Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

my Sims' face disappeared?

igobebe2000igobebe2000 Posts: 15 New Member
edited June 2015 in The Sims 3 Mac Discussion
After updating my sims 4 (Its been a while since I played) I decided to create a new sim

the face is gone (literally invisible) but the other things (clothes,hats,hair,body parts etc.) aren't.
Post edited by igobebe2000 on

Comments

• ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi @igobebe2000 and welcome are you using any CC if so pull the mods folder to the desktop and test again. if not does it keep happening to new sims when you make them without using the CAS cheat

and whats your video card? have you recently updated video drivers?
  • igobebe2000igobebe2000 Posts: 15 New Member
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > hi igobebe2000 and welcome are you using any CC if so pull the mods folder to the desktop and test again. if not does it keep happening to new sims when you make them without using the CAS cheat
    >
    > and whats your video card? have you recently updated video drivers?

NVIDIA GeForce 320M, i play in my Macbook pro (mid 2010 model) (its weird though, i've never encountered this problem before and my Sims was running smoothly)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello.
    If you have mods/cc in your game, did you test your game without them in the mods folder? They may be conflicting with the latest patch.
    @rosemow hello ^_^

no I don't have mods/cc in my game, i would've sent a link to the photo but i can't (new member).
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hello.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Test to see if the problem is still there. Exit the game. Then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" and "custom music " folders to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    @rosemow I tried doing that but it didn't seem to work...
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @rosemow hello ^_^

no I don't have mods/cc in my game, i would've sent a link to the photo but i can't (new member).

You can "break" the link, adding a space in it somewhere. We'll fix it, I for one will make the effort to find this pic... I'd like to see this faceless sim of yours!
    @egwarhammer ht-tp://i.imgur.co-m/jETv6fo.png

I was able to resolve the problem by simply right clicking and repair the game =)
    i'm sorry for causing such a commotion. I've never thought about doing that before xD
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    here you go:

jETv6fo.png

and since you play with a mac i suggest moving this to the sims 4 mac section, youll get more informed mac help there. to move click on edit located top right hand corner of first post, good luck
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    > @ceejay402 said:
    > hi igobebe2000 and welcome are you using any CC if so pull the mods folder to the desktop and test again. if not does it keep happening to new sims when you make them without using the CAS cheat
    >
    > and whats your video card? have you recently updated video drivers?

NVIDIA GeForce 320M, i play in my Macbook pro (mid 2010 model) (its weird though, i've never encountered this problem before and my Sims was running smoothly)
    It was running smoothly, the patch broke it.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    @egwarhammer ht-tp://i.imgur.co-m/jETv6fo.png

I was able to resolve the problem by simply right clicking and repair the game =)
    i'm sorry for causing such a commotion. I've never thought about doing that before xD

No worries, I'm glad you fixed it. Repair option is good... I just wish we didn't have to use it so often. But at least it DOES help fix a bunch of things.

That was a freaky picture. Kinda glad I haven't had that happen here, yet. (Never say never!)
  • ladypancakeladypancake Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi!

I had the same exact problem. My Sim's face disappeared and I couldn't figure out how to fix it even after reading this forum so I just moved him out. Even when he was living in a separate household, his face was still completely gone until one day it wasn't. I don't know what fixed it but later on I moved the Sim back in, face and all. Then he was taking a shower and when he came out his face was gone again. So to humor myself, I just had him take a shower again. And it brought his face back.

I don't know if anyone had a similar problem, but if you did hopefully this might help!
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Also, this is the Sims 3 Mac section. The Sims 4 Mac section is closer to the top of the forums. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • 201601082201601082 Posts: 1 New Member
    it is Cien - No EA Lashes V2 For - For All that caused this problem for me so just search the mod folder and delete it
  • hwasabihwasabi Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks @201601082 ! I've been having trouble with this issue for weeks yet nothing worked. Turns out that it was that simple cc that was messing up my game!
    " The song is over. But the melody lingers on."—Haruki Murakami

tumblr_n9ttjuem1t1rn8lhxo4_500.gif
  • jakerendell9106jakerendell9106 Posts: 2 New Member
    My sims 4 head is still broken and I have tried most of the things mentioned here, any help? I do have mods and I have moved my mods folder and its still doing it... HELP!!!!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @jakerendell9106 - Hi there. This is the TS3 section of the forum. I actually have no idea why this (older) thread is here since it has nothing to do with TS3 for Mac.

There is no Help Center for TS4 here any longer, all of the boards on that section of the forum were archived to Read Only a few months ago in favor of having players post TS4 tech/game related issues on EA's AHQ board instead. Perhaps some assistance could be provided by posting there?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net