Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the sims 1 and windows 10

husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
Will it work??
yondu-guardians1.jpg
over here i post my cc
new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
you may know me as g1g2

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I don't know.... I hope Compatibility mode still works.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The best thing I can suggest to you for both 1 and 2 is wait and see how things go. Don't be in a hurry to get Windows 10, at least until you know it is something that will still allow you to play these two games. That is what I'm going to do.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I just got Win8 on a laptop... but my Desktop is fine with Win7. I always wait. :D
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hi all,
    I was just thinking the same thing Sims 1,2,3 with windows 10. I have windows 7 pro went to the windows site after getting my icon on my taskbar about the free copy for 10. I did reserve my copy for this computer. I did read that not all features might work on already owned or earlier computers do to hardware etc.

I am on my old lady computer going on age of 8yrs in November. I will really be surprised if my hardware would be compatible with windows 10. I know it was not for windows 8. I agree with LaBlue0314 wait it out and see.

However the free download has a time date on it so if you do not do it before it expires you will have to buy it if you want it.
    I am really looking at buying two new computers because of windows 10 a desk top and a laptop. My 3yr old Asus lappy gamer computer died. So I am not looking at Asus computers anymore. I will be looking for another brand.

Ha Ha this old lady computer is a gateway. I always go my best bang for my buck with gateway 2 computers and they lasted out 12yrs and this one is like I said 8 in November to bad they are no longer. Not sure about Acer they once upon a time bought gateway out.

Here is to hoping that Sims 1 and 2 will still play on the new Windows 10. I will be praying about it.

Your Simmy friend,
    Winterloc

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Hard to say. The more different the OS is to Windows 98 and XP, the less likely it will be able to be reliably installed on all computers.

@winterloc Your computers lasting probably has more to do with how well you treat them and some luck, rather than brand alone. The typical comments I got about Gateway were not that positive.
  • winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
    Hi Seera1024,
    Good to see you here :)

I agree totally with what you are saying about the Operating system. Ea will have to step up to the plate with updates for windows 10 so that we could play the sims game. It will be interesting.

Oh I know what you are saying about not being that positive that is the reason for the Ha ha Ha. Now why my computers have lasted me so long is because I buy gaming computers and top of the line computers since my first one a refurbished IBM with DOS. That lasted about 2yrs. The monitor went on that one a big old CRT Monitor.

Then I had a Compaq that lasted 2yrs windows 3.1 Then my first gateway a little desk top Gateway windows 98second addition that last 12yrs then another Gateway 700xl Windows xp lasted 12yrs with Boston Acoustic Speakers 4 speakers and big old subwoofer. Still using them they work great. Then a laptop my first one an HP that lasted 6yrs windows Xp.

Then the one I have now Gateway FX550xt Windows xp media Center. I put windows 7 pro 64 bit on it Still going strong.
    Then the Asus ROG That replaced my Hp lappy Windows 7 64 bit lasted 3yrs. So as you see with what I really have had the Gateway Computers have out lasted all of them.

Yes I kept them all updated and maintain them as much as I could I am not an IT person. For me I just got the best bang for my bucks from Gateway. Not everyone has. I always ordered my gateways right from them and did a few changes to suit me. I think computers today are like many things throw away and go get a new one. I need a computer to last me longer then 2-3years.

I will be needing to get two new computers. I wish I could really build my own. I am not that good. I find it hard now adays to really find one that I can do small hardware updates when the time comes. I am now looking at HP Laptops but cannot get past the 5400rpm tb hard drive. They can come with a SSHD. I am not sure now about video cards.

I am looking for dedicated I find ones that are discreet. I am not sure of the difference there. My Asus had discreet so. I thought it had dedicated as I thought at that time they were basically the same thing. I do not know any more like back in the day. It has all changed.

I can except the change however the operating systems companies IE windows if you are a pc person are not taking us desktop laptop people into consideration. They want us all to move over to tablets and cell phones.

I am looking forward to windows 10. I hope it is better then windows 8.1. Otherwise I might just go look at a mac.
    Oh well sorry for the long in the tooth here. Thanks Seera1024 for the compliment on taking care of my computers.

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc