Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are pets Important to your family Play?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2015
    Yes pets are as important as toddlers for me. I have a dog, a cat, and a pond full of fish at my house. I used to own cockatiel birds for years. They used to fly around my old hometown. My cat actually shares the same name as BChick's cat except she is a girl. She snuck into my room and sleeping on my bed tonight. :) Funny my sister got the cat, but cat tends to like me more for some reason. I did lose a cat I had for 18 years over a year ago. I remember how much fun it was creating her and her sister in the Sims 2. Now I don't know if I can make her again. It would be too sad.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    pets are a part of the family and very important
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Pets are important to me as I love animals especially cats
    Bad-Kitty.jpg
    No matter how much of a pain they are
    shot1.jpg

• Options
    QuasiattractorQuasiattractor Posts: 17 Member
    Pets, yes, yes, yes
  • Options
    yunagarnetyunagarnet Posts: 417 Member
    Yes, but they're not more important than toddlers and having teens that actually act and feel like teenagers.
    “Honestly, we didn’t meet player expectations at launch, and that was a difficult pill to swallow,” - The Sims 4 executive producer, Rachel Franklin.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    yunagarnet wrote: »
    Yes, but they're not more important than toddlers and having teens that actually act and feel like teenagers.
    Well said. Plus elders that don't look like adults would be nice even if it meant just adding face feature options.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    No. I banned them in Sims 2 (with mods) and I only ever played with the horses in Sims 3. I love my real life pets but nah, do not want them in Sims 4. My Sims are my pets.
  • Options
    orlyonokorlyonok Posts: 191 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    Ah. I think family interactions are important to family play. I think those should be worked on first before Pets.
    But of course! Pets are important to my family. Especially my beautiful baby Hot Rod!
    111p40p.jpg

I'm in love with Hot Rod <3
    Persians are my favourites, mine is named Nilmo (see my profile picture)

And to answer the question of the thread: I love pets as well IRL, but the ones in TS3 was soooo annoying. Always in the way, demanding too mush attention. But I would probably buy the EP just because.. :wink:
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I'm afraid of pets in the Sims 4 although Human Sims look great. The background animals look a little... odd, for the lack of a better word.
    I really hope cats and dogs come with a wide variety of breeds, from kitten-Elder, from Chihuahua to Wolf, from a hairless Siamese cat to Lion
    I'm interested I'm kind of interested in controlling animals It's a simulation game right? I think it would be cool to play from the Animal perspective. Even to make a pack of wolves and Terrorize the Granite Falls grounds would be cool, live as just animals and no humans in the household.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    orlyonok wrote: »
    meeoun wrote: »
    Ah. I think family interactions are important to family play. I think those should be worked on first before Pets.
    But of course! Pets are important to my family. Especially my beautiful baby Hot Rod!
    111p40p.jpg

I'm in love with Hot Rod <3
    Persians are my favourites, mine is named Nilmo (see my profile picture)

And to answer the question of the thread: I love pets as well IRL, but the ones in TS3 was soooo annoying. Always in the way, demanding too mush attention. But I would probably buy the EP just because.. :wink:

Oooh! Nilmo is beautiful too! <3
  • Options
    HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited June 2015
    I like them, but it's not something essencial in my gameplay. I mean, it's a cool addition, but I can live without them
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well if that chipmonk in the gp is an example of a Sims 4 pet - you might want to rethink that thought.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Add me to the list of simmers that adore pets in the real world; however, I rarely ever play them in the sim world. Although, I personally preferred TS2 Pets when compared to TS3 Pets, I would still like to see the addition of more family gameplay and toddlers before pets in my game.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2015
    I love real-life animals and pets, but I don't like dealing with them in digital form (unless I'm raising digital pet monsters for combat, like in Rune Factory 4, Pokemon, Monster Rancher, Digimon, etc).

In fact, I didn't install/buy the Pets expansions for both sims2 and sims3. (My sister is the one who buys amd plays the pets expansion stuff.)

For me, digital 3D pets are never as cute as the real thing (nor are they as cute as cartoon dogs, either), and usually they feel fake and robotic to me.

So, no, pets don't add anything of value to my sim play.

If sims4 has pets before toddlers, I will be sooo ticked off. :(
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    RemySimsRemySims Posts: 380 Member
    I'd rather have pets than pre-teens.
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    edited June 2015
    They aren't a necessity for me, but I enjoy having them. One of the things I enjoyed the most, in TS3, was having horses. The moment I got the EP, my family build a horse ranch in Sunlit Tides. Right on the beach. It was marvelous and I would love to be able to do something like that again.

However, I think the issue of not being able to change lot sizes may pose a problem.
    Post edited by CipherMandy on
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Oh yes! I loved the pets in Sims 3. I especially loved the horses—riding around town on them to the store, beach, visiting other Sims, or just enjoying the countryside. And jumping, racing, breeding, not to mention the Unicorns! Cashing in all the vegetables they daily dug up in the yard. However, I really cannot see horses fitting into the neighborhoods of Sims 4.

I also loved the hunting skills of the cats and dogs. I have a Sim couple, one being a gardener, and one a cook. Time to send that cat out to go fishing! I need fertilizer, and a salmon for this recipe! Time to send that dog out for a few precious rocks and gems to buy a new sofa! Seems the cat got bored and decided to shred it. No time to go on vacation to grab those elusive insects? Send the cat out to the backyard. They will get those walking sticks that you have determined are really non-existent!

“Here Fido! Jump in this rocketship here and bring me back a few space rocks! And while you’re at it, nab a few aliens and bring them back also. Good Boy!”

Oh well, I can dream…can’t I? Perhaps the dream is better than the reality?
  • Options
    Simmer724Simmer724 Posts: 106 Member
    Definitely need pets. I don't think they need to expand it as far as horses this time, because there were a lot of lot glitches with that in TS3, but definitely cats and dogs, maybe bunnies or something.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Pets , yes!
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Sure, a Pets EP would be fantastic, right after the Family/Generations EP. Toddlers are more necessary for me with the stories I want to make then having a kitty cat dirtying up my sims countertops..
    If they do make a Pets pack of some kind I really hope they do it well and big! I would love to play sims with farm -and- zoo animals.
    Hey a girl can dream lol
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    simladysimlady Posts: 25 New Member
    Pets are a must have. I only bought The Sims so I could have a game to play with pets in it. I was thinking about playing The Sims 3 and adding a pet !!!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited June 2015
    I like to give pets to my sims. In sims 2 though I preferred having just one per household, that way it wasn't too hard to look after. Toddlers and pets are just the cutest thing together. But if I'd have to pick between horses and toddler, I'd pick horses :D (I don't see this happening)