wall next to the kitchen arch door! They look great! Very nice kitchen and dining room! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets, and the stone textured stove wall looks nice. The white flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to enjoy looking at whilst dining there. It looks very nice how you have done the round bar stools counter with the column in it! The neon bar sign is a nice touch on the wall. The wooden flooring looks nice.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    2515 Charlotte Street is a very nice home! @Liziann1 :) The types of windows that you have used in the build and blue colour of them looks very nice. The plants look nice how you have placed them either sides of the front door, for sims to enjoy seeing as they are coming to enter the home. The planter box looks nice on the side wall. It looks very nice how you have done the patterned lawn! Very nice back pool patio! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, or enjoy sitting poolside on the seat bench, enjoying the sunshine. The plants look nice either sides of the white seat bench. The hearts are a nice touch on the wall. The lavender plants look so pretty lining the edges of the fencing! Very nice living room! The pink and purple colour scheme of the room looks very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas, listening to music from the stereo and watching TV . The yellow flowers picture is nice for sims to see in the room when sitting there. The patterned floor complements the colour scheme. Very nice corner nook table! The flowers and sculpture there look very nice!
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Thank you @rosemow
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Is this okay?
    05-26-15_9-06nbspPM_zpsrnxmx8hf.png

or is it considered changing the structure since I'm adding a 1x1 wall?
  • Options
    Is this okay?
    05-26-15_9-06nbspPM_zpsrnxmx8hf.png

or is it considered changing the structure since I'm adding a 1x1 wall?

Thats fine because you did not remove a wall and you basically build a shower in2 the wall <3
  • Options
    SunnyKegSunnyKeg Posts: 98 Member
    Under Renovation: Challenge 1
    Origin ID: SunnyKeg
    Forum ID: kristinemancuso
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/912064980C8F11E58A796B769642F2F7?category=all&amp;
    Street name of build: 113 Palm Court
    Cheats used:
    bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    bb.moveobjects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 49,999
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure
    18531657372_f0e907b017_z.jpg
    18509687036_c28a62e2b5_z.jpg
    18348393200_a4c5ed27ef_z.jpg
  • Options
    113 Palm Court is very nice! @kristinemancuso :) The angled roofing is very nice! The colour and texture of the exterior looks very nice, and very nice type of windows that you have used in the build. It looks very nice how you have done the patterned front footpath! The plants are nice touches on the edges of the front of the home and beside the front porch. The palm tree is nice in the front garden. The backyard area is so nice! Very nice pool area! It looks very nice how you have done the diamond grass sections beside the pool where the trees are! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool. Very nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating their meals at the umbrella covered table, enjoying being out in the sunshine. The water fountain features on the side of the patio area look very nice. The plant is a nice touch on the upper balcony. The kitchen is very nice! The blue and green colour scheme of the room looks very nice! The green ceiling lanterns look very pretty and complement well with the blue coloured cabinets and counters. The black brick kitchen wall looks nice. Very nice island bar stool counter! The orange flowers on the countertop are pretty for sims to see whilst sitting on the stools enjoying eating a meal. The wooden flooring looks nice.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    SunnyKegSunnyKeg Posts: 98 Member
    Thank you so much, @rosemow, your comments are very kind!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    So we can/cant add walls?? sorry for all the questions
  • Options
    So we can/cant add walls?? sorry for all the questions

You can add interior as long as you do not change or take away any existing walls :)
  • Options
    thank you zita!
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Okay, please disregard my previous entry :( I did some no-nos I will remove it and redo my entry
  • Options
    the back yard top story balcony is driving me crazy :neutral: Is it against the rules to change that or make it larger? more than a 4x4?
  • Options
    Thanks for the clarifications on interior walls, @Zita1966z. I had an idea and that will help! Also, thank you for your good wishes, @rosemow.
  • Options
    @gmcrozier the 4x4 balcony is driving you crazy? The narrow one is the one I am struggling with, lol. I want to make it symmetrical (pun intended) but it just isn't built for symmetry.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    66 Flamingo Way is a very nice home! @pammiechick :) The colour of the exterior looks very nice, and the awnings complement with the exterior colour of the home. Very nice upper balcony! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there on the seats, enjoying the outdoors views. It looks nice the type of front windows that you have used. The pink flamingoes, flowers and tree feature that you have done in the front area of the home is very nice! It is great that you have named the home to reflect the flamingos. The front footpath paving and the lights either side of it looks nice. It looks nice how you have a front gate entrance to the home. Very nice living room! The blue and white colour scheme of the room looks very calming and restful. It looks very nice how you have placed the armchairs and sofa. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there, having a chat and watching TV. The blue patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the area. The flower cart is pretty in the corner nook for sims to see when coming to the kitchen. It looks very nice how you have placed the different sized fruit pictures on the wall next to the kitchen arch door! They look great! Very nice kitchen and dining room! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets, and the stone textured stove wall looks nice. The white flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to enjoy looking at whilst dining there. It looks very nice how you have done the round bar stools counter with the column in it! The neon bar sign is a nice touch on the wall. The wooden flooring looks nice.
    It is a very nice home :)

Thank you, @rosemow ! As always, I look forward to your sweet comments! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg