March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writing a Song

Has anyone else had an issue where they can't stop their sim from the 'Writing a Song' action? I'll choose for my sim to shower, toilet or go to bed and he will pull his bow back and stop playing, then go right back to it. He'll only autonomously stop if he's literally going to drop, etc. I have to use resetsim if I want him to stop prior to this. I haven't checked the piano, but this happens continually with the violin and guitar. Let me know if anyone knows a better way to fix this than the resetsim cheat.
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    Thanks @rosemow was kind of looking for something that would not force me to reload, repair or reset. Hope this is dealt with soon.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hey @MiyuEmi :) you know ive never written a song with the violin or guitar only the piano, ill try to test today
    Thanks @ceejay402 let me know what happens on your end. So far they'll only stop if they're about to fall asleep or when the song is finished. If I interrupt them at any point, they'll just continue on playing. It's getting frustrating.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    ok i just tried with guitar and didnt have an issue. lets see if anyone else reports the problem
    ok i see it is a known bug http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sim-plays-piano-until-passing-out-Writing-Song/td-p/3457661

i just thought of something do you have free will on or off. i have it off so i cancel it out and i can also not have my sim return to writing the song
  • RinaWhite01RinaWhite01 Posts: 50 Member
    This happens to me too! Every time my sim writes a song on the violin I have to reset her. She will just keep going after I have canceled the interaction.
    This happens to me too! Every time my sim writes a song on the violin I have to reset her. She will just keep going after I have canceled the interaction.
    hey @RinaWhite01 do you have free will on or off?
  • RinaWhite01RinaWhite01 Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2015
    I have free will on. I will hit cancel on "Write a song" and she will just keep going, She won't do anything else. I've let it go on for a while just so see what would happen and she just keeps playing, I have to do CTRL SHIFT C and Reset Sim every time. She would just keep going until she dies if I don't reset her.
    I have free will on. I will hit cancel on "Write a song" and she will just keep going, She won't do anything else. I've let it go on for a while just so see what would happen and she just keeps playing, I have to do CTRL SHIFT C and Reset Sim every time. She would just keep going until she dies if I don't reset her.

try it with it off to see if that helps
    Thanks @ceejay402 I might just wait to perform this action until it's been fixed as I dislike playing with freewill off.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited June 2015
    Since September there has been an issue with getting Sims to stop writing songs on all instruments. The work-around of queuing several other actions (like toilet, shower, etc.) and then canceling the songwriting was always successful for me. If that's no longer a viable work-around and reset is the only option, that's both annoying and troubling. It indicates that the developers are even more oblivious to the problem than they were when the game first came out.

I don't have anyone at a high music level right now, but when I do I'll have to give it a try.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I usually get this problem. To stop it I would cancel writing then either spam 'go to the loo' or travel interaction. Spamming the loo option usually works for me. I'm very surprised this still hasn't been fixed yet.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
    @Esine and @MsPhy I'll try that, spamming an action for my sim after cancelling the song writing. Yeah, was disappointing for me because it was the first time I'd got someone up to a high enough level to try it and then they won't stop!
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    ok :) perhaps the bug could be more related to a problem with free will then the action itself. i always play with free will off, i rule!! :D and so understand not wanting to turn off or on for play but it could be helpful to the Ea staff that review these threads to test to see if a game with this bug can have any relief if free will is off.
  • cooldood555cooldood555 Posts: 82 Member
    I just had this issue with Mortimer Goth, but not when writing songs; any time he used any logic-building object, he wouldn't stop. It seemed to fix itself when I went to work with him, though. (In my game, he's a Scientist). On a related note, I've had Cassandra write several songs and never had an issue with her stopping. Wonder why?