Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to pre-build for new world?

PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
They gave lot sizes, so do I find a lot that same size, and if it is not empty, save it to library, bulldoze it and then build?

Then save the new one to library for when we have the world and put back my original lot in this one if I wanted to keep it?

This is the only way I can think of. Is there an easier way to build before we actually have the world?

Edited to replace gallery with library - which I really meant. Lol.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The people that got contacted from Maxis were told to use only base game itemes in the lots they created for Newcrest.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »
    They gave lot sizes, so do I find a lot that same size, and if it is not empty, save it to gallery, bulldoze it and then build?

Then save the new one to gallery for when we have the world and put back my original lot in this one if I wanted to keep it?

This is the only way I can think of. Is there an easier way to build before we actually have the world?

I think the 50x40 is a new lot size coming in the patch as I haven't seen it in base game. Yes you use current empty lots or bulldoze in Willowcreek,Oasis Springs or Magnolia Promanade and upload to the gallery.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    You could start a new save in order to work on any lot without worry. You can also delete that save or keep it in case you just want space to build. Just a thought.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    The people that got contacted from Maxis were told to use only base game itemes in the lots they created for Newcrest.

That's just so Maxis can highlight them for everybody, including people who don't have the GP and EP. It wouldn't affect those of us prebuilding just for ourselves, not for Maxis.

OP - you don't have to use the Gallery if you aren't sharing with other people. You can save to your Library.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have one save called "builds" and I bull dozed everything including community lots in both WC and OS, so I have plenty of room to build. Now since I play on 2 computers I do upload them to the community gallery so I can find them when I want them.

And, BTW I have no problem with anyone using them. I would like to see what they do with them if the remodel and/or improve on them. So if you've tinkered with one of my builds please PM me with your ID or a pic so I can see what you've done.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »
    They gave lot sizes, so do I find a lot that same size, and if it is not empty, save it to gallery, bulldoze it and then build?

Then save the new one to gallery for when we have the world and put back my original lot in this one if I wanted to keep it?

I think the 50x40 is a new lot size coming in the patch as I haven't seen it in base game. Yes you use current empty lots or bulldoze in Willowcreek,Oasis Springs or Magnolia Promanade and upload to the gallery.

I think there's a 50x40 lot in Oasis Spring, the one in the same district where the Landgraab house is.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    You could also prebuild for a 50x40 by just not using part of a 50x50 lot, since we can drop a larger lot from the Library or Gallery onto a smaller one now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    You could also prebuild for a 50x40 by just not using part of a 50x50 lot, since we can drop a larger lot from the Library or Gallery onto a smaller one now.

Oh I forgot they added that, that's very helpful!
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member

Why was tht? Sorry I don't understand why.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    emmaning wrote: »

I'm guessing it is just so people who don't have any packs don't have to sort the offerings. I think this is just for their official hashtag and anyone can put #Newcrest in their builds without limitation.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I'm guessing it is just so people who don't have any packs don't have to sort the offerings. I think this is just for their official hashtag and anyone can put #Newcrest in their builds without limitation.

It's #BuildNewcrest
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It's #BuildNewcrest

LOL I know that is the official tag. I was saying that using a variation shouldn't get you contacted by EA with limitations. However, I'm sure those who didn't know the official tag are glad you shared it!

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Yep this is the exact reason.