Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    I also saw this nice entry in the gallery, maybe @Bilalsaid forgot to enter here. Just saying :D

00.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    GuruFanNo1 wrote: »
    I also saw this nice entry in the gallery, maybe @Bilalsaid forgot to enter here. Just saying :D

00.jpg

If you will notice, the expense is around $150,000--a bit too much! LOL!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • GuruFanNo1GuruFanNo1 Posts: 389 Member
    O I did not even see that. But it is still lovely house :)
    Question? Can I make a second floor balcony?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    I'm trapped for time most days but I can try to give it a whirl! Can't say 100% I'll make the deadline though. :smile:
    5sXtTqH.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Evergreen Drive 109 is a very nice home! @GuruFanNo1 :) It looks very nice how you have changed roofing! The stone texture of the exterior looks very nice. The altered balcony railing and the window on the top front of the exterior gives a nice look to the build. It looks very nice how you have placed the stone fencing along the edges of the front pathway, and have the nice touches of the trees either sides of the end of the pathway. The plants look nice placed around the base of the tree in the front area of the build . Nice curved front patio! The sitting area is nice there. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seats in the sunshine having a chat. Very nice pool area ! It looks great how you have angled the pool. Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool. Very nice kitchen and dining area! The purple colour scheme of the room looks so very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets! The flowers on top of the dining table are pretty for sims to see when eating their meals. The patterned floor rug underneath the dining table complements well in the colour scheme of the area. It is nice that you have a curved kitchen work bench counter. Jamie Ann will have fun playing outdoors on the monkey bars.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    This sounded so good I actually started right away. Thank you for posting this challenge! Iwasn't sure about adding additional windows, but decided to do it either way. If that wasn't allowed, i'll remove them later on. Oh, and how do I add a link to the gallery? Thanks

Under Renovation: Challenge 1
    Origin ID: Talea123
    Forum ID: Talea12345
    Link to gallery:
    Street name of build: RedneckLane 3
    Cheats used: moveobjects, debug and the ignoregameplay cheat
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 49802
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure :)

Apparently I can't posed links, even through I've been on here pretty much forever. Just remove the spaces and it should open in a seperate tap. Sorry about that :(
    http:/ /i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b401/ laraju123/05.06.15_00-52_zpsyzhodmys.png
    http:/ /i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b401/ laraju123/05.06.15_00-47_zpsffa7xkxl.png?t=1433372830
    http:/ /i1040.photobucket.com/albums/b401/ laraju123/05.06.15_00-46_zps6o7nuvco.png?t=1433372830
  • SnappSimzSnappSimz Posts: 1,237 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Evergreen Drive 109 is a very nice home! @GuruFanNo1 :) It looks very nice how you have changed roofing! The stone texture of the exterior looks very nice. The altered balcony railing and the window on the top front of the exterior gives a nice look to the build. It looks very nice how you have placed the stone fencing along the edges of the front pathway, and have the nice touches of the trees either sides of the end of the pathway. The plants look nice placed around the base of the tree in the front area of the build . Nice curved front patio! The sitting area is nice there. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seats in the sunshine having a chat. Very nice pool area ! It looks great how you have angled the pool. Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool. Very nice kitchen and dining area! The purple colour scheme of the room looks so very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets! The flowers on top of the dining table are pretty for sims to see when eating their meals. The patterned floor rug underneath the dining table complements well in the colour scheme of the area. It is nice that you have a curved kitchen work bench counter. Jamie Ann will have fun playing outdoors on the monkey bars.

If I was a judge, my rating for advertising on this would be... a 13/20. The exterior pictures look very nice, however when I look at the dining/kitchen picture my brain screams "NO!" at the mismatched fridge and cabinets and stuff. I have OCPD (which is like OCD but instead of causing anxiety it causes a need to fix it) in video games sorry :[
    HELLO. I HAVE RETURNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    This sounded so good I actually started right away. Thank you for posting this challenge! Iwasn't sure about adding additional windows, but decided to do it either way. If that wasn't allowed, i'll remove them later on. Oh, and how do I add a link to the gallery? Thanks

Origin ID: Talea123
    Forum ID: Talea12345
    Link to gallery:
    Street name of build: RedneckLane 3
    Cheats used: moveobjects, debug and the ignoregameplay cheat
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 49802
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure :)

Apparently I can't posed links, even through I've been on here pretty much forever. Just remove the spaces and it should open in a seperate tap. Sorry about that :(
    05.06.15_00-52_zpsyzhodmys.png

05.06.15_00-47_zpsffa7xkxl.png?t=1433372830

05.06.15_00-46_zps6o7nuvco.png?t=1433372830

I have reposted it for you @Talea12345 :) the gallery link is
    http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/937CCADB0B0811E5807DBD43B4501D7D
    Thank you so much! @rosemow
    RedNeckLane 3 is very nice! @Talea12345 :) The curved roofing is very nice! The yellow flowers box windows look very pretty! The flowers look very nice how you have placed them in the corner nook beside the front porch. Nice seat bench sitting area on the porch for sims to enjoy being outdoors in the air having a rest on the seat. The type of front door that you have used looks nice. Very nice colour of the exterior. The furnishing of the interior of the home looks very nice! The green,yellow and brown colour scheme of the home looks very nice! Very nice living room! It looks nice how you have placed the sofas and armchairs there, for sims to enjoy sitting there having a chat and warming up in front of the fire. The brick texture of the fireplace wall looks nice. It looks very nice how you have positioned the sketch pictures on the wall on the different levels. It is great that you have a play area for Jamie Anne. She will have fun playing with the toys from the toy box, and the big dragon looks so cute! The overlapping green and yellow circle floor there rugs look very nice ! The plant is a nice sight beside the staircase for sims to see when going up and down the stairs. Very nice design of the kitchen! It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets along the upper part of the kitchen walls. The stone texture of the kitchen accent wall looks nice. The island bar stool counter is great! The books and pencils are nice touches on top of the counter. Sims will enjoy sitting there,studying and eating. It looks very nice how you have used both green and yellow coloured dining seats on the sides of the dining table. The butterflies and the fruit pictures on the dining area wall are nice for sims to enjoy looking whilst eating their meals. The postcard noticeboard is a homely touch on the other wall. The lantern ceiling light looks pretty!
  • xovaleexovalee Posts: 273 Member
    Anyone who can fix the links for me that would be great and thanks!

Origin ID: xovalee

Forum ID: xovalee

Link to gallery: h ttp://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/52E267370B1911E580CF4952BAB0DA01?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=xovalee&max=25

Street name of build: 2446 Muledeer Road

Cheats used: MOO and career unlocks

Total cost of renovation after upload:49,934

Would you like to receive any critique? Absolutely

Pictures:

h ttp://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww259/xovalee/Renovation%201/06-04-15_732nbspPM_zpszu3id0wc.png

h ttp://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww259/xovalee/Renovation%201/06-04-15_734nbspPM-2_zps1znejdad.png

h ttp://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww259/xovalee/Renovation%201/06-04-15_734nbspPM_zpsftppu195.png
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    @GuruFanNo1 Great Job on your build! I love the bridge walk up. Great Idea. Your use of purple is really beautiful!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    @Talea12345 I love how your gave the build a whole new look just by changing the shape of the roof. Great Job! I really the toys in the front room, shows she is all about her kid :-)
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
    Thank you :D @Nhicks

I have another question: I find myself bored at the moment, is it possible if I do this challenge again? It was a lot of fun!
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    Thank you :D@Nhicks

I have another question: I find myself bored at the moment, is it possible if I do this challenge again? It was a lot of fun!

You could do another one Zita and I am sponsoring-- 4Sims4 Builder's Contest ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited June 2015
    xovalee wrote: »
    Anyone who can fix the links for me that would be great and thanks!

Origin ID: xovalee

Forum ID: xovalee

Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/52E267370B1911E580CF4952BAB0DA01?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=xovalee&max=25

Street name of build: 2446 Muledeer Road

Cheats used: MOO and career unlocks

Total cost of renovation after upload:49,934

Would you like to receive any critique? Absolutely

Pictures:

06-04-15_732nbspPM_zpszu3id0wc.png

06-04-15_734nbspPM-2_zps1znejdad.png

06-04-15_734nbspPM_zpsftppu195.png
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    "4. Your entry may not exceed the amount of $50000.00 once uploaded to the gallery. (That is the final figure that the judges will look at)"

Am I understanding this correctly? The $50000.00 is the gallery price and does not include the lot cost?
    2446 Muledeer Road is very nice! @xovalee :) The slanted roofing looks very nice! The corners of the exterior of the home gives a very nice look to the home. It is great how you have added festive touches to the build. The festive banner along the front porch wall, the festive wreath on the front wall and the Christmas tree indoors are very nice holiday touches in the home. The hedging along the front edges of the home and on the edge of the front footpath looks very nice! The stone texture of the entrance wall looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed greenery on the balcony railings. Very nice interior of the home. The wooden texture of the walls looks nice. The green colour of sofa complements well with the texture of the walls. The coat shelf beside the front door is a nice homely touch. Sims will have fun playing chess in the chess table behind the sofa in the living room. Very nice dining room! It looks a nice light filled place for sims to enjoy eating their meals with the sunshine coming in through the windows. It looks so very nice now you have placed the cabinets in the corners of the room! The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the dining table. It looks nice how you have placed the blinds in the room. Jamie Anne will have fun playing on the monkey bars.
    @pammiechick I tried that challenge and I either wasn't happy with the layout, the exterior of the house or i couldn't seem to get the furnishing right. Renovating is so much easier! I think I'm going to do a second one either way and just upload it to the gallery :)
    Well, I did a second one. Not really 100% happy about this one, but I did try to do something totally different - meaning I normally would never do things this way. Insomania calls :) Propably not going to count, so I didn't bother filling out the entry form, but I thought i'd put it up either way.
    Here is the link to the gallery: http: //www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/EB656DE20B3511E58FD84952BAB0DA01?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Talea123&max=25
  • jafhsdfjafhsdf Posts: 142 Member
    Fridge, check. Stove, check. I think it's ready lol!

Origin ID: Jafhsdf
    Forum ID: Jafhsdf
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/43B3C7D30B3711E58C046B769642F2F7?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=jafhsdf&max=25
    Street name of build: 215 South Lemon Way
    Cheats used: MOO
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $48,284
    Would you like to receive any critique? Sure!

GktzKZv.png
    1FTOJKB.png
    9SwyE9p.png
  • DrnSimmerDrnSimmer Posts: 473 Member
    I'll be joining. I'm working on mine right now.
    It's fun, hard to stay below the limit it's such a nice house and there is so much I want to put in it.
    TszwvJw.png
    edited June 2015
    Another question...Can we get rid of windows and put them elsewhere? The large windows could be replaced with two smaller windows. Is this fine?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    215 S Lemon Way is a very nice home! @jafhsdf :) The lemon colour of the exterior looks very nice! The slanted roofing looks very nice! The stone exterior texture looks nice with the lemon colour of the walls. It looks very pretty how you have done the front corner nook area with the flowers around the base of the tree! Nice sitting area on the front patio for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the sunshine. The flowers look pretty on the upper balcony. The wall lights on the front give a nice look especially at night time. The hedging looks great how you have placed it along the front windows. Very nice back patio outdoors living, dining and pool areas! The flowers look so pretty around the edges of the pool! They are very nice for sims to see when swimming in the pool! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating their meals at the umbrella covered table, enjoying the outdoors air. They will have fun playing games on the card table on the patio, whilst child sims enjoy playing on the monkey bars! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The living room area is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases either sides of the TV. Sims will enjoy sitting there watching TV or reading a book. The yellow, pink and orange colours of the seating in the area gives a great look in the home. It is nice that they can enjoy looking out through the windows at the backyard patio whilst sitting in the living room. . Very nice design of the kitchen and dining area ! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets! The blue and black colour scheme looks very nice! The enlarged cutlery look great on the wall for sims to see when cooking, and the placement of the cabinets on the floor to use as a table is a great idea! It looks nice how you have angled the dining table. The fruit bowl and paper towels are nice kitchen touches in the room. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! It looks very nice how you have placed the different sized pictures on the master bedhead wall! The angling of the patterned rug on the bedroom gives a great look. The blue and yellow overlapping floor rugs in the kids room looks very nice!