Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy Play Thread :)

Comments

• Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I also started a tumblr recently. The game is more fun when you're posting about it for some reason, lol.

Here are my girls:
    tumblr_inline_np4hitGHxR1tv1ptm_500.png
    tumblr_inline_npcem5xuQP1tv1ptm_500.png
    tumblr_inline_np7a1vutJW1tv1ptm_500.png

Your girls are so cute. Love the expression on the sim's face in the second pic. Are they roommates? Related?
    Thanks! They are sisters!
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Um...I'm a deviant Simmer, so killing my Sims and making funny pictures makes me happy.]

That is creepy. I'm going to have nightmares.

Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Thanks for making this thread.

I like watching house build videos on YouTube and using the tips and tricks to build houses. It makes it more enjoyable when you build something that you've gotten inspired by someone else's build.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I did download some lots of remakes of the first three Goth homes. I turned that corner of Willow Creek into 4 Goth homes. It's looks pretty cool (in my opinion), and there are some really well built remodels in the gallery.

Could you please posts pics of that part of the neighborhood. Sounds cool.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    edited June 2015
    Well, actually I'm playing with an alien sim (that alien in my profile picture) who is a funny detective, photographer and painter. She's actually dating a guy, suffering for her dead parents and arresting criminals. She's also returned recently from a trip to Granite Falls, where she took lots of pictures!

27-05-15_21-40-6.png

14-05-15_20-47-2.png

13-05-15_18-08-3.png

Plus this is a library & study place I made some time ago and I wanted opinions since is my first lot, haha. If you like it you can find on the gallery via my ID HausOfSuper

17-02-15_13-10.png

Male. INFP. Virgo.
    Also, I'm searching for some building tips, if anyone has some, feel free to share with me.

(Very pretty garden and park you did! It brings me a feeling like I am in the picture.)
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    I've killed off Sims intentionally ... and frequently. The Black Widow and Vengeful Diety achievements are easy. It's also a good way to get the ghost achievements with some dead Sims around :) . I did download some lots of remakes of the first three Goth homes. I turned that corner of Willow Creek into 4 Goth homes. It's looks pretty cool (in my opinion), and there are some really well built remodels in the gallery.

Love your user name. :) Reminds me of something out the Harry Potter series. I have Harry, Ron, and Hermione in my Oasis Springs neighborhood.
    Thank you. I never even thought of Harry Potter. It's a name I used many (many) years ago when I played Dungeons and Dragons. It's a variation of Olde English, meaning Wolf King (Ulfric) of the Savage Blade (Grimbrand). Ulf = Wolf, Ric = King, Grim = Savage, and Brand = Blade or Sword. And now you've had your totally unnecessary English and History lesson for today ;)

But totally interesting. Thanks. :)
    Well, actually I'm playing with an alien sim (that alien in my profile picture) who is a funny detective, photographer and painter. She's actually dating a guy, suffering for her dead parents and arresting criminals. She's also returned recently from a trip to Granite Falls, where she took lots of pictures!

27-05-15_21-40-6.png

14-05-15_20-47-2.png

13-05-15_18-08-3.png

Plus this is a library & study place I made some time ago and I wanted opinions since is my first lot, haha. If you like it you can find on the gallery via my ID HausOfSuper

17-02-15_13-10.png

Your library is very impressive! Thanks to simmers like you I don't have to worry about building lots. :)
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @simgirl1010 - I love your garden. Thanks for starting this thread.
    I haven't gotten a chance to play since last Saturday, but my current household is an alien family, 2nd generation. It started out with Tatyiana & Derek, two aliens that were high school sweethearts & got married as soon as they were YA. Derek started in the science career and Tatyiana in the doctor career. It wasn't long before their 1st child Madison was born and then Ty. Followed shortly with their 3rd child Khloe & 4th child Dallas, Derek & Tatyiana decided to open their own retail store....an art gallery. OK...fast forward weeks & hours of playing...Madison & Ty are YA, have married & kids of their own & have moved out. Derek & Tatyiana are both level 10 in their careers. They had a 5th child, Bridgette & they now own 3 businesses & had earned enough perk points to buy all the retail perks.

I've having such a blast with this family. & somehow I've found time to have luxury parties & go to night clubs & socialize. Derek is a bit too romantic, as he has had several affairs & a total of 20 kids (yikes). Tatyiana did catch him in the last affair....& their relationship took a nice hit. So we'll see, if their relationship can be repaired. All the money from the businesses is what is keeping these two together. If they divorce & someone moves out, I think they'll lose the business perks which is definitely not an option. Tatyiana has her eyes set on a young co-worker....so she may set out on an affair of her own (LOL).
  • WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    I made a new Sim named Andrea Guinea and IDK, I might play with her but she's kind of meh to me. Maybe I'm just weird. What do y'all think?
    06-04-15_10-54nbspPM.png

First thing that happened was Don Lothario stopped by to chat her up. By the look on her face, she knows what kind of game he plays.
    06-04-15_10-57nbspPM.png
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
    I made a new Sim named Andrea Guinea and IDK, I might play with her but she's kind of meh to me. Maybe I'm just weird. What do y'all think?
    06-04-15_10-54nbspPM.png

First thing that happened was Don Lothario stopped by to chat her up. By the look on her face, she knows what kind of game he plays.
    06-04-15_10-57nbspPM.png

She's very pretty and looks like she would definitely be able to hold her own with Don. :) Let us know what happens. What traits did you give her?
    @simgirl1010 - I love your garden. Thanks for starting this thread.
    I haven't gotten a chance to play since last Saturday, but my current household is an alien family, 2nd generation. It started out with Tatyiana & Derek, two aliens that were high school sweethearts & got married as soon as they were YA. Derek started in the science career and Tatyiana in the doctor career. It wasn't long before their 1st child Madison was born and then Ty. Followed shortly with their 3rd child Khloe & 4th child Dallas, Derek & Tatyiana decided to open their own retail store....an art gallery. OK...fast forward weeks & hours of playing...Madison & Ty are YA, have married & kids of their own & have moved out. Derek & Tatyiana are both level 10 in their careers. They had a 5th child, Bridgette & they now own 3 businesses & had earned enough perk points to buy all the retail perks.

I've having such a blast with this family. & somehow I've found time to have luxury parties & go to night clubs & socialize. Derek is a bit too romantic, as he has had several affairs & a total of 20 kids (yikes). Tatyiana did catch him in the last affair....& their relationship took a nice hit. So we'll see, if their relationship can be repaired. All the money from the businesses is what is keeping these two together. If they divorce & someone moves out, I think they'll lose the business perks which is definitely not an option. Tatyiana has her eyes set on a young co-worker....so she may set out on an affair of her own (LOL).

Thanks! I really had fun with that garden.

Wow! You sound like you have your hands full with everything going on in that household. 5 kids and 3 businesses. :o Does Derek keep in touch and see his other children? Do you mainly play the one family?
    @simgirl1010 - I love your garden in the OP! It's very beautiful.

edit: typo

Thanks!
  • WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    06-04-15_10-54nbspPM.png

06-04-15_10-57nbspPM.png

She's very pretty and looks like she would definitely be able to hold her own with Don. :) Let us know what happens. What traits did you give her?

Music lover, materialistic, and good. So I guess you're right, she seems to have both a cynical and a moral side. Her lifetime aspiration or whatever it's called in 4 is to find a soul mate, though. maybe I will make it a personal challenge to tame don. :)
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
    DeKay wrote: »
    Thanks for making this thread.

I like watching house build videos on YouTube and using the tips and tricks to build houses. It makes it more enjoyable when you build something that you've gotten inspired by someone else's build.

You're welcome. :) Have you put any houses on the gallery yet?
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I did download some lots of remakes of the first three Goth homes. I turned that corner of Willow Creek into 4 Goth homes. It's looks pretty cool (in my opinion), and there are some really well built remodels in the gallery.

Could you please posts pics of that part of the neighborhood. Sounds cool.

The Goth TS4 Home is from Maxis (naturally)
    The Goth TS3 Home is from sakuraleon (Location Parkshore)
    The Goth TS2 Home is from nicke139 (Location Umbrage Manor)
    The Goth TS1 Home is from SimifyMeCaptain (Location Hollow Slough)

Oh wow. The neighborhood and houses looks great! Thank you for the creator's names and for posting pics. I sure hope Maxis comes out with a neighborhood similar to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 or MH. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    i LOVE this thread!
    i am currently playing my first legacy challenge, Gwen is the founder, she is the one in my picture her husband Lawson just died of old age a few hours ago, she is patiently waiting for his ghost to appear now! She also has one daughter named Juniper who is married with a daughter named Pheobe Gwen.
    Gwen also has 2 step children via Lawson getting abducted twice, Ezra and Amelia are her step kids.
    Ezra is off and married to a half alien girl named Ariella, whose mother Elora was Gwen's dear friend before she passed on.
    Ariella and Ezra have two children, a daughter named Elora and a son named Lawson :)

Here's some pics

Lawson & Gwen
    b7glko.png

Oldest Daughter Juniper with husband Alejandro
    24e0w82.png

Son Ezra with wife Ariella & daughter Elora
    jja7eq.png

Gwen mourning over Lawson, this picture just breaks my heart :'(
    5xu842.jpg
    you're ele-phantastic
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2015
    06-04-15_10-54nbspPM.png

06-04-15_10-57nbspPM.png
    I love her hair. Where did you get it? She is very pretty, so nice job making her. I like her freckles too. Nice CC combo.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    06-04-15_10-54nbspPM.png

06-04-15_10-57nbspPM.png

Where did you get her hair?
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    I've seen many comments from simmers wondering why simmers who are happy with and having fun with the game on the forum if we're having so much fun with the game. For me, sharing my game and seeing what others are doing is an integral part of my total simming experience. You get ideas, tips, and just a general sense of community from knowing others are also having fun with the game. So I thought I'd create this thread so simmers who are enjoying the game could share that enjoyment. Please feel free to share what's happening in your game, introduce your families, post when you or your sims reach a milestone. Share any tips you have for making the game more enjoyable, any mods you come across, any awesome custom content, any game tutorials. Ask your game play related questions. I'm sure there is a lot that we'd all like to see implemented and we can share those ideas also. Let's please remain respectful of one another and see how long it takes to reach the first goal of 50 pages! Happy Simming!

And to start us off I'd like to share my Perfect Garden from the Gallery.

Thanks so much to samhui1230 for the original beautiful lot. I turned it into a perfect garden now available for download. There is a base game version and also a version with Outdoor Retreat plants. The lot is coded as residential but you can easily turn it into a National Park. There is also a basement. I turned it into a rec center and it seems very popular with my neighborhood sims.

Right now I have mine coded as a National Park which only requires a grill, trash can, and picnic table. Once we get the new neighborhoods I might move it to a larger lot and change it to a Park.

Lot_zpsiahj6qu2.png

Perfect%20Garden%20Base%20Game_zpsqru9wygb.png

My origin id is SIMGIRL1010.

ETA: I wanted to add if there are any disrespectful comments please just ignore or report if necessary. Thanks!

I feel like such an idiot. In my first post, I meant to tell you how great that garden looks!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @ponderberries, your purple haired sim in really cute. I love brightly coloured hair :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited June 2015

05-01-15_12-43nbspPM_zpsfjj75n8l.png

So freaking cute <3<3 Why is it so cute? Can't take the cuteness :#<3
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Also, I'm searching for some building tips, if anyone has some, feel free to share with me.

(Very pretty garden and park you did! It brings me a feeling like I am in the picture.)

You can watch a couple of videos from this guy. I love his builds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSEbsyTpyxo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ1_C9mhQIw
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif