Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of Challenges (Legacy and Other) for Sims 4

Comments

• Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Love this thread - gives me tons of great ideas for my LP's. And good job to everyone that's creating these challenges, it can't be easy, but the ones I've tried are super fun :)
  • Sims4Player223Sims4Player223 Posts: 55 Member
    Try adding my challenge, the four Mouthes to feed challenge
  • capturedmusecapturedmuse Posts: 300 Member
    Would I be allowed to submit a challenge if the theme is similoar to one already submitted but not updated? There are a lot of differences between the two.

Rather be safe than sorry.
  • CynergySimCynergySim Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Nicarra60 said:
    > Any new challenges for the list?

RENAISSANCE CHALLENGE

No personal Sim, item or money cheats allowed. Move objects is okay for the sake of decorating, only.

Start a household of eight young adults. It's suggested to turn aging off in the Game Options menu item.

Rules:

All eight household members must have the Renaissance aspiration.

No two household members may have the same occupation, at any time.

Goal: All eight Sims must complete the Renaissance aspiration. One Sim must become an "Over Achiever," by completing five total aspirations.

Tips and hints:

The starting occupation for any Sim is irrelevant, as they will be changing their first three jobs as soon as they reach the third level. The third job is probably the one they'll be staying with, so pick it wisely.

The second aspiration is often easiest by choosing one or both of the Fortune aspirations, as your Sims should be earning some good wages by then. Nerd Brain is a good second or third aspiration, too.

Buy the NanoCan Touchless Trash Can. It seems expensive, but it will give you $80 for every time you use it. If you get free items from the fridge, such as cereal or juice, the empty vessels are worth $80 each. The can gets paid for very quickly.
  • SpookshowSpookshow Posts: 1,252 Member
    Hey all, so I'm new and I'm sorry if I sound real silly but anyone can do these challenges right?
    ALxIrdc.gif
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    LemmyLouch wrote: »
    Hey all, so I'm new and I'm sorry if I sound real silly but anyone can do these challenges right?

Not silly at all. Yes anyone can do these challenges. They are designed to help give people some direction in game play if you find yourself bored. :)
  • Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    LemmyLouch wrote: »

Not silly at all. Yes anyone can do these challenges. They are designed to help give people some direction in game play if you find yourself bored. :)

Indeed, the list is for everyone. Not only to give direction but also just shake up your game play if you find yourself doing the exact same thing every time you play.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • SpookshowSpookshow Posts: 1,252 Member
    > @Spacey72659 said:
    > LemmyLouch wrote: »
    >
    > Hey all, so I'm new and I'm sorry if I sound real silly but anyone can do these challenges right?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not silly at all. Yes anyone can do these challenges. They are designed to help give people some direction in game play if you find yourself bored. :)

> @Nicarra60 said:
    > Spacey72659 wrote: »
    >
    > LemmyLouch wrote: »
    >
    > Hey all, so I'm new and I'm sorry if I sound real silly but anyone can do these challenges right?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not silly at all. Yes anyone can do these challenges. They are designed to help give people some direction in game play if you find yourself bored. :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Indeed, the list is for everyone. Not only to give direction but also just shake up your game play if you find yourself doing the exact same thing every time you play.

Awesome thanks guys. :)
    I'm starting the Asylum challenge currently. Made all my sims after the characters from Girl, Interrupted. :P
    ALxIrdc.gif
  • Apple9Apple9 Posts: 45 Member
    How do you create a sims 4 challenge someone please tell Me!
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    Apple9 wrote: »

Creativity...play testing & a set of rules =) U just make them up!

rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Apple9 wrote: »

There are probably as many methods of creating challenges as there are people who have made them. :D
    • Some challenges were originally created for Sims 2 or Sims 3 and have been updated for Sims 4 - The Legacy Challenge being one of those.
    • Some challenges take an original challenge and add some new twists to it. Be polite and mention the original challenge when you do this.
    • Some challenges take an aspect of the game to create a challenge. Since Sims 4 children have aspirations - there's the Perfect Children challenge to show that off.
    • Some challenges are based on movies or shows - there's the Game of Thrones challenge or the Disney Princess Challenge

That's just a handful of ways people have made challenges.

To my mind, the best challenges have rules - straight forward and easy to understand. They also have winning and losing conditions. You win the legacy challenge when gen 10 is born. You lose if the heir dies or there is no heir for a generation. A black widow challenge is won by killing a certain number of mates.
    A lot of people like points - goals to work toward as the challenge progresses.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • India's_SimsIndia's_Sims Posts: 4 New Member
    Do you could add mine? Its Run the world - Evil leagacy :) <3
  • msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    I just stared a new Challenge: The Starving Artist to Superstar Challenge, and I am recording it as a Let's Play for my YouTube Channel.

Here is a link to episode 1.

And here is a link the rules for the challenge, as well as the rules right here. I hope you enjoy it. Please let me know if you decide to start your own Starving Artist to Superstar Challenge.

Starving Artist To Superstar Challenge

Ultimate Goals:
    Reach level 10 of all instruments; piano, guitar, and violin
    Reach Level 10 of the Entertainer Career Music Branch
    Publish/License at least three songs with each instrument.
    Save at least $75,000 to be able to build a fabulous house.
    Complete the Musical Genius Asparation.
    Optional: complete the Fabulously Weathly Asparation after completing Musical Genius Asparation

Create your Sim
    Use any trails you like, but you must choose the Musical Genius aspiration to start with.

Set lifespan to long or turn aging off. This challenge is going to take some time, and if your sim is aging up too fast you might get frustrated, but by all means if you want a more difficult challenge set aging to normal. On my first run through it took 5 weeks just to get to the point where my Sim was able to license a song.

Option for more difficulty: To make this challenge a even more challenging, you can start the challenge as a runaway teen. All rules for the runaway teen challenge apply, except you still can only earn money from playing music and writing songs. Remember as a runaway teen you can't talk to adults so you can't really play for tips until you become a Young Adult, but it will give you the opportunity to buildup your music skills. You can become friends with other teens of the same gender and once you become good friends you can spend the night at there home, but you still can't talk to there parents or other adults that might live in the house.

Another optional for difficulty: play until you save $100,000 or more for a luxurious home.

Choose a lot - it doesn't matter which lot you choose because you're not going to be staying on this lot or having any belongings left here. At first, you don't have to worry about paying the bills because won't need any electricity or water. But you will eventually need to pay all the bills, because to complete this challenge you will need to build a comfortable home worth at least $75,000 (or more if you are going for a more difficult challenge). Please note that when you don't pay the bills they still continue to come each week even though your power and your electricity have been turned off. So choose your lot wisely. Lots with higher property values are likely to have higher taxes as well. You can alway trade up later, but keep that in mind as you save for your home, because you will need to account for the higher lot value.

I found that if you leave a lot with absolutely nothing on it you get VERY high bills even on the smallest lot in the poorest neighborhood. So before you knock your funds down to $100 using the money cheat, add a tree, a shrub and a couple of flowers to the lot. You can also add an outside trash can as well. You can do as little or as much as you like, but you need to have at least some landscaping to prevent EXTREMELY high taxes. DO NOT build any structure on the lot.

No matter which lot you choose you cannot leave any belongings on the lot, other than the landscaping. You may purchase up to 5 items that will go in your personal inventory, I suggest the guitar, violin, slablet and any other items that you will carry with you. You do not need to include any books that you purchase in these five items. Any belongings that will not go in your personal inventory must be left in storage a.k.a. your family inventory, i.e. Bookcase. You can make use of these items simply by going to your personal lot taking them out of your inventory using them and then putting them back. Four instance when you need to purchase a skill book, or any other book, you can purchase a bookcase put it on your home lot purchase books but then you must put it back in your Family inventory before you leave the lot. I have not found a way to purchase books any other way than on your home lot, which is why this exception is given. You cannot use this exception for things such as beds, couches, refrigerator, stove etc. you must sleep on park benches or at friends houses, you cannot sleep on your home lot. Your food can be cooked/grilled at the park, you can eat fruits and vegetables, or you can cook at your friend’s home.

Starting Money: your sim must start with no more than $100. Once you have purchased your instruments and other items use the Money cheat to reduce funds to $100

Shift + CTRL + C
    testingcheats on
    Money 100

I am not 100% sure if you have to do the "testing cheats on" before you do the money cheat, but it doesn’t hurt.

Option for more difficulty: start with absolutely no money and only purchase one item, but that item can't be an instrument. But remember you can only make money through music. You can find instruments around town.

Optional: fill all the empty houses with sims, that way you have more people you can become friends with. Or leave the houses empty and move in sims that you have become friends with who don't already live in town. You may become friends with anyone from any town or neighborhood.

NO EDITING Homes or Community Lots: You cannot edit any of the community lots or your friend’s homes to add things that you need. This is TOTALLY off limits. Although, if you are like me and like more lighting that would be acceptable. You can however change the lots before starting the game. I have downloaded a bunch of new lots into my game to add a bit of variety because the standard lots were getting a bit boring for me.

Earning Money: You can only earned money from playing for tips and making songs and licensing songs. At least until you build up your skills enough to join the entertainer career.

Entertainer Career: You cannot join the entertainer career until you have reached level 9 of all three instruments, guitar, violin, piano, and have written and licensed at least 1 songs on each instrument.

Collectibles: You cannot sell collectibles, produce or fish. You can only use produce and fish for consumption.

Community Lots: You can only sleep on an outdoor park bench between the hours of 6 AM and 11PM. This is when most parks would be open and then close for the night at 11PM. And if you are caught sleeping in a public park after dark you could be arrested for loitering. You can however hangout at the park or other public areas until 2 am or as long as there are other Sims are on the lot.

You cannot sleep on the same lot two nights/days in a row. The same is true when staying with friends, you do not want to wear out your welcome.

You can only enter the buildings on community lots, such as bars, library, museum during regular business hours, unless there are other Sims already in the building. So if you travel to the bar at 3 AM and nobody is in the building you cannot go in, but if there is somebody tending bar or somebody hanging out in the lounge you can enter the building. This applies to all community buildings. You can use the facilities that are outside of any community building at any time of day regardless of who might be on-site or not, but remember you can only sleep on a public bench between 6 AM and 11 PM. So for instance you can use the piano outside at the museum in Willow Creek, and you can use any of the outside bathrooms that are around town, but not the bathrooms where you actually can see the toilet and sink only the public restrooms. This does not apply to parks, the parks close at 2 am whether there are people there or not, you must leave the park at 2 am, let the other violators be arrested.

You can remain on any community lot such as the bar or gym as long as there are other Sims there also. This means that sleeping at the gym (inside) is acceptable as long as there are other sims in the building. This is for after hours only, you can sleep on any community lot any time between 6 am and 11 pm even if there are no other sims on the lot. If all the other sims leave the building you must leave also. I have noticed this happens quite often at the Library after 8 pm.

You can sleep and use the facilities at houses around town but only if you are good friends with the owners, or something above Romantic Interest, such as lovebirds with one of the owners of the home.

You can only sleep in a bed at a friends house if there are beds available. If there are no beds available then you must sleep on the couch. Count the number of Sims who live in the house and the number of beds. If there are extra beds then feel free to use the empty bed. You may also use empty beds if the Sims in the household are not sleeping. For instance, if there are three beds and 3 sims who live there, but none of them are sleeping then you can sleep in a bed. But, if two beds get taken, and all sims are home, you must vacate the third bed so that the 3rd Sim can sleep if the choose to do so. Remember you can only spend one night in a row at anyone's house.

Also when staying with friends you should be considerate of their schedules, if you are going to spend the night with them you should be in by 11 pm. This only applies to friends not to boyfriends/girlfriends. Feel free to show up at any hour of the night to a boyfriend/girlfriends house. You may also arrive later at a friends house if you happen to be out with one of your friends at a bar until 2 am. It is perfectly appropriate to travel home with them after hanging out for the evening.

And remember, you must be GOOD friends in order to sleep at someone's house. Being just friends is not going to cut it in this case.

Earn your Keep: When you spend the night at a GOOD friend’s house you have to earn your keep either by cleaning, repairing objects, or cooking meals. When you cook a meal you must serve the meal so others can eat as well. Please note, this will cost you a bit of money but it's a lot less than what you would be paying and if you had your own house and paying higher bills. This is also a good reason to collect fruits and vegetables from around town, because it will make the price of the meals you are cooking a little less expensive.

Make sure to put away the leftovers when you are done eating otherwise they will go bad, and feel free to grab a serving of items available in the refrigerator, more than likely you cooked the item anyway, but if there is already food available make sure that you can help out in some other way, like cleaning or repairing. If there is nothing else that needs to be done then you might have to upgrade, but you can only do that if you have the necessary parts. So cooking might be your only option.

And by all means if you make a mess, a.k.a. Pee yourself or leave a mess after cooking, clean it up!

If you become boyfriend/girlfriend with someone you can stay at their house every night but you cannot move in with them. If you want to make things a bit more difficult then continue to follow the one night stay limit even for boyfriend/girlfriend. You cannot ask to become boyfriend/girlfriend until the love meter is all the way up and the friendship meter is at least three quarters.

You cannot get married until you have the money to build your own home worth at least $75,000.

Visiting Houses: You cannot visit any of the locals houses until you are friends with at least one sim who lives there. So you can't just go and knock on a random door and become friends with them. You must first meet and introduce yourself to them on a community lot and become friends with them before you can visit them at their house. Remember you must be GOOD friends in order to spend the night.

Once you know a sim you can call them any time you like, and invite them to the current lot. You cannot select travel with them and less you are GOOD friends.

Rewards Store: once you reach level 10 of any one of the instruments, and you have enough reward points, you can purchase the Savant Reward to help learn skills faster.

You may also purchase any of the other rewards you chose, with the exception of Potions.

Potions: all potions except the sleep replacement potion are off limits.

This is a very difficult challenge, but it is a lot of fun. You really have to be creative in finding ways to survive living on the street while trying to become a superstar.

Have fun.

• alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    My sim for just regular playing just died and he had maxed all the instruments :( haha @msarobix Your challenge looks very interesting I might just have to bring my sim back to life..
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • abbiecaabbieca Posts: 60 Member
    Thank you for this list it's a life saver!!! :smiley:
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Hi. I've got another one for the list.

The Accidental Time Traveller Legacy Challenge. http://accidentaltimetraveller.weebly.com/

There are some details on the forums
    which can be found here. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/836575/the-accidental-time-traveller-legacy-challenge?new=1

Thank you. And thanks for adding the Bunker Challenge to the List :D (can't remember if I thanked you earlier :s )
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• AnnaSims123AnnaSims123 Posts: 90 Member
    add Perfect Sim challenge on my page
  • LittleRedRidingSimLittleRedRidingSim Posts: 122 Member
    Hi All,

A "room challenge" from me, since I often create children's bedrooms:

"Animal Inspired Challenge" - please hashtag with #animalinspiration so I can find it easily in the gallery!

Full rules in description and comments section:
    www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0A88CD7109A911E58D79B0D859B2D240

Hope you will participate!
    g6e9pimv4c4c.png
  • Green_OliveGreen_Olive Posts: 54 Member
    Hey, I tried to click the prison challenge because I was curious about it and I believe the link is dead - gave me a 404 error. Just thought I should tell you :)
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Hey, I tried to click the prison challenge because I was curious about it and I believe the link is dead - gave me a 404 error. Just thought I should tell you :)
    That was presented by TheSimSupply on his YouTube as a Let's Play Series.
    https://youtu.be/7eLQdgRlirI
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    RethaSim wrote: »
    Hi All,
    A "room challenge" from me, since I often create children's bedrooms:
    "Animal Inspired Challenge" - please hashtag with #animalinspiration so I can find it easily in the gallery!
    Full rules in description and comments section:
    www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0A88CD7109A911E58D79B0D859B2D240
    Hope you will participate!
    I found your Gallery Link
    but personally find it a bit difficult to follow. Do you have a blog or maybe have you thought of posting a thread for people wanting to ask questions?
  • whisperxxwhisperxx Posts: 16 Member
    I adapted the Sims 3 Cinderella Challenge but since I'm not a member I can't link it but it's in the Stories and legacys..
  • LilMissSimmerLilMissSimmer Posts: 5 New Member
    Alien Takeover challenge!

Your mission from planet Sixam is to populate the sims world with simaliens - the super race. To do this you must find and kill victims that are human and at every opportunity get a child from these sims in order to make the superaliens (sim/alien combo)

Rules:

Make your sim, they can look however they like BUT the sim must be an alien and MUST wear their disguise at all times except when on their own. - You cannot be found out! (you may use more than one alien, but it will be harder to keep their true identity a secret.)

(A male hyrbid sim might be a good choice as they can impregnate men and women!)

Killing - The Aliens home must contain a basement, this is where you will lock your victims and kill by starvation. (you can kill using cowplants but this is more time consuming) It is advised to first be impregnated by the sim before killing in order to give a life for taking one.

Once your simalien has reached young adulthood they must be moved into the neighborhood

Your sim cannot become employed - they dont know enough about earth yet! however they may take money off victims to help them survive.

You must have the baby at home to avoid hospital employees discovering your identity!

Your offspring may participate in the mission but once they have been moved out they cannot!

You can only have ONE CHILD per sim before they are killed, unless of course you have twins etc.

YOU MAY NOT kill sims in the chamber just because they discovered you are an alien.

you may move in the victim in order to trap them however,

Once the victim has been moved in, or been woohoo'd with they cannot leave the lot! you cant risk your secret being reveled! KILL EM!

You fail the challenge IF:

- You are discovered as an alien and the victim escapes the lot
    - You die
    - You fail to fill every home within Willow Creek OR Oasis Springs with at least 3 simaliens

( i don't think this has been done by anyone else? if so apologies! :S )

if you can think of anything i have missed please let me know! if you have any questions ask away! ENJOY!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top