Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC subfolder??

Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
Quick question.. sometimes if i download and un-zip a file( Usually like walls, or re-colors) It puts a sub-folder is my downloads, then I typically go in the folder, cut everything out and put it in the downloads folder.. But my question is, since the lets call it.. "Pretty walls" sub-folder is in my downloads with all the CC in it.. will it work if I just leave it in the folder? Or am I gonna always have to take time to cut and paste? Thanks!

Comments

• GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    You can definitely leave them in the folder you created by unzipping and they will show up in your game just fine :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Godlike wrote: »
    You can definitely leave them in the folder you created by unzipping and they will show up in your game just fine :)

Thank you! Going to save me a lot of time lol :)
    You're welcome and hey, perhaps you can even install The Sims 2 file maid too, for even quicker unzipping. You just drag your zips, rars, whatever to the program and the program automatically unzip it for you.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    What you should do is have at least two sub-folders if you download anything that would go into them:

Mods (or Hacks) and Defaults. Mods can easily conflict with each other and it's easier to make sure you've removed all of them if you keep them all corralled. Defaults you can only have one of at a time. Keeping them together will make it easier should you wish to change your defaults.

I also have folders for the other various types of CC. Build Mode, Buy Mode, Clothes, Hair, Lots, Sims, Make up.

I would also have a folder called New CC once you're done with your first round of CC binging. That way if you download anything new and you don't like it or it causes problems, you can easily find it and remove it.

Yes, it takes more time, but you'll be much happier if something goes wrong.
  • KennydkKennydk Posts: 31 Member
    @Godlike I did not know the sims file maid did this! My trial of Winzip ran out the other day and I don't have the cash to buy a full copy at the moment. Thank you!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    And get 7zip-it's free. :)
  • KennydkKennydk Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you @Rflong7 I'll get on it :-)
    Kennydk wrote: »
    @Godlike I did not know the sims file maid did this! My trial of Winzip ran out the other day and I don't have the cash to buy a full copy at the moment. Thank you!

Even if these supposed trials run out you can still use their programs though but SFM is all kinds of amazing :)
    Lift me up - Let me go